My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FIRST

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty good game tonight -- too bad DDR's final shot accidentally went in or we could have been 1 game closer to the lottery

maybe pop is saving sammich for the magic game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty good game tonight -- too bad DDR's final shot accidentally went in or we could have been 1 game closer to the lottery
    the way White looked at Derozan after the game winner was definitely more like "what did you just do?"

anyway, great dunk by Lonnie ... i think him missing that home stretch played a good part in our losing streak ... wish Vassell would still get some minutes though

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - This win was on Pop too, by adjusting Poeltl's minutes. He played with the second unit more often, which made us more compe ive for 48 minutes.

- Lonnie should be the go-to player of the second unit. He looks almost impossible to stop when he becomes agressive. Like Derozan, looks like he can go to wherever he wants to.

- Gay should play less minutes in favor of Keldon. Good to see Keldon finishing the game.

- This win in on Derozan, Murray, Poeltl, White (for his defense) and Pop.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With that dunk, can we assume that Lonnie’s wrist is not bothering him no more?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yay a win

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm probably one of the few remaining Pop apologists on this forum and i get that its Dallas and we should always try to beat them(the second most hated team after the Lakers for me) but someone fire Pop pls unless it was one game and we get back to losing again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm probably one of the few remaining Pop apologists on this forum and i get that its Dallas and we should always try to beat them(the second most hated team after the Lakers for me) but someone fire Pop pls unless it was one game and we get back to losing again.
    you don't hire a new couch to have your team lose with him, especially not if your current one is generally that adapt at delivering just that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sad that Lonnie’s minutes came at the expense of Vassell, instead of Mills, who’s defense has slipped to Forbesian levels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, each game is clearly being thrown. With that being said, if the guys give themselves a chance and fight really hard for a win, they'll take the win. It's good for development (Murray, White, Keldon, Lonnie).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft odds be damned, it feels good to break that losing streak and it's always fun to get a win over the Mavericks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, each game is clearly being thrown. With that being said, if the guys give themselves a chance and fight really hard for a win, they'll take the win. It's good for development (Murray, White, Keldon, Lonnie).
    I really hope you are right and the coaching staff is really just kinda throwing out crazy rotations and decisions to induce a soft tank.

If this team is really performing at its ceiling and this is the best we can expect going forward...that would be concerning to say the least. I think we all agree that some pieces need to go, but most of the core group (Murray, White, Walker, Johnson, Vassell, Poeltl) are going to be around for a while.

At least we aren't being blatant about it like the Thunder who have resorted to just starting the end of their bench because it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching DeRozan operate in the closing minutes was cringe worthy, sorry.. I don't care if they pulled out a win with low IQ shots and a complete absence of ball movement. I feel bad for the young guys, who always defer to him in these moments. I'd bet no other max player in the league has as many games where leads his team in minutes played while registering the lowest +/- for starters. It's pretty much DeRozan's main characteristic at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope you are right and the coaching staff is really just kinda throwing out crazy rotations and decisions to induce a soft tank.

If this team is really performing at its ceiling and this is the best we can expect going forward...that would be concerning to say the least. I think we all agree that some pieces need to go, but most of the core group (Murray, White, Walker, Johnson, Vassell, Poeltl) are going to be around for a while.

At least we aren't being blatant about it like the Thunder who have resorted to just starting the end of their bench because it.
    Rudy and Mills are reaching LMA levels of suck, and we all saw what happened with him. At some point it was realized that inserting Luka in there or giving Vassell more minutes wasn't going to be a magical pill to take the team far into the playoffs. You don't take shortcuts. So you live and die with what you have, and if the result is not good by the end, the decisions to make big changes wouldn't be questioned as much as it would have if Pop had tinkered the rotations a little bit to make the team look somewhat competent and giving more illusions that this team can compete without a couple more pieces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching DeRozan operate in the closing minutes was cringe worthy, sorry.. I don't care if they pulled out a win with low IQ shots and a complete absence of ball movement. I feel bad for the young guys, who always defer to him in these moments. I'd bet no other max player in the league has as many games where leads his team in minutes played while registering the lowest +/- for starters. It's pretty much DeRozan's main characteristic at this point.
    i think ddr has the 2nd best +/- on the team right now (djm first) and theyre the only postive ones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking this up on my phone so could be wrong tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was expecting a loss and it would've been okay by now. But a win over Mavs, and swatting some of those Doncic shots were very satisfying. Doncic really looks like a punk to me the way he smirks whenever he makes a basket, and gnarl at the officials for no calls. And the Walker dunk was exceptional. Walker is winning me back. Oh, and Demar was great too. Great win.
    Last edited by John B; 04-12-2021 at 11:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we can’t be Orlando after their firesale

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we can’t be Orlando after their firesale
    With how the Spurs are playing? It wouldn't surprise me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With how the Spurs are playing? It wouldn't surprise me
    it's ok I'm patient tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My head tells me to hope for a loss so the spurs can be lottery-bound but too many years of rooting for the black and silver have my heart always rooting for the win. I'm in a place where if the spurs lose, I can rationalize that it's good but also where if the spurs win, especially against a rival, it's still satisfying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think ddr has the 2nd best +/- on the team right now (djm first) and theyre the only postive ones
    For On Court +/- per 100 possessions, DeRozan is 7th on the team.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../SAS/2021.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For On Court +/- per 100 possessions, DeRozan is 7th on the team.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../SAS/2021.html
    i see ddr here as being first overall, 7th in dbpm

i read it wrong initially lol, swapping him and djm

am i still seeing it wrong?

Thread Information