Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Ok, its not . Its kinda ok. Sub zero ice effects are pretty damn good. Scorpion vs sub zero are also pretty much best fights in the film. I dont know which character i liked most, as they all got little screen time. Well, cole got the most time and i didnt really like him. He wast even that bad, but just kinda meh. The way the characters get powers is also weird. I think it makes sense with Liu Kang, but not with Kano or Jax. Oh, Liu Kang is ed in this movie. He is just a side character, which sucks. On the other hand Cole goes from losing to a normal mma fighter, to defeating 2 strongest characters. Kugn Lao has a great kill, but most of the fatalities were pretty . I expected more. Also, most fights are happening during night, so u cant really see a lot. They also should have used the mk song more. I think the reptile vs liu kang from 95 is still the best fight in an mk movie and that film is still better for me. Gotta say i am happy this wasnt as as i thought it will be. Now lets wait for the sequel and johnny cage.
    Oh and this was not a tournament film, but just Shang Tsung sending his fighters to kill the good guys before the tournament even starts. Idk how that works, cause i always thought there has to be a tournament if outworld wants to rule. In this movie Shang Tsung is kinda like, the elder gods, lets kill them right away. 95 Raiden is also much, much better. Id say only Sonya is better than the 95 one. I did enjoy Kano, but here he does get much more screen time than in the last film and both of them were good.
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 04-17-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched the preview on HBO Max ( the first few minutes of the movie one ). It definitely looked good enough to watch the rest. Looking forward to it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I watched the preview on HBO Max ( the first few minutes of the movie one ). It definitely looked good enough to watch the rest. Looking forward to it.
    by far the best part of the movie. after that it kinda goes downhill.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    by far the best part of the movie. after that it kinda goes downhill.
    That's too bad. I'll still watch though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That's too bad. I'll still watch though.
    yea, it is worth a watch for sure.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Same.. the little details like Sub Zero and Scorpion speaking their native languages gives me hope for the rest of the movie. The Scorpion cartoon was pretty good, so hoping they get this one right

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Getting decent reviews.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    5/10

The acting is slightly better than the other two cheesy movies. It’s like they hear Mortal Kombat and they go into lazy acting mode. Really no efforts put into acting here.

Kano was hilarious though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    5/10

The acting is slightly better than the other two cheesy movies. It’s like they hear Mortal Kombat and they go into lazy acting mode. Really no efforts put into acting here.

Kano was hilarious though.
    Perhaps better than in mk2. But no way its better than in 1. There also was not a lot of time to really make these characters iconic after just one movie. Cole is by far the worst actor and he gets the most time. I hope this gets a sequel and Cole gets Jonny Cage from mk2 death at the start of the film.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Perhaps better than in mk2. But no way its better than in 1. There also was not a lot of time to really make these characters iconic after just one movie. Cole is by far the worst actor and he gets the most time. I hope this gets a sequel and Cole gets Jonny Cage from mk2 death at the start of the film.
    True. They really forced in the Scorpion connection instead of just having you know...Scorpion the whole movie.

Also, his family dies from being frozen but Cole's gets to live while also being frozen but somehow live and even get defreeze but not the other?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    True. They really forced in the Scorpion connection instead of just having you know...Scorpion the whole movie.

Also, his family dies from being frozen but Cole's gets to live while also being frozen but somehow live and even get defreeze but not the other?
    The scorpion actor was great and got way too little screen time. Him and sub zero were the best part for me.
    I think Hanzo's wife had something like a blade in her back while she was frozen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guess I'll check it out eventually considering I got HBO MAX at the shop now because a client put it on my firestick. I always liked the MK franchise just because it came out when I was a kid and can remember exactly where I was when I got to play it for the first time on a SNES. Good times!

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guess I'll check it out eventually considering I got HBO MAX at the shop now because a client put it on my firestick. I always liked the MK franchise just because it came out when I was a kid and can remember exactly where I was when I got to play it for the first time on a SNES. Good times!
    lol you mean you let your boyfriend pimp your spot. calf

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Like that they kept some stuff from the game

Bi Han having noob saibot's colors when he dies
    Kung Lao dying like a , when he got his fatality off I thought he'd be safe but no, he went out like a
    Lui Kang spamming the leg sweep was pretty funny as well.

I won't say cole ruined the movie but his ing character really made no sense except to trick us into thinking scorpion was gonna take over his body for the fight and it never happened.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Like that they kept some stuff from the game

Bi Han having noob saibot's colors when he dies
    Kung Lao dying like a , when he got his fatality off I thought he'd be safe but no, he went out like a
    Lui Kang spamming the leg sweep was pretty funny as well.

I won't say cole ruined the movie but his ing character really made no sense except to trick us into thinking scorpion was gonna take over his body for the fight and it never happened.
    That's pretty good Trainwreck, I didn't even pick up on the dead Bihan looking burnt up being Noob.

I thought the movie was fun. Kept me entertained. They basically made it kinda like super hero movies the way they acquired projectiles, Kano flat out asks when he's getting his super powers lmao.

I thought kano looked like a pussy but was hilarious.
    The fight scenes and action were tight.
    Cole and I love Goro but him going game of Thrones on Goro had me getting up and yelling lol, that was awesome.
    I enjoyed it, 1995 still superior. Needed the techno MK music

I also liked Sonya, I believed her action scenes lol

I hope they make more.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So was Shang at the end setting up for the fallen characters to be Revanants?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So was Shang at the end setting up for the fallen characters to be Revanants?
    Nah he'll probably just necromance them back, especially kano he got stabbed in his eye so hes definitely getting the plate in the next movie. Sonya got her ass kicked in terms of power which makes sense cause shes tiny and powerless for must off the movie. Glad they had her use her brains instead of some girl power bull .

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Already talking about a sequel? Getting a bit ahead, no?

This doesn't look like a movie that will do all that great in theater given how terrible everything is outside of the action sequence. Maybe a direct to stream seems more like with a lot less of a budget.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

This doesn't look like a movie that will do all that great in theater given how terrible everything is outside of the action sequence. Maybe a direct to stream seems more like with a lot less of a budget.
    i think not even all action scenes looked that good. Only Scorpion and Sub Zero stuff looked pretty good, but even those fights werent as good as the Reptile and Scorpion figths from 95. At least in my opinion. This also has to make at least 150M for them to make a sequel. Even tho I didn't really like it, I do hope they make it, cause i am interested to see what they make of Jonny Cage and other characters.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i think not even all action scenes looked that good. Only Scorpion and Sub Zero stuff looked pretty good, but even those fights werent as good as the Reptile and Scorpion figths from 95. At least in my opinion. This also has to make at least 150M for them to make a sequel. Even tho I didn't really like it, I do hope they make it, cause i am interested to see what they make of Jonny Cage and other characters.
    Here's a little trivia about those fights they weren't in the original cut and only added because test audiences said there weren't enough fights, both were choreographed by the guy who played liu kang

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Here's a little trivia about those fights they weren't in the original cut and only added because test audiences said there weren't enough fights, both were choreographed by the guy who played liu kang
    yea, i knew that. Robin Shou did great at making those fights. The music also makes that Reptile fight pretty damn good. Best trivia from the 95 one is that Tom Cruise was kicked of the set and that Cameron Diaz would be playing Sonya if she didnt hurt her wrist 2 months into training.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

They may not green light a sequel but a bunch of the actors are signed on to multi movie deals

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I bailed with 30 minutes left

Thread Information