Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - The problem of this team is not DeRozan.
    - The problem is lack of consistent scoring outside DeRozan.
    - Overall lack of consistency from the bench.
    - We can solve this problem by signing a scoring option to play the 4 like Collins and make KJ and Lonnie our main scorers from the bench.
    - We need better defense from the bench which we could get with the cap we have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are in a ty position tbh. Giving a guy like DDR the Max (or near it) pretty much guarantees you’re not going to be a contender for the foreseeable future. But San Antonio simply does not attract free agents, so they may have no choice. LMA was an anomaly. He’s from here and wanted to be closer to his family. That ain’t happening again. Will be interesting to see what they do. I think even PATFO don’t really know what they’re going to do yet tbh. They’re strung along with it too I’d imagine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With that said, I still think the Knicks are going to offer him a ludicrous contract and that’s where he’ll be playing ball for the next few years. Max contract in a big market and he gets to return to the East. That’s my gut feeling tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With that said, I still think the Knicks are going to offer him a ludicrous contract and that’s where he’ll be playing ball for the next few years. Max contract in a big market and he gets to return to the East. That’s my gut feeling tbh.
    With the way they play Randle, I think it would be a bad fit for Demar.
    RJ is like a lite version of DeRozan - a scorer that does not shoot.
    Don't see the Knicks making the offer.
    DeRozan is from Compton, the west side capital of 90's hip-hop. He would not play for the New York Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is from Compton, the west side capital of 90's hip-hop. He would not play for the New York Knicks.

Lol. Money talks bud. DeMar will likely go to the highest bidder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's too bad he can be a turnstile on defense because he's a solid offensive player. He's what...4th or 5th in clutch points in the league? I have a hard time wanting to give a guy max money who hasn't proven he can help a team win. Spurs might drop to a 25 win team without him, but, maybe not.

I don't see him wanting to sign here for 2 years. No upside in that for him. This summer's deal will likely be his last big contract. He's got to push it to 4 or 5 seasons.
    It's not like he can't do better. He's 31 and has all the tools. And part of that also because we had Aldridge, and Patty and even Keldon who's overmatched that guys need to rush to help. I think Spurs can solve that with a better defender like Collins, less Patty and hide Demar at the least. Because you're right, Demar is a top scorer. And knowing him, he'll want to keep loyal and resign, depending who they get in the FA to help the Spurs in the next level, then sign that will be win/win to both. Demar is a good character. I don't really see him playing hard with the FO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the does his Compton origin and rap music have to do with him not playing in NYC? I think you have watched one too many BIG vs Pac Netflix do entaries playa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like he can't do better. He's 31 and has all the tools. And part of that also because we had Aldridge, and Patty and even Keldon who's overmatched that guys need to rush to help. I think Spurs can solve that with a better defender like Collins, less Patty and hide Demar at the least. Because you're right, Demar is a top scorer. And knowing him, he'll want to keep loyal and resign, depending who they get in the FA to help the Spurs in the next level, then sign that will be win/win to both. Demar is a good character. I don't really see him playing hard with the FO.
    I go back and forth on Demar. But, yeah, on top of being a top offensive talent he's loyal and a high character guy. If the Spurs committed to putting the right piece or two around him the team could still be pretty special. Some of the squads Pop has assembled the last couple of years were doomed to failure, no matter how good Demar is. Patty, Bryn and Belli out there on the floor together still gives me nightmares. End of the day, if he remained a Spur, I wouldn't be upset by that decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... DeMar is 31 years old right now. If PATFO were to decide to sign him for 4 years for $128 million, Hmm, that may be a hard pill to swallow, considering his age & father time will sooner or later, catch up with him. Of coarse, he's a mid range scorer who also relies on banging in the paint to get his points on the FT line. Sooner or later, he would have to evolve his game into something else, such as shooting from the 3 point line, for instance, which there has been some tidbit flashes of possibilities, but he would have to increase his production with that as he ages, or begin to think about coming off the bench as he gets older, if he continues to play as he does now. If he remains with the Spurs, I'm sure that Pop, if he's still around, will manage his minutes. But to invest in DDR now for 4 years & with that much money, considering his age & his current style of play, with the uncertainty of his willingness to change or evolve his game, but will he be really worth the signing, or should they invest in a younger player with upside potential, or just invest in the current youth & draft prospects? PATFO is loyal, but I just hope that PATFO will take a looong hard look at this before they make their decision on pulling the trigger on him. In the meantime, let the guessing games on this matter & other potential offseason Spurs' decision moves, continue... GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy but I see Demar staying a Spur this summer, don't ask me about specifics but dude seems loyal to a fault, so I can definitely see him and PATFO getting something worked out. And tbh who gives a if he stays or goes? Spurs aren't doing in the foreseeable future anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy but I see Demar staying a Spur this summer, don't ask me about specifics but dude seems loyal to a fault, so I can definitely see him and PATFO getting something worked out. And tbh who gives a if he stays or goes? Spurs aren't doing in the foreseeable future anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass on those numbers.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    After three failed seasons, I'm surprised the "extend Demar crew" still has any members.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After three failed seasons, I'm surprised the "extend Demar crew" still has any members.
    I mean truth is we're gonna suck with or without Derozan, but at the end of the day Demar is still somewhat of a star in the NBA and that puts fans in the seats. It might not make much sense to us long time fans but having a star player draws the casuals in. It is what it is.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean truth is we're gonna suck with or without Derozan, but at the end of the day Demar is still somewhat of a star in the NBA and that puts fans in the seats. It might not make much sense to us long time fans but having a star player draws the casuals in. It is what it is.
    Do fans even matter anymore with the uncertainty of the pandemic and when it will end? Why bother paying $35 mil for a fake star under these cir stances?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are in a ty position tbh. Giving a guy like DDR the Max (or near it) pretty much guarantees you’re not going to be a contender for the foreseeable future. But San Antonio simply does not attract free agents, so they may have no choice. LMA was an anomaly. He’s from here and wanted to be closer to his family. That ain’t happening again. Will be interesting to see what they do. I think even PATFO don’t really know what they’re going to do yet tbh. They’re strung along with it too I’d imagine.
    With this team, it pretty much guarantees you won’t be in the playoffs for the near future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a 21/7/4 and just needs a closer beside him to shoulder some, not like Aldridge was one. If for some miracle we got a KAT without gutting our young, why not?
    It's hilarious that some ppl still view having certain stats equate to u being a good player...his style of play is bad...he cannot play off ball...that reduces the rate of growth for young players...he also is horrible on defense and has shown HIS ENTIRE CAREER that he isn't a winner...and we wanna pay this guy at the age he is.. smfh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do fans even matter anymore with the uncertainty of the pandemic and when it will end? Why bother paying $35 mil for a fake star under these cir stances?
    As I said, it's the name recognition. And tbh I have a feeling fans will be allowed back in the stands at full capacity this upcoming season. But yeah, I agree with you that Demar is a scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should leave. It’s the best interest of both parties, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys past 30 never suddenly turn into better defenders, so it’s EXACTLY like that. He’s only once in his career
    Been a positive DBPM, and that was 0.1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol. Money talks bud. DeMar will likely go to the highest bidder.
    The Knicks will be in the playoffs this year, so it would be a step up for him. He also played in TOR for years, so it’s not like he’s unused to being far from home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed

Thread Information