San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-Years / 128m

1st year - Around 35m
    2nd year - Around 33m
    3rd year - Around 31m
    4th year - Around 29m

Hope both parties agree.
    Spurs have another FA window in two years. That’s how long they want to pay him.

Believe.
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Take a look at the contracts that guys that produce like him get, he will surely get more than that. Probably something like:

Year 1 - 38M
    Year 2 - 40M
    Year 3 - 42M
    Year 4 - 44M
    Year 5 - 45M player option.

He already took a discount on his first extension with the raps, he will NOT be taking another discount.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright has entered the chat! His first big move signing DDR to a franchise crippling 4yr deal just to buy him out in year 3

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

Truly some psycho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no deal unless it is the max contract that he deserves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take a look at the contracts that guys that produce like him get, he will surely get more than that. Probably something like:

Year 1 - 38M
    Year 2 - 40M
    Year 3 - 42M
    Year 4 - 44M
    Year 5 - 45M player option.

He already took a discount on his first extension with the raps, he will NOT be taking another discount.
    No one is giving him that contract other than the spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That's what it'll take for the Spurs to keep him. This is is last big contract. In a world were guys like John Wall, Pascal Siakam, Tobias Harris, Kemba Walker, Khris Middleton, Gordon Hayward, e.t.c will all be getting 35 Mil and up...You can bet Demar's agent will be bringing that into the negotiation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He deserves that contract.

Spurs don't need give it to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR’s price tag for a B or C tier franchise (which the Spurs are) is around what Hayward got last off season and probably what we will have to throw at him to retain him; 4yrs, 30mm/yr. Keep in mind few teams can actually pay him that outright this offseason. If he wants to win he will likely have to work with the Spurs on a sign and trade and I doubt any real contender will pay him more than 3yrs 25mm/yr in that situation unless the Spurs are taking some real garbage back (which is a possibility).

For me I only want to see DDR back as a Spur on a team friendly deal that is 3yrs or less in the 20-25mm range and even than I’d be hesitant to do that unless we address other needs first. As exstatic pointed out this team really should be looking at 2yr deals with all this cap space. When we inevitably draft a player in the 10-15th spot who is unlikely to contribute immediately, strike out in a limited free agency class i’d prefer to just let the majority of the cap space go unused over long term deals that barely keep us in playoff contention.

I suspect there are going to be alot of disappointed Spurs fans this offseason. Despite our cap situation and a decent young core this team is unlikely to make a splash anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks might. They’re tired of being the ugly girl at the dance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He deserves that contract.

Spurs don't need give it to him.
    This. I think they made him a generous offer...for two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what it'll take for the Spurs to keep him. This is is last big contract. In a world were guys like John Wall, Pascal Siakam, Tobias Harris, Kemba Walker, Khris Middleton, Gordon Hayward, e.t.c will all be getting 35 Mil and up...You can bet Demar's agent will be bringing that into the negotiation.
    Just because they’re willing to jump off a cliff, and pay beta players the MAX, we should, too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they'd offer 2 years, $60 million. DeRozan, isn't likely to take that so he's likely to bounce. If they go beyond 2 years, then they'd likely be a tax paying team.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyRaptor War

78th 2.7 WAR OG Anunoby, Deandre Ayton, DeMar DeRozan
    +3.8 Offense, -3.1 Defense, +0.7 net, playing time bumps DeRozan up to 2.7 WAR.

78th in 2020-21 Salary
    $15,000,000 Dāvis Bertāns

FiveThirtyEight 2020 Preseason Market Value
    2021 $5.3M
    2022 $3.6M
    2023 $2.8M
    2024 $1.6M
    2025 $1.1M
    2026 $0.6M
    2027 $0.3M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are like 4-16 in the last 20 games or something and that net negative loser is leading the way JFC when are you gonna get it that he’s a career loser?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-Years / 128m

1st year - Around 35m
    2nd year - Around 33m
    3rd year - Around 31m
    4th year - Around 29m

Hope both parties agree.
    I hope he'll take a 4 years contract like that, depending who Spurs bring in from FA that could help get to the next level. The young core also really need to step up from here and then to show that they can compete hard, which I think they could once Pop don't have Rudy/Mills to lean on so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he'll take a 4 years contract like that, depending who Spurs bring in from FA that could help get to the next level. The young core also really need to step up from here and then to show that they can compete hard, which I think they could once Pop don't have Rudy/Mills to lean on so much.
    You really want four more years of this? I’d personally rather throw the keys to the kids to see what they’ve got. If they can’t hack it, you reset in 2023 with a FA more in tune with today’s game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really want four more years of this? I’d personally rather throw the keys to the kids to see what they’ve got. If they can’t hack it, you reset in 2023 with a FA more in tune with today’s game.
    He's a 21/7/4 and just needs a closer beside him to shoulder some, not like Aldridge was one. If for some miracle we got a KAT without gutting our young, why not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread is an act of terrorism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a 21/7/4 and just needs a closer beside him to shoulder some, not like Aldridge was one. If for some miracle we got a KAT without gutting our young, why not?
    Because that’s an impossible scenario. Getting KAT WILL gut our youngsters, AND future picks. They’ll want 3 of them, and likely 3 first rounders on top. Have you not paid attention to the big trades over the last couple of years? That also leaves you with a terrible perimeter defender in DD, and a terrible paint and rim defender in KAT, and you’ve probably shipped out every good perimeter defender on the roster, and the picks needed to develop replacements. This is just not happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because that’s an impossible scenario. Getting KAT WILL gut our youngsters, AND future picks. They’ll want 3 of them, and likely 3 first rounders on top. Have you not paid attention to the big trades over the last couple of years? That also leaves you with a terrible perimeter defender in DD, and a terrible paint and rim defender in KAT, and you’ve probably shipped out every good perimeter defender on the roster, and the picks needed to develop replacements. This is just not happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to start thinking of more than just scoring. Pairing DD and KAT would be a disaster of biblical proportions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's too bad he can be a turnstile on defense because he's a solid offensive player. He's what...4th or 5th in clutch points in the league? I have a hard time wanting to give a guy max money who hasn't proven he can help a team win. Spurs might drop to a 25 win team without him, but, maybe not.

I don't see him wanting to sign here for 2 years. No upside in that for him. This summer's deal will likely be his last big contract. He's got to push it to 4 or 5 seasons.

Thread Information