Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was that sentence he wrote about the Nets wanting him for him where the game is changing so much, “you asked me to come and just do what I do” a shot at the Spurs since they kind of wanted him to shoot more threes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy retirement tbh.

Glad that Brian Wrong finally fell ass backwards into a good decision

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was that sentence he wrote about the Nets wanting him for him where the game is changing so much, “you asked me to come and just do what I do” a shot at the Spurs since they kind of wanted him to shoot more threes?
    Of course it was. His normal game here was detrimental to having the young guys develop. He slowed the game down like crazy, took too much time off the clock, and overall was a black hole on offense once he couldn't hit those shots efficiently anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Portland. Thanks Brooklyn.

Crickets.

Must suck to be an illiterate got.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man it sucks when athletes have to retire over irregular heart beats. But I will forever remember Reggie Lewis dying when he tried to play with a heart condition. Not worth it. I hoped that LMA would get a le in NJ, I guess he still gets one even though he retired. Best of luck to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Should’ve retired a Spur tbh. Thanks for the all the years LMA. Happy Retirement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it was. His normal game here was detrimental to having the young guys develop. He slowed the game down like crazy, took too much time off the clock, and overall was a black hole on offense once he couldn't hit those shots efficiently anymore.
    The Spurs offense is still slow as molasses and takes too much time off the clock to run any offense starting to think it wasnt just an LMA isssue tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs offense is still slow as molasses and takes too much time off the clock to run any offense starting to think it wasnt just an LMA isssue tbh
    DeMar is obviously the other issue lmao but it is faster without LMA in it, even just a little bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone even know he had heart arrhythmia before today?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    having heart issues myself I can only say take care of yourself LMA ...
    yes, I too have an irregular heartbeat that was discovered in my 30s, so I feel bad for the guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon man, he said "I want to thank the Spurs for letting me into the family and giving me 5 fun years"
    Paragraph about Portland. One sentence about SA. Paragraph about Brooklyn, where he’s been for a few days.

He was really nothing more that RJ, part 2. Massive talent, shackled by lack of guts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was well do ented in his earlier years as a Spur. He missed time going into the playoffs a few years back due to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He missed time, both in POR and SA with the issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Telling is that his whole career he was an excellent one on one but could be neutralized by double team cause he could not or was too stupid to figure out how to make the defense pay. Worst passing good big man maybe ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad LMA got out with his health intact. Congrats on a Hall of Fame career

From a Spurs angle, the end of the LMA era ended about as cleanly as possible. He had a few veiled comments on his way out the door but mostly kept the Spurs in a positive light. Even those comments are primarily based on stubborn confidence in his own game and not really meant as shots at the organization The biggest FA signing in franchise history leaving with a smile on his face was important. If LMA's departure had been messy, the chances of the Spurs ever landing another max free agent would have taken a hit.

LMA giving back that money when he didn't need to should help cement his San Antonio legacy. I know the spoiled Spurs fans view everything as championship-or-bust nowadays but LMA did his part, lived up to expectations and helped extend the winning culture he inherited. He did everything he could and I'm still happy he decided to sign with the Spurs.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the 5 years, LMA. May your health improve. Enjoy retirement!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of thought so. Maybe I am reading too much into that one sentence, but it could be a shot at the Spurs. Oh well. Wish him good health and appreciate what he did for the Spurs. Seems like a good guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next stop: Springfield.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon man, he said "I want to thank the Spurs for letting me into the family and giving me 5 fun years"
    Yeah, he did a nice job with his statement I thought. And he thanked the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Portland. Thanks Brooklyn.

Crickets.

Spurs were mentioned, homie.

No need to be bitter when his heart issue is ending things prematurely for him. I was disappointed about how he left, but knew it was inevitable and I'm sad he has to retire early because of his heart issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From a Spurs angle, the end of the LMA era ended about as cleanly as possible. He had a few veiled comments on his way out the door but mostly kept the Spurs in a positive light. Even those comments are primarily based on stubborn confidence in his own game and not really meant as shots at the organization The biggest FA signing in franchise history leaving with a smile on his face was important. If LMA's departure had been messy, the chances of the Spurs ever landing another max free agent would have taken a hit.

LMA giving back that money when he didn't need to should help cement his San Antonio legacy. I know the spoiled Spurs fans view everything as championship-or-bust nowadays but LMA did his part, lived up to expectations and helped extend the winning culture he inherited. He did everything he could and I'm still happy he decided to sign with the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I felt he gave the Spurs the two best years of his career in '17-'19. In '15-'17 he helped the Spurs become juggernaut team with them having back to back 60 plus win seasons which is rare in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well said. If anything, the Nephew episode put a spanner in what could have been good works. People forget the Spurs won 67 games in 2016-17 and were a legit threat before Zaza did his thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take care LMA, one of the good guys.

Thread Information