Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18 games left.
    Winnable games:

4/22 vs Detroit (2nd of b2b at home)

They could finish 1-17 which would be 27-45 final record.
    Unfortunately, 45 losses would still be around 9th worst record in the league.

This is beginning to look like a total waste of a season. No playoffs, no development on Vassell/Samanic, and barely a top 10 pick.
    #9 pick has a 23.1% shot at at top 4 pick. Not bad. Those top 4 odds really jump up from the #10 spot to the #9.

I think we will squeak out just enough wins to keep us out of the top 10 lotto spots, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, they’re not losing 17 of 18. Outside a handful of games, they have been right there at the end with a good chance to win most of the season. If it wasn’t for terrible coaching and choking vets, there would be atleast a handful more wins right now. pop would have to coach even worse than he has already for this team to lose that many games (which would be down right mad scientist ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The play where Lonnie turned it over-i cannot remember except DDR kicked it to Lonnie late in the clock. Did DDR dribble dribble dribble looking for a hero shot and then cough it up with 4 seconds on the clock? I honestly do not remember

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it wasn't for a series of Unfortunate [planned or unplanned] events, Spurs would easily be around 35-19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The play where Lonnie turned it over-i cannot remember except DDR kicked it to Lonnie late in the clock. Did DDR dribble dribble dribble looking for a hero shot and then cough it up with 4 seconds on the clock? I honestly do not remember
    Yes, DeRozan got stuck in his repeatable pump fake glitch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since he doesn’t have a three point shot and is a very easy person to defend, he dribbled towards the midrange spot, picked up the ball with his defender draped all over him, pumped fake the ball like a million times and then passed it out to Lonnie with the shot clock running out. It’s the DeMar special and that scenario has happened countless of times he’s been here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we have seen it so many times before. So predictable
    Lonnie did make a poor decision though

You see that is the problem. DDR dominates the rock that the young ones tune out.
    Its not team/winning hoops

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR actually hit a bunch of clutch shots in the last 3 min. But this is a great loss. Hard fought close loss. Maybe we only get a 9 or 10 pick. Well that’s better than a pick in the 20s and a first round exit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it wasn't for a series of Unfortunate [planned or unplanned] events, Spurs would easily be around 35-19.
    Gay, Mills and this season DDR, are keeping Spurs in games then they fail to close them out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so at the crucial moment what happened?
    Twice?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad that Demar gets the blame when all the young guys the bed. Dude carries the whole team in a compe ive game and gets on for it. Youth need to step the up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facepalm.

Missed whole game, reading up now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing to the lillardless blazers

Poodle woulda missed both gimmies anyway. Poor spurs
    it was funny how he was asking for a foul as if he would make the FT’s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad that Demar gets the blame when all the young guys the bed. Dude carries the whole team in a compe ive game and gets on for it. Youth need to step the up
    I'm just a boxscore Betty tonight but
    73-59 Spurs lead.
    Patty Mills Popped into the game.
    About 2 missed chucks and read Portland went on a trey rampage. That Patty perimeter D showing that usual culture and championship experience?
    86-83 end of 3rd qtr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quick look through the box scores of other games in the NBA tonight shows every team taking more three pointers than the Spurs. DeRozan dominating the ball and getting the most minutes on the floor is a recipe for disaster, plain and simple. It's a 1996 strategy for a 2021 game. Opposing coaches look at this team and think, "Oh, you're going to play your No 3/No D guy more than anyone else? Cool."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quick look through the box scores of other games in the NBA tonight shows every team taking more three pointers than the Spurs. DeRozan dominating the ball and getting the most minutes on the floor is a recipe for disaster, plain and simple. It's a 1996 strategy for a 2021 game. Opposing coaches look at this team and think, "Oh, you're going to play your No 3/No D guy more than anyone else? Cool."
    Lol @ No 3/No D.

I think my favorite DeRozan moniker to date from this forum.
    Actually it's not really funny, more like sad and depressing. Especially if the DeRozan Show returns for 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So true. We are such an easy team to game plan against.
    We will happily trade mid range 2s for other teams 3s.

No team fears us. No lead is safe. One hot spurt will put you right back in the game.

DDR froze others out in the endgame as he kept thinking he was due for a foul call that never came.
    If others don’t touch the ball for 3 minutes at a time, it always leads to the same result ie. puckered a-holes as
    the players have to shoot/make a play at the end of the clock.

Seen too many Ls like this over the last 3 odd years.

#isorip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the aim was lottery pick, why not aim higher and start the tank earlier, instead they are happy with a top10 at the lower end of the spectrum spot...fck pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate the way the NBA game is played now. Pinballing the rock looking for a three pointer ALL THE TIME is boring to me. Big men are now obsolete. Defense is a dirty word.

Having DeRozan as your #1 guy is not good enough. I would prefer to move on from him given the future contract situation - Demar he is what he is. If a magic wand was waved and and a top five player (Gianis A type) dropped in our laps the team could actually be really good but it does not work that way.

If a healthy Nephew showed up in the fall next year with this same team and he played 70 games the team would be in the upper half of the Western Conference. playoff teams. Not that that is happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no they wouldn’t. I literally predicted the entire game. This is what the team does. Rudy and Patty make sure the lead goes away, then it goes down to the wire and spurs turn it over. Then Flopovich calls a DeRozan iso and then he bricks it. Totally predictable and with this team being 29th in 3-point shooting it’s actually a miracle that they have won 25 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 2nd rounder for Rudy is looking really good right now. Would have helped Rudy out by putting him on a contender.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng was available but didn't play. Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay, Mills and this season DDR, are keeping Spurs in games then they fail to close them out.
    All while slowing the growth of our youth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game thread page numbers are 10, 8 and 5. Lack of interest in the team is apparent.
    Now who is most responsible for that: greggy poop.

Thread Information