Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand this team's fascination with Walker.
    The team couldn't win games without him though. Honestly, we just have a team full of players not good enough to put any team over the top. All 3rd-4th options at best on a contending team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are 4-12 in the last 16 games. They might even make it to 12th if they keep this up
    I still think we have a decent shot of getting the 9th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    18 games left.
    Winnable games:

4/22 vs Detroit (2nd of b2b at home)

They could finish 1-17 which would be 27-45 final record.
    Unfortunately, 45 losses would still be around 9th worst record in the league.

This is beginning to look like a total waste of a season. No playoffs, no development on Vassell/Samanic, and barely a top 10 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Games like this is why I always roll my eyes at "You need Patty for the lockerroom, you can't trade him" nonsense by some posters. That only works if you have a good team along with it.
    Half-agree there. It's not that you can't have glue guys like Patty unless your team is already good/compe ive........ You just have to limit their roles to be just that - glue guy/energy guy/bench scorer. The moment you pull a Pop and start trying to close out every single game with your glue-locker room guy, you'll obviously start seeing predictable losses and all the we've been seeing.

Patty on a 10m per game, strictly shooting guard, non-ballhandling role, wouldn't be too bad, might be a positive even. Now giving him 20+m, relying on him to make volume 3pt shots because the rest of your team can't shoot, and closing out games with both he and the other defensive liability vet in Rudy Gay? Yeah, ain't gonna work...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    make the games compe ive, but let DeRozen, Gay, and Mills keep chucking bricks to close out the losses. Get as high of a pick as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are 4-12 in the last 16 games. They might even make it to 12th if they keep this up
    And Pop doesn’t make any change or adjustments and I hate to say this but Pop’s head is stuck on Trump’s ass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet the Pelicans keep losing
    Yeah, they gave that game away to the Wizards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol the "Duncan wouldn't have won without Pop" narrative by dumbass casual fans. No need to look further than Pop's coaching the last few years to see how stupid that statement is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank is alive and well!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol the "Duncan wouldn't have won without Pop" narrative by dumbass casual fans. No need to look further than Pop's coaching the last few years to see how stupid that statement is.
    Tim and Manu were the brain of this team and they didn’t beat themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good loss
    Keep it up
    Need the best pick we can get

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim and Manu were the brain of this team and they didn’t beat themselves.
    And heart...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should’ve traded Kawhi for 1st round draft picks AND tanked for 2 consecutive years to get top 5 picks. But nope...... we got Greg Popoviched!!!!
    Not trading Kawhi for young players and draft picks was the single thing our front office did that sat us on this treadmill path...

Had we done that we would be year 3 into a team with at least one top 5 pick to try and build around... and most likely two after earning one ourselves from being so bad.

Just beyond idiotic and this lone mistake makes me wonder if Pop and our front office were every really that smart to start with...

If I had to pick easiest team to manage I would pick, team with 3 HOF and all you have to do is build around the fringes of your core, which is all the spurs front office did for nearly two decades...

But as soon as this front office didn't have 3 all time greats to build around they got really bad really fast...

After Derozan leaves we would have traded Kawhi for Poeltl and Keldon...

Presti got way more for PG and Westbrook...two guys who are significantly worse basketball players than Kawhi...

Just an all time woat level front office move in the history of the nba...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good loss
    Keep it up
    Need the best pick we can get
    Why? So he can rot on the bench or go to Austin? No draft pick wants to come to SA anymore. Vassell, Luka, and Tre are all warming the bench while Haliburton is getting rookie of the month awards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. The Brady / Belichick question has been answered- it was Brady. The Pop / Duncan question has been answered, too. It was Duncan.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Pop doesn’t make any change or adjustments and I hate to say this but Pop’s head is stuck on Trump’s ass.
    Well there is no adjustment to make. He is determined to play veteran players over everything else and all of our veterans have fatal flaws that teams easily exploit which is why this team can't consistently win. The adjustment would be to give Patty and Rudy short hooks for when they play like trash, which is more often than not, but we both know Pop would rather loose with Rudy and Patty than win with Devin and Luka, so that's not happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any person with more than 2 brain cells knows it was Duncan + Robinson + Avery + Elliott and then Ginobili + Parker + Duncan that carried Poop’s ass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well hope this is a good learning year for Pop he needs to ing take some good notes I know he can't coach us to Win but God Dammit Old Man get us a top 5 pick next year for Christ Sake!!!!!!

#1 Draft Pick 2022 San Antonio Spurs select Chet Holmgren 7.0 = Poku 2.0.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We went from Tim, Manu or kawhi to Rudy ing Gay. Man!! What the happened to the spurs front office?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We went from Tim, Manu or kawhi to Rudy ing Gay. Man!! What the happened to the spurs front office?
    Now we all know who really ran the show. Coach Bud left, Udoka left, Messina left, Sean Marks left, Chad Forcier left, Brett Brown... and everything went downhill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we all know who really ran the show. Coach Bud left, Udoka left, Messina left, Sean Marks left, Chad Forcier left, Brett Brown... and everything went downhill.
    is really bad when the Dieng signing is the best move the Spurs made in the last few years.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    make the games compe ive, but let DeRozen, Gay, and Mills keep chucking bricks to close out the losses. Get as high of a pick as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is really bad when the Dieng signing is the best move the Spurs made in the last few years.
    That was Dieng’s biggest mistake of his life and he’s not even playing

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    What's up with Pop's hair? It's rather sexy (no ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is pop giving Derozan all these closing moments hoping he re signs? Why else would he continue to draw up plays just to get him in iso to close a game knowing he is going to choke

Thread Information