Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys, site owner just gave Patty an F.

I believe that is a first.

Sigh, another loss that could have very likely been a W.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was quick work! Thanks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks timvp. Can they still make the playoffs?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet, somehow, that grade still seems too high.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the write up of another dissapointment.
    If POP wants more production from his bench, he might want to give a DNP- Rest to GAY and Mills. Pop shortened the bench and gave them more minutes, and they have been less productive. Sit them for a game or 2 and let's dee Vassell again, throw in some Samanic, and KBD.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the write up of another dissapointment.
    If POP wants more production from his bench, he might want to give a DNP- Rest to GAY and Mills. Pop shortened the bench and gave them more minutes, and they have been less productive. Sit them for a game or 2 and let's dee Vassell again, throw in some Samanic, and KBD.
    COMPLETELY AGREE

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - We are losing games just for playing both Gay and Mills. My eys tell that whenever they are on the floor together, we give up a run or easy shots.

- Pop should play GAY and Mills less than 15minutes per game. We will accomplish a lot more if we let the youth core make the mistakes instead of the "Bad Vets"

- Pop has been a bad coach for us. He deserves an D- for not giving up on what he is doing considerably wrong. We have lost multiple games just by his rotations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A for tanking, depends on the perspective

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty deserves an A+ for his tank commanding effort tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep playing Mills and Gay. Anything to make this team fall more into the lottery. I get some people don’t want them to “tank” but wtf are they even accomplishing right now by Pop playing the lineups he does? Just to desperately try to make the playoffs while not being talented enough to be deserving of it in the first place.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see pop go with Lonnie in the 4th. How else are these kids supposed to learn. There's been many games this season where he hasnt seen the court in the final term even after playing well. Experience is the key here and they learn from their mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really baffling how we aren't playing our youth... Pop deserves zero credit for any development of our young players, tbh... Most of them would have been further along in the hands of another coach... Playing with Duncan is what developed those other stars like Ginobili, Kawhi and Parker (with help from the assistant coaches)... Young Pop deserved credit for playing manu and Parker from day 1, sure... But that was 20 years ago... Every other young player he has played has been because his hand was forced... And when the players show they actually have some talent, slippers think it's because of some master plan... If Pop had Jokic, he probably would have been on the level of Eubanks... He definitely wouldn't have been given the time or freedom to grow his game... under another coach, Walker may have been a other star already... But now we look at him like an inconsistent project... He displays rookie tendencies because he was never treated otherwise... Now he has ptsd

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really baffling how we aren't playing our youth... Pop deserves zero credit for any development of our young players, tbh... Most of them would have been further along in the hands of another coach... Playing with Duncan is what developed those other stars like Ginobili, Kawhi and Parker (with help from the assistant coaches)... Young Pop deserved credit for playing manu and Parker from day 1, sure... But that was 20 years ago... Every other young player he has played has been because his hand was forced... And when the players show they actually have some talent, slippers think it's because of some master plan... If Pop had Jokic, he probably would have been on the level of Eubanks... He definitely wouldn't have been given the time or freedom to grow his game... under another coach, Walker may have been a other star already... But now we look at him like an inconsistent project... He displays rookie tendencies because he was never treated otherwise... Now he has ptsd
    Keep in mind , the guy that helps their development also signs off on their checks as president of basketball operations for future contracts. They are positions that needs to be different people.

The Drob/ TD era the spurs could get away with it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just another day in the office.
    Stereotypical Spurs game.

Until Devin and Luka are important rotation members, I hope we don't win a single game.
    22 minutes for useless Patty, that. Especially when he shares the floor with Rudy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. I thought they were in good shape with a nine point heading to the fourth. This team is what it is - capable of beating a good team when locked in but also losing to short handed teams without their best player.

The team has a tough decision or three going into next year with Gay Mills and DeRozan being FAs. I don't see the Spurs letting all three go. However, diminishing returns kick in at some point. Guys on the other side of 30 (especially guards) can sometimes fall off the cliff.

Since this is a team that is a borderline playoff contender as constructed, I would only keep one of the three. The least expensive contract to the guy happy to be a 15 minute to 20 minute type player would be the best long term thing.

DeRozan has fuel in the tank - RIGHT NOW. Unfortunately, he is just good enough to keep the overall team in a the below average state it is in today. I don't want to see what I'm seeing today for the next 3-4 years. Rip the band aid off and go with young guys in all cases.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 04-17-2021 at 05:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just another day in the office.
    Stereotypical Spurs game.

Until Devin and Luka are important rotation members, I hope we don't win a single game.
    22 minutes for useless Patty, that. Especially when he shares the floor with Rudy.

Don't all the Guys in the Glory tank die except one. HMMM. Very interesting. Jakob should live. I like that guy. The rest. Meh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills post allstar game has been atrocious. Under 10ppg under 40% shooting. Still getting the same minutes. Gay 2point shooting is slipping. Its close to 40%. Two seasons ago, it was 50%. His 3 point shooting remains good at 38%. You want to know what the issue is with our bench?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Mills and more so Gay will hold up well when (if?) there are 82 game seasons again and they have to play 20-25 minutes. They can stay and be a little further down the bench guys at a cheaper rate but they probably want one more big or moderately big deal. No thanks.

Mills is a guy that I might want to keep around the team. He is a really good guy who was there for all of the great basketball played here from 2012 to 2017. He can be a good player several more seasons at the correct usage rate.

DeRozan will want a bunch of money and considers himself the Alpha, but many of the good things he brings are cancelled out by his inability on the defensive end - his offensive game suffers without the long ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean Elliott gets an F. Never seen him blow a call like the last possession. He obviously didn’t know either the score or the time remaining. We were only 1 down, and he was almost yelling for them to shoot as soon as the ball was inbounded, asking loudly what they were waiting for...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Mills and more so Gay will hold up well when (if?) there are 82 game seasons again and they have to play 20-25 minutes. They can stay and be a little further down the bench guys at a cheaper rate but they probably want one more big or moderately big deal. No thanks.

Mills is a guy that I might want to keep around the team. He is a really good guy who was there for all of the great basketball played here from 2012 to 2017. He can be a good player several more seasons at the correct usage rate.

DeRozan will want a bunch of money and considers himself the Alpha, but many of the good things he brings are cancelled out by his inability on the defensive end - his offensive game suffers without the long ball.
    It seems like Patty’s legs are gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people surprised and disappointed? This team is on the same level the Houston Rockets are on. 25% winning percentage in the last 16 games. I‘m curious to see if they can drop to 12th

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We usually have a strong bench, second half was it was not the case. Silver lining is our starting unit is a net positive for the first time in a while, i think ever since the Demar trade. Mills is struggling usually meant the bench struggles. Devin seems to hit the rookie wall, performance is gradually declining. We have to rebuild the bench next year but I think the starting unit has potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Potential to get a lottery pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All three have to go or the off season is a complete failure. Mills is a end of the bench player now. He’s too small and too bad a playmaker to be even a back up point in this league, baffles me how Pop can’t see that. Gay is a long bench player on a championship team, has no business being on a young team. I like Derozan but there’s too many flaws in his game and he takes away too much from the younger players. This 4th quarter iso Derozan is just terrible to watch. We all know what’s going to happen but apparently Pop doesn’t see it. True def of insanity, doing the same over and over and expecting a different results.

Thread Information