My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Site owner graded today "Defensively, Gay’s lack of mobility hurt the Spurs at times" and i believe he has mentioned that numerous times in the Grades.
    We've probably all seen with our own eyes that yes, Rudy just seems to be missing a step on many defensive positions.

Is it a given that Rudy's previous Achilles and other injuries have simply rendered him unable to do certain twists and turns with any kind of speed -if at all?

I am not a Rudy hater, at all. Link:
    Would Rudy Gay careerwise be a multiple years legit All Star sans injuries? (spurstalk.com)

But why is Rudy given so many minutes, including in crunch time if he simply cannot D up due to previous injuries?
    Is it because of the New York Morris jellyfish move / letting Bertie go because of the Morris lie that we are left with no choice but Rudy as a scoring SF/PF?
    Or is it just further collapse of PATFO 2015 - present? (Drafting gems continues to be A++ given position.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy never was much of a defender even when young and pre-Achilles as I recall. He does seem to be trying these days, but he's stuck in cement shoes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember GS’s death lineup? Death for other teams?

Well, our death lineup is Gay, Patty, DeMar, and any two other players Death to us, defensively. There is no double digit lead that is safe with them on the floor.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn+Marco > Patty+Rudy, tbh.

At least those two didn't try to dribble the ball too much, everything else is more or less the sane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not that mobile, but he’s just playing lazy out there on D. It’s mostly that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I legit think at this point Pop doesn't give a about the season and is giving so many mins to Gay so he can secure another contract next year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wondered why Rudy was getting so many minutes as well numerous times and finally came up to the conclusion that it has to be the MONEY! The team is paying him and Patty 2 of the highest salaries on the team this year. It has to be the money right? If not, Luka should be getting those minutes because he's a quicker, faster player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wondered why Rudy was getting so many minutes as well numerous times and finally came up to the conclusion that it has to be the MONEY! The team is paying him and Patty 2 of the highest salaries on the team this year. It has to be the money right? If not, Luka should be getting those minutes because he's a quicker, faster player.
    Luka raises our ceiling.... as much as he needs the playing time right now it might be better to sit him and play Rudy to get a higher pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I legit think at this point Pop doesn't give a about the season and is giving so many mins to Gay so he can secure another contract next year
    I believe this too. Pop values personal relationships above the performance of the team. He did that for Bryn. He is doing to now for Rudy. Patty too and his treatment/management of DDR is reflective of this too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said it in the Denver series that we should get rid of him bc of his lack of mobility. The dude couldn’t drive past Mason Plumlee. A slow flat footed back up center. Instead we signed him to a 29 million dollar deal. SMH

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best compliment our sports program gets is that our basketball team is really gay.

-Dean Pelton

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe this too. Pop values personal relationships above the performance of the team. He did that for Bryn. He is doing to now for Rudy. Patty too and his treatment/management of DDR is reflective of this too.
    Pretty much. It’s important, for sure. And some of our young players might be a little crazy and we don’t fully see that, but he can’t realize we are a rebuilding team and adjust. I know, hot take.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, might just be because he is our second best three point shooter in a moreyball nba.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its lazyness and his lack of Defensive Iq at times. Don't forget he was one of the our best defender's during the first half. He might not have elite mobility but he has enough to be an ok defender.

second, he's onme of our best 3 pt shooters, and we need 3pt shooters to give us spacing.

Thread Information