Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Patty being resigned at a lower rate with a smaller role. I think the organization views him as a "team' guy and a connection to the old days. Some other team may outbid the Spurs, but I'd be surprised if they don't offer something to Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overall, I see many of your points. But I disagree with your assessment of “star by committee”. We have a star. DDR. Unfortunately, he doesn’t contribute to winning basketball overall. The Phoenix game was perhaps the only game all year of “star by committee” (assuming I understand the term correctly), so it’s difficult to be tired of it when we’ve never seen it.

Was the Phoenix game without 3 of our established players a Bubble-esque mirage? Probably. But the young players had good chemistry. Unsustainable outside shooting will do that, but I want to see more of this lineup. Luka didn’t even do anything. Curious to see what more time will do with this latest rotation.

But honestly, the person that I felt like wasn’t really missed that much was actually Yak. Dieng and Eubanks were serviceable and offered a nice complement to each other.
    We won the Phoenix game because we allowed 85 points. We didn’t need to shoot nearly as well as we did. That’s what getting rid of DeRozan gets you. Offload one or both of the other old timers, and we’ll be a defensive force. I love that full court zone trap we’ve been throwing at teams this year.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres people that want these two back?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won the Phoenix game because we allowed 85 points. We didn’t need to shoot nearly as well as we did. That’s what getting rid of DeRozan gets you. Offload one or both of the other old timers, and we’ll be a defensive force. I love that full court zone trap we’ve been throwing at teams this year.
    Solid points. A defensive minded team may not always get blowouts but will be way more compe ive.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres people that want these two back?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright hasn't made a move yet that shows much competency managing assets with a forward-thinking view and navigating the trade market.

Any idiot in the world could have looked at our roster this past offseason and known that we aren't going to be re-signing all four of LMA, DeMar, Rudy, and Patty. A good GM figures out which guy(s) aren't in their future plans ahead of time and then moves them to a contender for future assets.

Not to mention the absolute show of giving Bertans away for literally nothing--who, while not a perfect player, had a great year offering the one thing this team sorely needs (3pt shooting) and then got an enormous contract from the team we gave him to for free. All to be able to sign DeMarre Carroll, who was then bought out. Great stuff tbh.
    Wright is more than likely a mere figurehead, who does the day to day leg work, but it's probably naive to think he has final say on the monumental decisions.

If he had the autonomy to do what needs to be done, I suspect he would have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVPatty is good enough.
    Are you Pops profile?
    Or just an unfunny troll?

You of the "6th Man of the Year" Patty thread also.

Thread Information