Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ball isn't sticking as much, they're sharing the ball much better, and the defense looks magnitudes better...

We need to go for a legit big like John Collins in the offseason... maybe trade up for Evan Mobley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is trading away an opportunity to draft Mobley (or Cade). No one. Not unless you're giving that team Giannis or Doncic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is trading away an opportunity to draft Mobley (or Cade). No one. Not unless you're giving that team Giannis or Doncic.
    Welp... well if we miss the playoffs, I won't feel too bad then.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp... well if we miss the playoffs, I won't feel too bad then.
    Even if we miss the playoffs, we'll have almost no chance to draft Mobley/Cade either because we already won too many games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Pop can take losing his pet, Mills. Demar is gone though regardless.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He keeps playing like this, Luka Samanic will go right with them. Need John Collins ASAP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if we miss the playoffs, we'll have almost no chance to draft Mobley/Cade either because we already won too many games.
    that’s because Brian Wright and PATFO either couldn’t, or didn’t want to, see what literally any casual fan could see before this season even started. That in no universe whatsoever is the ceiling anything other than an early playoff exit.

Somehow the franchise goal has shifted from “win it all” to “make the playoffs.” Started with the worthless haul we got in the Kawhi trade and has dictated almost every FO and coaching move since.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not a chance. They're here to stay as long as Pop is around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol 00:01 100/3 and 45/3

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Pop can take losing his pet, Mills. Demar is gone though regardless.
    That's the scary thing. Spurs have so much cap space this summer they'll retain Mills no matter how much he demands. That video of him among the front office members when Murray signed his extension depressed me because it confirmed that Fatty was going to be here until retirement. They value Patty like he's a member of the organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know zit face will trot DDR and Patty out next game.
    It obvious to any reasonable spurs keyboard warrior that DDR is the problem. He destroys the rhythm of the game.
    Everyone stands around waiting for him to do something. Instead like tonight-the whole team was engaged.
    It was really beautiful seeing Keldon and Vassel and others Drew take it upon themselves to be a difference instead of ceding to DDR BS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately not. They are still going to lose games even if they would sit the rest of the season. The rest of the schedule is still pretty brutal and I'm pretty sure the Suns are going to be absolutely pissed the next two times we play them to end the season. I don't think what happened tonight changes anything outside of Vessell probably getting his minutes back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know they will lose running DDR out there.
    Play the youngsters-maybe they do lose-maybe not-they sure looked good tonight.
    Some say Suns laid an egg and maybe so but it looked like Spurs young athletes took it to them and TOOK it from them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not a chance. They're here to stay as long as Pop is around.
    Pop can go then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be so sure of that. I don't trust a man that gave a completely washed up Gasol $48 mullion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know zit face will trot DDR and Patty out next game.
    It obvious to any reasonable spurs keyboard warrior that DDR is the problem. He destroys the rhythm of the game.
    Everyone stands around waiting for him to do something. Instead like tonight-the whole team was engaged.
    It was really beautiful seeing Keldon and Vassel and others Drew take it upon themselves to be a difference instead of ceding to DDR BS.
    That's popovich's fault. He's turned this season into allowing Defrozen to show the league he's worthy of a max contract. That's simply what our 2020-21 season will be remembered as. Defrozen's contract year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am actually scarred what Pop is going to do after this season cause I just think he doesn’t give a about Spurs future he just wants to get the most wins as a coach and then he will leave. Which makes me wonder what ty contracts he is going to give out???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, let's say that DDR does move on this off season, and let's say they sign Lauri Markkannen. Well, I don't think he's at the point of his career where he can be relied on to consistently take over a game and be a closer that Pop relies on with DeRozan. Who on this current young team would take over that role? Murray? White or Keldon? Or will they sign some other unknown free agent vet with that attribute? Also, let's say that they do move on from DDR and retain Mills at a reduced role (cross our fingers!!!), the best move would be to have Jones' role increased, coming off the bench, as he is a true PG, with a better defensive upside, would be great for this team! And Pop needs to preach to Murray and this team to play with more offensive uptempo with more ball movement and passing on a consistent basis. Last night's game definitely showed that those who played, are capable of doing that and this can be a winning formula going forward next season, if DeRozan isn't with this team next year! GSG!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, let's say that DDR does move on this off season, and let's say they sign Lauri Markkannen. Well, I don't think he's at the point of his career where he can be relied on to consistently take over a game and be a closer that Pop relies on with DeRozan. Who on this current young team would take over that role? Murray? White or Keldon? Or will they sign some other unknown free agent vet with that attribute? Also, let's say that they do move on from DDR and retain Mills at a reduced role (cross our fingers!!!), the best move would be to have Jones' role increased, coming off the bench, as he is a true PG, with a better defensive upside, would be great for this team! And Pop needs to preach to Murray and this team to play with more offensive uptempo with more ball movement and passing on a consistent basis. Last night's game definitely showed that those who played, are capable of doing that and this can be a winning formula going forward next season, if DeRozan isn't with this team next year! GSG!!!
    If we miss playoff anyway. Having derozan as the go to scorer doesn't really change anything. Vs Lauri (or straight up no go to scorer). Cause his scores don't translate to wins anyway. No point "taking over" if we can't win enough to make playoff. So whether we make it or not will be an interesting factor.
    But regardless we shouldn't tie ourselves with ddr. We should find ways to move on from him. Hope we are able to pull some trades with our huge cap space. Whether it's getting a disgruntled star or getting picks by taking bad contracts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dd + mills + gay is holding this team back...u can add that wanker walker also, too inconsistent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly unsure what game you guys watched, but the ball certainly didn't move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Demar is gone by his own choice.

We’ll be stuck with 4 more years of Patty, and Pop completely over playing him I’m afraid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly unsure what game you guys watched, but the ball certainly didn't move.
    It wasn’t sticking to one player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy has to go or be regulated to 15 -18 mpg and not allowed to take more than 6 shot attempts per game. His defense and aggressiveness has all but been obsolete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn’t sticking to one player.
    Exactly. Compare the usage rates of the last two games.

Vs Portland:

DeRozan: 32.7%
    Murray: 24.1
    White: 16.8
    Johnson: 13.7
    Poetlt: 18.9

Against Phoenix:

Murray: 17.7%
    White: 25.3
    Johnson: 22.1
    Samanic: 21.6
    Eubanks: 11.3

Against Portland, two players hog nearly 57% of the usage, and White-- who might be the best decision maker on the team-- is relegated to 17%.
    Against Phoenix, the top two are at 47%, with White leading the way, and everyone getting more touches. A team with White controlling tempo a quarter of the time is better than a team where DeRozan controls the game a third of the time.

Thread Information