Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a right to use your roster at your discretion, if it's a player in a spurs jersey it's eligible for mins.

Stern and Silver for this bronze level bull . Just like back in 12 with that Heat game, last night was exciting basketball played by eligible players so what's the big deal?

We almost won that heat game and did win last night. The heat game was exciting objectively and last night was great for spurs fans and only the fault of the suns for being objectively boring for non spurs fans.

Where's Chris Paul's fine for being soft baby last night?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA knows we are winning when we’re resting DeRozan and Mills. They don’t want us in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the suns Owner Robert Sarver reported the spurs or something lol idk if y’all remember but a couple years back Pop rested the starters vs the suns and the suns owner announced during the game that fans were going to get refunded because that wasnt the game they paid to see lmao
    pop said the only thing surprising about sarver's antics is that he wasnt wearing a chicken suit while making the announcement

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fans should be able to fine the Spurs every time Patty runs up the court and fires up a rushed three pointer 6 seconds into the shot clock. Patty “tunnel vision” Mills.
    Not the Spurs, but Pop for playing him and Patty doing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA knows we are winning when we’re resting DeRozan and Mills. They don’t want us in the playoffs
    Is there a hidden policy where it states teams must play their highest paid players or else they will face a fine? Tbh, there's a lot about the league we don't know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Pops tbh. Was a statement game and planned all along by Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a right to use your roster at your discretion, if it's a player in a spurs jersey it's eligible for mins.

Stern and Silver for this bronze level bull . Just like back in 12 with that Heat game, last night was exciting basketball played by eligible players so what's the big deal?

We almost won that heat game and did win last night. The heat game was exciting objectively and last night was great for spurs fans and only the fault of the suns for being objectively boring for non spurs fans.

Where's Chris Paul's fine for being soft baby last night?
    100% this. Spurs played 12 of their 15 eligible players. And the Spurs won running away, so what the is the problem?

Do they really think that they hurt a lot of feelings because DeMar (ESPN's 82nd best player in the league, didn't even deserve an All-Star spot) didn't play? Or were they really lining up to see Patty Mills or Jakob Poeltl?

Meanwhile, teams like the Clippers, Sixers, and Nets are resting guys like it's naptime at a daycare center, and the NBA doesn't make a peep.

Honestly, Adam Silver can go shove that $25K up his ass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently you can rest players in home games only, without penalty. Which explains why Utah wasn't fined since they played @ LA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the Spurs incurring the same fine as the Raptors, who have shamelessly tanked for weeks, not even pretending to care about the play-in or stay consistent with their messaging on supposed injuries.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently you can rest players in home games only, without penalty. Which explains why Utah wasn't fined since they played @ LA.
    It does?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 games in 11 days. The NBA set up this ed up schedule and when the Spurs want some players to rest, they get fined for it. That's ed.
    They have to please China

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these rules during the pandemic are basically re ed. This fine. The blackouts. Probably still going by rules from the ABA merger for all I know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it because he did not inform the NBA in a timely manner?
    I think because they only listed as rest and not because specific injury.

D. DeRozanSF DNP-REST
    J. PoeltlC DNP-REST
    P. MillsPG DNP-REST
    TEAM 45-89 12-29 9-12 5 41 46 23 10 9 12 17 111
    50.6% 41.4% 75.0%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a more serious note, basically this is the league's reaction when Spurs win by 25+

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam silver should be fined the way he let the NBA become a joke of a league. Lol aids looking got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam Silver is running a joke of an NBA. Let’s his star players do whatever they want. Nobody respects him as a commissioner. Players canceled a game in last years playoffs without even consulting him. What a joke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam Silver is a joke. Giant penis-looking MFer isn’t half the Commissioner David Stern was.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam Silver is running a joke of an NBA. Let’s his star players do whatever they want. Nobody respects him as a commissioner. Players canceled a game in last years playoffs without even consulting him. What a joke
    At thinking old white men hold any power here and being frustrated by their lack of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At thinking old white men hold any power here and being frustrated by their lack of it.
    I’m more frustrated at him picking and choosing like a little . Does nothing to other teams and then fines us. Who gives a if he’s white or old. He’s a ty commissioner who doesn’t know what the he is doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great point about how DDR was ESPN'S 82nd best player this year.

League is basically issuing the fine because it felt the spurs held back on entertainment value yet ESPN who is responsible for all the narrative injected entertainment elements to the current version of our game says DDR is barely even in the top 100 most entertaining players to watch.

So which is it? Is DDR barely a top 100 player or is his absence so detrimental to the entertainment value of your product that you're willing to fine over it?

What a show and I think Silver is doing too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The only meme I can think of for this show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren’t you the one always ing about “S bag” and what he did to us? Leaving because Pop was the one in charge and not him. And now that kind of en lement is all over the league. No one cares about the old white man being in power, only that Silver picks and chooses what’s fine and what’s not. He’s a big reason to blame for the state of what the league is now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet the king of Load Management in LA gets to take off games whenever he wants and no one does to him.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $25K

bryn get my checkbook ..... bryn? ................. bryn?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren’t you the one always ing about “S bag” and what he did to us? Leaving because Pop was the one in charge and not him. And now that kind of en lement is all over the league. No one cares about the old white man being in power, only that Silver picks and chooses what’s fine and what’s not. He’s a big reason to blame for the state of what the league is now.
    Except I've never once criticized him for leaving. My contention has always been with how he left and specifically what it did to his value and by extension this franchise.

Even if subconsciously, many care. People are so used to that being the way of things that when it's not it seems off to them.

Thread Information