Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players who I think a re gone: Derozan, Mills (because pop's gone), Lyles.

Sucks that this is a really bad free agency class.

Areas of need:
    - volume 3pt shooter:
    Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk (for the min)
    Reggie bullock - 30 y.o, Knicks will be keen to keep him and will be upwards of $10m per year IMO
    Evan Fournier - 28 y.o. good fit, but would impact development of the younger guys a bit too much

- 3&D wing defender:
    Otto Porter - 28 y.o. I think a lot of teams will overlook him and if he can get his 3 ball going next season he'll be a bargain
    David Nwaba - 28 y.o, but room to improve he's looked good in a few Houston games, but injuries held him back
    Georges Niang - 28 y.o. If Utah don't re-sign, he could be a great glue guy
    Kelly Oubre - 25 y.o. had a down season, but could bounce back to his Phoenix ways in a different setting
    Josh hart - 26 y.o. still young, but the 3 isn't so good, and he overlaps a bit with keldon johnson's skillset
    THT (although the 3 ball isn't quite there)

- stretch 4/5:
    Gorgui Dieng 28 y.o. - re-signing is a no-brainer, always been a fan
    Daniel theis 29 y.o. he was clicking with vucevic so bulls will probably try to keep him
    Jamychal green 31 y.o. probably hates San Antonio since summer league
    Kelly Olynyk 30 y.o. probably will get an overpay
    Isaiah Hartenstein - 23 y.o. probably the only young options and could be had cheap given the logjam in CLE
    Zach Collins - 23 y.o. looked like he was going to break out, before injuries - could be worth an unguaranteed look if spurs whiff on all the others
    Nico Melli - 30 y.o. not the most mobile big, so may struggle to share the floor with poeltl
    Dwayne Dedmon 32 y.o. too old, but could have been an option if spurs hadn't burnt that bridge.
    Jarred Vanderbilt - 22 y.o. has potential, but isn't shooting the 3

as an aside, I would be keen on nerlens if poeltl wasn't rostered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to sign Duncan Robinson......
    No. We don’t have the defense that miami has that can cover for his slow ass.

You can get a better version in the draft, late first or second, in the form of Trey Murphy from Virginia. His shooting numbers are 50/43/93, he plays elite team defense, he’s 6’8”, and he won’t cost you $20M

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. We don’t have the defense that miami has that can cover for his slow ass.

You can get a better version in the draft, late first or second, in the form of Trey Murphy from Virginia. His shooting numbers are 50/43/93, he plays elite team defense, he’s 6’8”, and he won’t cost you $20M
    I would actually like both ( less the 20 million more like 12-15 ); two elite shooters sounds great!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This name isn't a big name, but depending on what happens with Sac and Louis King, I would not mind the Spurs taking a shot at him.
    He was projected to a first roubd pickm but got hurt and didn't play at all and went undrafted which suprised alot of people. He a solid defensive player, standing arounf 6'7/8 with an 7ft wingspan. In six games, he averaged 1.2 steals per game and in G-league he's shown the abilty to be a solid 3 and D guy, which could be his ceiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N83fgTYIfdI

Just look at this guy, he can do a bit of everything, bring up the ball, score in the mid-range, 3pts and can defend! reminds me alot of green. Hopefully the Kings don't resign him and we pick him up.
    good find. Exactly the kind of player the spurs need to be pursuing this offseason. Diamonds in the rough on possible 2 way deals that can be converted.

agree on Duncan. Too expensive. 27. Can’t defend. Not good enough to make use of his skills. Pass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharp shooters are hard to come by; you can have the project player but I’ll take the proven commodity! He would really open up the court and has terrific bball IQ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharp shooters are hard to come by; you can have the project player but I’ll take the proven commodity! He would really open up the court and has terrific bball IQ.
    Sure, but 12-15M isn't gonna get him so what's the point?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but 12-15M isn't gonna get him so what's the point?
    If the market demands 20 million so be it...... supply & demand. He fills a gapping hole

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He takes big shots without hesitation, we have no one like him on our roster. Chip would make him more efficient/effective

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the market demands 20 million so be it...... supply & demand. He fills a gapping hole
    If the market demands $20M for his services then the market is over valuing what he brings and we should allocate those resources elsewhere. He has value and I'd love to have him but not at that price.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the market demands $20M for his services then the market is over valuing what he brings and we should allocate those resources elsewhere. He has value and I'd love to have him but not at that price.
    We don’t know what price his services will command so I won’t do that dance but if it is possible to sign him we should period!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murphy is a spot up shooting un proven commodity at the NBA level.... BTW Mo, who or what determines value in your opinion?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don’t know what price his services will command so I won’t do that dance but if it is possible to sign him we should period!
    Not at any price... If we want to offer a reasonable contract... I'm all for it but if Intel suggests we have to offer $20M to be in the hunt then we should pass and not think twice...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll answer for you again, Supply & Demand! Find me others that do what he does ( Duncan ) at his efficiency/effectiveness ( plus he has some playmaking abilities )... I’ll wait

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll answer for you again, Supply & Demand! Find me others that do what he does ( Duncan ) at his efficiency/effectiveness ( plus he has some playmaking abilities )... I’ll wait
    No one is saying he doesn't have a skill...he does...he also has weaknesses too... Supply and Demand is a fools argument when it comes to how an organization allocates resources... would you have given Allan Houston a $100 Million contract? The market demanded it... how about Eddy Curry for $60 Million? The market demanded that too...or Timofey Mozgov and Luol Deng for four years, $136 million combined (since I just don't wanna dump on the Knicks)...since the market demanded it....

The point is that the market can overpay or underpay at times and organizations that recognize that and allocate resources accordingly are in a better position than organizations that don't recognize this and blow their wad in obvious overpays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is saying he doesn't have a skill...he does...he also has weaknesses too... Supply and Demand is a fools argument when it comes to how an organization allocates resources... would you have given Allan Houston a $100 Million contract? The market demanded it... how about Eddy Curry for $60 Million? The market demanded that too...or Timofey Mozgov and Luol Deng for four years, $136 million combined (since I just don't wanna dump on the Knicks)...since the market demanded it....

The point is that the market can overpay or underpay at times and organizations that recognize that and allocate resources accordingly are in a better position than organizations that don't recognize this and blow their wad in obvious overpays.
    i never thought i'd overpay for hand sanitizer but i sure as did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the coin flip today televised? I don't see anything...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i never thought i'd overpay for hand sanitizer but i sure as did.
    Because there was none available....there are other shooters available... maybe not name brand sanitizer ( I mean shooters)... but they can do a similar job..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hopefully the spurs agree with what I see in him having value at a acceptable price! Can you provide those comps for me?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the coin flip today televised? I don't see anything...
    I doubt it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wouldn't listen to that dumb PATFO ass-sniffing casual. He said a few months back that Milutinov is still coming.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the spurs agree with what I see in him having value at a acceptable price! Can you provide those comps for me?
    I provided comps on market overpays. What comps are you requesting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players who I think a re gone: Derozan, Mills (because pop's gone), Lyles.

Sucks that this is a really bad free agency class.

Areas of need:
    - volume 3pt shooter:
    Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk (for the min)
    Reggie bullock - 30 y.o, Knicks will be keen to keep him and will be upwards of $10m per year IMO
    Evan Fournier - 28 y.o. good fit, but would impact development of the younger guys a bit too much

- 3&D wing defender:
    Otto Porter - 28 y.o. I think a lot of teams will overlook him and if he can get his 3 ball going next season he'll be a bargain
    David Nwaba - 28 y.o, but room to improve he's looked good in a few Houston games, but injuries held him back
    Georges Niang - 28 y.o. If Utah don't re-sign, he could be a great glue guy
    Kelly Oubre - 25 y.o. had a down season, but could bounce back to his Phoenix ways in a different setting
    Josh hart - 26 y.o. still young, but the 3 isn't so good, and he overlaps a bit with keldon johnson's skillset
    THT (although the 3 ball isn't quite there)

- stretch 4/5:
    Gorgui Dieng 28 y.o. - re-signing is a no-brainer, always been a fan
    Daniel theis 29 y.o. he was clicking with vucevic so bulls will probably try to keep him
    Jamychal green 31 y.o. probably hates San Antonio since summer league
    Kelly Olynyk 30 y.o. probably will get an overpay
    Isaiah Hartenstein - 23 y.o. probably the only young options and could be had cheap given the logjam in CLE
    Zach Collins - 23 y.o. looked like he was going to break out, before injuries - could be worth an unguaranteed look if spurs whiff on all the others
    Nico Melli - 30 y.o. not the most mobile big, so may struggle to share the floor with poeltl
    Dwayne Dedmon 32 y.o. too old, but could have been an option if spurs hadn't burnt that bridge.
    Jarred Vanderbilt - 22 y.o. has potential, but isn't shooting the 3

as an aside, I would be keen on nerlens if poeltl wasn't rostered.
    Mykhailiuk is a decent shooter could be had fairly cheaply. Almost all the 3 & d wings are decent as well but Porter, Oubre and Hart will cost 7 million plus for sure. Dieng should get an automatic call back. In the short time he was with us, he proved to be a surprisingly valuable addition. Olynyk has the most upside but he is 30 will probably be expensive. Zach Collins might be done in Portland but he tends to get injured alot plus Portland may not have a lot of cap space. Vanderbilt is young and rebounds but doesn't shoot 3's, but when do our centers or pf ever shoot 3 pointers and make them. There are several players on this list, while not stars, could easily be valuable additions to the spurs next year and probably for a reasonable price at that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I provided comps on market overpays. What comps are you requesting?
    Duncan Robinson comps in the league; I’d like to see what their salaries are for my own understanding.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't listen to that dumb PATFO ass-sniffing casual. He said a few months back that Milutinov is still coming.
    Damn bruh..... you are on one! I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan Robinson comps in the league; I’d like to see what their salaries are for my own understanding.
    Ok, career 40+ 3pt% guys who can't play Defense-

Reggie Bullock (39%) 4.2 M
    Joe Harris (43%) 16.1M
    Bryn Forbes (41%) 2.3M
    Seth Curry (44%) 7.8M
    Davis Bertans (40%) 15M
    Joe Ingles (41%) 10.9M

That's an average of 9.6M/year

Thread Information