Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would actually like both ( less the 20 million more like 12-15 ); two elite shooters sounds great!
    If you offer DR $12-15, Miami happily matches, and sends a thank you card. He’s restricted, and if you REALLY want him, you’re going to have to overpay to the point Miami won’t want to match.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you offer DR $12-15, Miami happily matches, and sends a thank you card. He’s restricted, and if you REALLY want him, you’re going to have to overpay to the point Miami won’t want to match.
    What price is an over pay to you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, career 40+ 3pt% guys who can't play Defense-

Reggie Bullock (39%) 4.2 M
    Joe Harris (43%) 16.1M
    Bryn Forbes (41%) 2.3M
    Seth Curry (44%) 7.8M
    Davis Bertans (40%) 15M
    Joe Ingles (41%) 10.9M

That's an average of 9.6M/year
    Bro you are selling dudes impact / skill set short but anywhere between 15-20 is what I’m thinking will be acceptable. Joe’s avg salary is 18.7 / Davis B. 16 per ( don’t get cute )
    Last edited by Atl Spur; 05-25-2021 at 01:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned him already but I like Doug McDermott. Not a defense guy but can shoot and score efficiently with great cutting/scoring instincts. Just a bandaid until Spurs get a good team though, but shooting is a big need, plus he’s not a guard of which the Spurs have a lot of. However he said he would like to stay in Indiana in his exit interview so maybe he’ll sign quickly with them.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope we sign some giant losers, so even if the FO wont wanna tank, the players will just be too ty to win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro you are selling dudes impact / skill set short but anywhere between 15-20 is what I’m thinking will be acceptable.
    He plays no defense and shoots in this percentage range from deep. Ingles is his closest comp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What price is an over pay to you?
    You’re asking the wrong question. The correct question is “What price is an overpay to Miami?” That’s what you’d have to offer him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re asking the wrong question. The correct question is “What price is an overpay to Miami?” That’s what you’d have to offer him.
    No, I’m asking the right question. In your opinion, what is to much for Duncan?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays no defense and shoots in this percentage range from deep. Ingles is his closest comp.
    Bro.......no. Joe ingles contract avg 13 per signed in 2018...... two different players also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope we sign some giant losers, so even if the FO wont wanna tank, the players will just be too ty to win.
    I hesitated in suggesting McDermott because he’s a veteran. If its evident that the Spurs are headed for a tankathon and that they will not be compe ive they will have a rough time attracting veterans unless they are overpaid. So people expecting the Spurs not to overpay for somebody will likely be disappointed. The team is going to have to pay the bib gucks to somebody and it surely will not be the rookies they will get in the draft.

If they are going to spend on something and want to stay compe ive it would probably benefit them the most to spend on shooting and hope to recreate something like what the Jazz have. They have a lot of ball handling guards and either they sink or swim, at least surround them with shooters and cutters and hope they develop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro.......no. Joe ingles contract avg 13 per signed in 2018...... two different players also
    $10,863,637 was Ingle's salary for the 2020-2021 season. They are different though, Ingles is better and has a higher PER.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $10,863,637 was Ingle's salary for the 2020-2021 season.
    What’s his annual avg? 4/52

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s his annual avg? 4/52
    I didn't look at previous years because they are irrelevant now... the last year of his contract he makes a little over $13M.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't look at previous years because they are irrelevant now... the last year of his contract he makes a little over $13M.
    Really Mo? No words...... I’m done here. Thanks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really Mo? No words...... I’m done here. Thanks
    Thank goodness...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan Robinson is a MLE caliber player who will command 20+ million a year

similar to derozan in that respect.

crazy to me he commands so much attention in discussion and media when way better players in Gary Trent and THJ are more attainable and in the same ballpark financially. Robinson isn’t even the best impending free agent from his own team IMO and I’m not talking about Oladipo.

The Pat Riley Hype Industrial Complex

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

crazy to me he commands so much attention in discussion and media when way better players in Gary Trent and THJ are more attainable and in the same ballpark financially. Robinson isn’t even the best impending free agent from his own team IMO and I’m not talking about Oladipo.

I think Tim is going to get paid again. I don’t know about Trent Jr. but Hardaway has gotten press around him. He’s been very good in his role in the Mavs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i go with a shooter, i will go with Mc Dermott who looks like a more complete player than robinson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m not here to argue salary/value but I will say again dude is a nice fit for the squad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a pacers podcast this week that had the hosts agreeing that Sabonis was as good as gone.

Spurs could do a lopsided trade into capspace

Would Keldon+12 be enough ? Or if they jump up, #4 plus Keldon? Too much?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a pacers podcast this week that had the hosts agreeing that Sabonis was as good as gone.

Spurs could do a lopsided trade into capspace

Would Keldon+12 be enough ? Or if they jump up, #4 plus Keldon? Too much?
    I would do Keldon + #12 in a heartbeat. Sabonis is legit. Probably not Keldon + #4 though, that's a high enough pick to get a true star going forward.

But why would the Pacers trade him when he's locked in for 3 more years at a good salary? And if they did, imo they would be able to get better offers elsewhere. They will be over the cap as things stand but far enough under the tax to use the MLE, albeit barely once you factor in their draft pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do Keldon + #12 in a heartbeat. Sabonis is legit. Probably not Keldon + #4 though, that's a high enough pick to get a true star going forward.

But why would the Pacers trade him when he's locked in for 3 more years at a good salary? And if they did, imo they would be able to get better offers elsewhere. They will be over the cap as things stand but far enough under the tax to use the MLE, albeit barely once you factor in their draft pick.
    You guys that want us to go get Sabonis, do you see us moving Jakob or do you see Sabonis as a 4 playing beside him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys that want us to go get Sabonis, do you see us moving Jakob or do you see Sabonis as a 4 playing beside him?
    No chance Sabonis could play next to a rim runner. He's really a five himself, who'd ideally be paired with a four like Grant, who can space the floor + protect the rim.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance Sabonis could play next to a rim runner. He's really a five himself, who'd ideally be paired with a four like Grant, who can space the floor + protect the rim.
    I agree, I just keep seeing these proposals to get him but no mention of how he'd fit or what we'd do with Jakob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not here to argue salary/value but I will say again dude is a nice fit for the squad.
    thats all well and good but are you willing to throw 20% of the salary cap to a dude because he’s a “good fit”

Shooting can be had if you look hard enough. He’s not that unique a player to give into a market.

hes way closer to the 2021 iteration of Patty Mills than he is klay Thompson. There’s more dynamic players in this FA class that will cost a similar amount and would be far more worth an overpay due to their potential. Like a Gary trent jr.

Thread Information