Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Bulls not match $15M? If they don't match because Markkanen is the kind to cancer up a locker room when he doesn't get what he wants, would you even want him on the Spurs?

I'd still take him at that price, but I would be leery of why the Bulls wouldn't match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Bulls not match $15M? If they don't match because Markkanen is the kind to cancer up a locker room when he doesn't get what he wants, would you even want him on the Spurs?

I'd still take him at that price, but I would be leery of why the Bulls wouldn't match.
    They probably would match at that number, but the bulls traded for Vuc so they’ve kinda committed to him, so investing a lot of money on Lauri wouldn’t make sense. The bulls have a lot of issues that needs fixing and Lauri might not be in there plans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He isnt worth much more then $15 . Would like to know if bulls even want him back

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What price do you think Mo wagner would get? I would think he would be better then Lauri. He does not have the name of him but I think is a better defender. He is not as good on offense and is not as good at 3 but is not bad either. He also could play small C better then Lauri. He is pretty mobile and could probably be had for cheap. the biggest problem I see is we have so much cap space that we have to spend. We could sign someone to an above market deal because there are not many good FA available or take on a bad contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What price do you think Mo wagner would get? I would think he would be better then Lauri. He does not have the name of him but I think is a better defender. He is not as good on offense and is not as good at 3 but is not bad either. He also could play small C better then Lauri. He is pretty mobile and could probably be had for cheap. the biggest problem I see is we have so much cap space that we have to spend. We could sign someone to an above market deal because there are not many good FA available or take on a bad contract.
    the only way I'd be happy with taking on a bad contract is if we are getting compensated with draft capital

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mo isn't nearly the player Lauri is nor does he still have some upside to explore. I'm not against him as a cheap 5 if Eubanks gets thrown into a trade somewhere but, he's not going to produce what Lauri potentially can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spurs offer Markkanen 2x20mil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a bad idea. Bulls aren't matching $20 million. Other clubs who have cap space aren't going to offer more than that. It's a put up or shut up contract length for Markkanen where if he produces, the Spurs can resign him in 2023, or sign and trade as an asset. He fails to produce, you don't compromise your 2023 cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think 2 years at 20 mill per year is a bit much. If your goal is for the bulls to not match you go with that plan. 15-17 is about right for him, but I'd worry the bulls match. If you get Markkanen to take 15 mill and the bulls don't match, great you have an extra 5 million or so to spend on another player. We haven't had this much cap space in like forever so lets make it count. Real talent costs $$$.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, the ol' Jabari Parker deal. I can see that happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lauri Markkanen is our big FA signing...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think 2 years at 20 mill per year is a bit much. If your goal is for the bulls to not match you go with that plan. 15-17 is about right for him, but I'd worry the bulls match. If you get Markkanen to take 15 mill and the bulls don't match, great you have an extra 5 million or so to spend on another player. We haven't had this much cap space in like forever so lets make it count. Real talent costs $$$.
    If the Bulls really are determined to cut ties then offer them a future 2nd for a S&T at $15M and the save face by getting thst and a TE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read that as 2 years, 10 mill each and was like

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the 76ers rejected a ben simmons for Malcolm brogdon trade. Interesting to see that brogdon is available. It wasn't mentioned how recent the trade rejection was though. Could have been by trade deadline or after elimination

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I’ve said all along:

Prediction: Markkanen signs with the Spurs for no more than $15 million per season.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ed-free-agents

Whether it will come to reality is another story.
    Where is Poeltl in this scenario? He’s a cheap starting big, but not as a backup. Anyway he could get packaged to get Duarte and maybe Jalen/Moody/Wagner with our own pick?
    Last edited by John B; 07-02-2021 at 12:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing Lauri Markkanen for a lot of money would be a solid sign that we're now the Utah Jazz for the fifteen years or so after Malone and Stockton retired.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only way I'd be happy with taking on a bad contract is if we are getting compensated with draft capital
    yes we would get draft capitol back, that is the only reason you take on a bad contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing Lauri Markkanen for a lot of money would be a solid sign that we're now the Utah Jazz for the fifteen years or so after Malone and Stockton retired.
    At least they made a conference Finals in that time

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mo isn't nearly the player Lauri is nor does he still have some upside to explore. I'm not against him as a cheap 5 if Eubanks gets thrown into a trade somewhere but, he's not going to produce what Lauri potentially can.
    I think your underestimating Mo and overestimating Lauri. Lauri is not as good as people want to point out, He also is injury prone (mo has had some too). I disagree with you on the upside as well. I think Lauri is who he is going to be. He may get to be a slightly better scorrer but dont think he will ever be good on defense. Mo I think can get better at both. All Lauri does is shoot 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a big fan of Markkanen because literally everything he does other than shooting is extremely underwhelming, but one thing that does give me a little bit of hope is that Donovan and the Bulls mishandled their bigs so badly this season that it's somewhat understandable that Lauri would be used poorly. Daniel Gafford played sparingly & had mediocre analytics in Chicago, then went to Washington and became arguably the best back up center in the NBA over the last couple of months. Washington literally doesn't get to the play in game without Gafford's incredible +/- numbers. Luke Kornet did the same: mediocre numbers in Chicago, surprisingly good play in Boston. I'm warming up to Markkanen if the price isn't crazy and the contract isn't absolutely untradeable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the 76ers rejected a ben simmons for Malcolm brogdon trade. Interesting to see that brogdon is available. It wasn't mentioned how recent the trade rejection was though. Could have been by trade deadline or after elimination
    Sounds like offer was Brogdon + pick. Unclear if for this draft but worth noting they own 13, one after Spurs. Although it was supposedly rejected — its early though— seems like a good baseline for understanding Simmons’ trade value at this juncture.

DDR+12 might be better value, but probably need to add a young player too.
    Last edited by CGD; 07-02-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think your underestimating Mo and overestimating Lauri. Lauri is not as good as people want to point out, He also is injury prone (mo has had some too). I disagree with you on the upside as well. I think Lauri is who he is going to be. He may get to be a slightly better scorrer but dont think he will ever be good on defense. Mo I think can get better at both. All Lauri does is shoot 3s.
    Mo is hanging by a thread to stay in the league. He can't play his natural position. He is a jack of all trades master of none, players with niche survive longer in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like offer was Brogdon + pick. Unclear if for this draft but worth noting they own 13, one after Spurs. Although it was supposedly rejected — its early though— seems like a good baseline for understanding Simmons’ trade value at this juncture.

DDR+12 might be better value, but probably need to add a young player too.
    I'd rather send DDR to get another pick, to get Duarte. Use #12 to get Jalen/Wagner/Moody whoever, and sign Markkanen. Ship Poeltl too while you're at it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mo may not even be in the league next year and if he is it'll be on a minimum contract. Lauri will be on a $15M/year or more contract...there's a huge difference... we can quibble over who can or can't improve and by how much but, Lauri is vastly superior right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Markkanen could be had for the types of contract being discussed, if the Lakers can't come up with something better, get desperate and DeRozan were on board, I'd rather try to sign and trade him for Kuzma, Harrell (re-routed to a third team) and the 22nd pick.

Thread Information