Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to read a book someday by RC Buford or Pop where they talk about trade attempts that didn't materialize, draft picks that were swooped up one or two spots before the Spurs' pick, etc... That would be good reading, considering how notoriously tight lipped the FO usually is about their behind the scenes action.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what’s the over/under on the spurs ever bringing Nikola Milutinov over? Lol I was watching his highlights from this past season and he looked really good, he’s still relatively young at 26

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what’s the over/under on the spurs ever bringing Nikola Milutinov over? Lol I was watching his highlights from this past season and he looked really good, he’s still relatively young at 26
    Likely never. You can still play a non-switchable big in Europe. Not so much in the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A switchable big with no offense vs a non switchable big with offense that’s tough one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A switchable big with no offense vs a non switchable big with offense that’s tough one.
    It's not been a tough decision since 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Jakob isn’t prolific, he’s Shaq level efficient. While I could go along with low scoring, I can’t with ‘no offense’. He sets some of the best screens in the league, leading to buckets, and had 8 assists the other night, accounting for at LEAST 16 points, plus what he scored.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dinwiddie is the most attractive free agent to me. I know he has a player option and is coming off injury but he is a difference maker. He has ties to SA and D White so the fit makes sense

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To maximize what you can obtain from Jakob, SPURS need a star PG. It is unfortunate that SPURS decided not to tank this year to have a chance to draft top 5 pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seeing it reported that the Mavs will be interested in R Holmes and John Collins this summer. To get Collins they have to hope Atl doesn't match a max offer or work out a S&T with them. I wonder if we could edge in on the S&T and get something out of it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dinwiddie is the most attractive free agent to me. I know he has a player option and is coming off injury but he is a difference maker. He has ties to SA and D White so the fit makes sense
    Agreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dinwiddie has indicated that he wants to be the starting PG and wants to get paid market value for a starting PG in the league (he mentioned somewhere between 20-25 mil) so not sure how that would work with the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dinwiddie has indicated that he wants to be the starting PG and wants to get paid market value for a starting PG in the league (he mentioned somewhere between 20-25 mil) so not sure how that would work with the spurs.
    It wouldn’t. The Spurs play Moneyball, and that’s not a value signing. His 3 point shooting is for , and he’s scored 20ppg once. He’s kind of a homeless man’s DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dinwiddie doesn’t shoot well enough. They all want to be starters but he’s a backup in this league. Even at that he’d need to be on a team where he can feed good shooters in the bench unit. Seems to me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets big 3 are all free agents next year. Right? Watch, a lot of teams are going to save their money for next year, if that's the case. Spurs just have to play it safe this off season. There is no home run play that is going to get them to contention. They should Kickstart rebuild and get demar to do a sign and trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets big 3 are all free agents next year. Right? Watch, a lot of teams are going to save their money for next year, if that's the case. Spurs just have to play it safe this off season. There is no home run play that is going to get them to contention. They should Kickstart rebuild and get demar to do a sign and trade
    I honestly don’t want any of their three drama queens, nor would any of them be interested in us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The roster seems full in a few years to the point where the team would not be able to draft a player and have room for them, so perhaps we could see a small shake-up. It's also possible KBD doesn't stick, and one or both of Luka & Lonnie are let go. That would then give way for roster flexibility (but for what? The Spurs aren't expected to sign big fish in regular years). The Spurs' view of Luka is such an enigma and this off-season should reveal everything about how they feel. As for Lonnie, I'm starting to feel his late season surge and the bonding with his teammates indicates he's here for the long-term.

By the way the roster is becoming full, I could see the Spurs giving up a future draft pick + DeMar this season for a bigger fish. Maybe a player from another team becomes disgruntled.

Speak it into existence, my guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rc is big on luka and the spurs treatment of him shouldn't be read into too deeply. pop is often hardest on those he has higher hopes or expectations for. the key to me is in how luka handles his treatment. this is why i am hoping the summer league takes place because it would be a great opportunity for him. of course, i have no idea as to whether or not luka has any olympic aspirations or fits into the croatian national team's roster which would then likely keep him from any summer league involvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding Markkanen, would the Spurs really sign a guy who whined so much about touches that it got Pop's friend Jim Boylen fired? Not only that, Markkanen trashed Boylen after he was gone. Unless there's more to the story, I can't imagine he's at the top of San Antonio's wish list.

IIRC, Markkanen whined about touches. Boylen told him to rebound more if he wanted more touches. Markkanen said he'd need to average 40 rebounds to get enough touches ... or something like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding Markkanen, would the Spurs really sign a guy who whined so much about touches that it got Pop's friend Jim Boylen fired? Not only that, Markkanen trashed Boylen after he was gone. Unless there's more to the story, I can't imagine he's at the top of San Antonio's wish list.

IIRC, Markkanen whined about touches. Boylen told him to rebound more if he wanted more touches. Markkanen said he'd need to average 40 rebounds to get enough touches ... or something like that.
    Depends on the level of confidence POP gives to Boylen because Boylen had some issues with pretty everyone in Chicago.

I still think the Spurs will be high on Markannen and that there will be his likely landing spot if he leaves Chicago.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Markkanen would be great for the Spurs especially if you believe in the Spurs system. Also we shouldn’t be signing anyone unless they can hit threes. Might have to take a flyer on McDermott too. Guy is shooting lights out right now and always has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like douggie Mcbucketts... Doug McDermott baby! Not interested in Dinwiddie. Spurs need a wing that can shoot. McDermott can do that and more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Boylen didn’t get fired on Marakkanen’s account, come on... that was a long time coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boylen didn’t get fired on Marakkanen’s account, come on... that was a long time coming.
    Oh yeah, everyone hated Boylen and Markkanen was just one voice in the choir. As far as I could tell, Boylen was a terrible coach and deserved to get fired.

But, the point remains, will the Spurs really want to sign a player who's response to tough coaching was to run to the media? To get Markkanen, the Spurs will have to give him a sizeable contract. I just don't think he'd pass their background check, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, everyone hated Boylen and Markkanen was just one voice in the choir. As far as I could tell, Boylen was a terrible coach and deserved to get fired.

But, the point remains, will the Spurs really want to sign a player who's response to tough coaching was to run to the media? To get Markkanen, the Spurs will have to give him a sizeable contract. I just don't think he'd pass their background check, IMO.
    You might be right. The rumors about him being a subject of interest might turn out to be much ado about nothing. However, IIRC Rudy Gay was combative with the Sacramento organization firing Malone, and went to the media with team issues on more than one occasion very critical of things there. It’s ancient history and it was Sacramento but I suppose the Spurs will do their investigations.

Marakkanen has come across really measured and careful any time I have seen him talk. I do hope they add a shooter who can start for the team they need a starter level player that can shoot, as much as I like McBucketts would you start him?

Thread Information