Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct...that's why I said year 2...and not 2 years...
    My bad. Looked like you just omitted the s after ‘2 year’.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting to see what's happening with Khem Birch now in Toronto. Coach Nurse has set him free, and he's having the best run of his career after being a low minutes/good metrics guy for 4 years in Orlando, a place well known for being poor at development. I'm hoping the Spurs can use their superior scouting skills to strike gold with at least one underappreciated free agent this summer, rather than throw big money at an overvalued guy.

https://raptorsrapture.com/2021/04/2...em-birch-2021/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting to see what's happening with Khem Birch now in Toronto. Coach Nurse has set him free, and he's having the best run of his career after being a low minutes/good metrics guy for 4 years in Orlando, a place well known for being poor at development. I'm hoping the Spurs can use their superior scouting skills to strike gold with at least one underappreciated free agent this summer, rather than throw big money at an overvalued guy.

https://raptorsrapture.com/2021/04/2...em-birch-2021/
    Not sold. He’s a rim runner in a league where teams are wholesale dumping them to get shooting bigs.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is making me realize that Pop will likely be back next year. I was getting ready for changes next year but that probably won’t happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What dog veteran will this team overpay in the offseason when all the quality free agents say no to coming here and will take away playing time from Vassell and whoever our next draft pick is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What dog veteran will this team overpay in the offseason when all the quality free agents say no to coming here and will take away playing time from Vassell and whoever our next draft pick is?
    Id say Paul Milsap or Evan Fournier lol leave it to the spurs to finally have a lot of cap space in one of the worst free agency classes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id say Paul Milsap or Evan Fournier lol leave it to the spurs to finally have a lot of cap space in one of the worst free agency classes
    I can totally see Milsap being the new Rudy Gay next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is making me realize that Pop will likely be back next year. I was getting ready for changes next year but that probably won’t happen.
    Wishful thinking. He’s not going to walk away less than 30 games shy of the coaching record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn’t a bad class even a year ago. The pandemic made multiple guys sign lesser paying extensions rather than play out their contract and sign a higher paying new one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daniel Theis - a switchy center with a decent 3 ball. 28

Furkan Korkmaz - a 6-7 shooter whose getting time at PF. 23

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's not leaving until he gets the All-Time record. So probably one more year, at least.

I agree that his decisions have been more questionable as of late, but for all he's done, I'd say he deserves that much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a reclamation project (for the minimum), Rodion Kurucs might be interesting. I'm not sure why his shooting cratered this year, though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a reclamation project (for the minimum), Rodion Kurucs might be interesting. I'm not sure why his shooting cratered this year, though?
    It seems like he's more effective as a SF, but with his last two teams he has been used as a small ball PF or C, and that hasn't worked.

The sample size for his shooting %s this year is really tiny, so I don't think it means too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kurucs also had some sort of battery issue with a GF a couple of years ago.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wishful thinking. He’s not going to walk away less than 30 games shy of the coaching record.
    For a while the prevailing thought was: one more year and then Olympics as the final gig. But obviously the pandemic happened and the assumption now is he sticks around. I get it. And I doubt he will announce anything.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tory Craig

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THJ and Duncan Robinson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we end up helping DDR get somewhere with a S&T, what players do you think we'd target to get back (assuming we want players as opposed to picks)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2021-2022 projected roster

Murray
    White
    Lonnie
    Tre
    Vassell
    Luka
    Eubanks
    Dieng
    Poeltl
    2021 FRP
    Keldon
    KBD

That's 12 players (assumes Dieng is re-signed and KBD comes back on a real contract as opposed to a 2-way)

2022-2023 projected roster

Murray
    White
    Lonnie
    Tre
    Vassell
    Luka
    Eubanks
    Dieng
    Poeltl
    2021 FRP
    Keldon
    KBD
    2022 FRP

That's 13 players (assumes Lonnie is re-signed)

Then in 2022-2023, add the first round pick that year and it becomes 14 players.

The roster seems full in a few years to the point where the team would not be able to draft a player and have room for them, so perhaps we could see a small shake-up. It's also possible KBD doesn't stick, and one or both of Luka & Lonnie are let go. That would then give way for roster flexibility (but for what? The Spurs aren't expected to sign big fish in regular years). The Spurs' view of Luka is such an enigma and this off-season should reveal everything about how they feel. As for Lonnie, I'm starting to feel his late season surge and the bonding with his teammates indicates he's here for the long-term.

By the way the roster is becoming full, I could see the Spurs giving up a future draft pick + DeMar this season for a bigger fish. Maybe a player from another team becomes disgruntled.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2021-2022 projected roster

Murray
    White
    Lonnie
    Tre
    Vassell
    Luka
    Eubanks
    Dieng
    Poeltl
    2021 FRP
    Keldon
    KBD

That's 12 players (assumes Dieng is re-signed and KBD comes back on a real contract as opposed to a 2-way)

2022-2023 projected roster

Murray
    White
    Lonnie
    Tre
    Vassell
    Luka
    Eubanks
    Dieng
    Poeltl
    2021 FRP
    Keldon
    KBD
    2022 FRP

That's 13 players (assumes Lonnie is re-signed)

Then in 2022-2023, add the first round pick that year and it becomes 14 players.

The roster seems full in a few years to the point where the team would not be able to draft a player and have room for them, so perhaps we could see a small shake-up. It's also possible KBD doesn't stick, and one or both of Luka & Lonnie are let go. That would then give way for roster flexibility (but for what? The Spurs aren't expected to sign big fish in regular years). The Spurs' view of Luka is such an enigma and this off-season should reveal everything about how they feel. As for Lonnie, I'm starting to feel his late season surge and the bonding with his teammates indicates he's here for the long-term.

By the way the roster is becoming full, I could see the Spurs giving up a future draft pick + DeMar this season for a bigger fish. Maybe a player from another team becomes disgruntled.
    Anyone particular in mind who that player is we may go after with DDR?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone particular in mind who that player is we may go after with DDR?
    Easy. Look at teams who were big disappointments this year.

Warriors - I'll take Draymond but they won't give him up
    Raptors - Hopefully Siakam
    Celtics - Fournier, Smart
    Heat - Duncan Robinson

I see these teams as trade partners.

Other teams with bad records aren't really disappointments since losing is such a common thing for them.

I mean, the Pelicans have nowhere to go and are relying heavily on the improvement of Zion and Ingram. Maybe they'll shake it up.

I don't see anyone drafting in the top 5 to make any big splash since they want to see how they'll build around their next big hope from this draft.

Then there are rising teams who feel like they need another year to grow and they think experience will help them take the next step: Grizzlies & Kings.

Actually, my dark horse trade partner are the Hornets since MJ and his gambling habits always want to go all-in on everything.

Edit: oops, I forgot the Bulls after they made that disastrous trade
    Last edited by Dejounte; 05-11-2021 at 11:25 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy. Look at teams who were big disappointments this year.

Warriors - I'll take Draymond but they won't give him up
    Raptors - Hopefully Siakam
    Celtics - Fournier, Smart
    Heat - Duncan Robinson

I see these teams as trade partners.

Other teams with bad records aren't really disappointments since losing is such a common thing for them.

I mean, the Pelicans have nowhere to go and are relying heavily on the improvement of Zion and Ingram. Maybe they'll shake it up.

I don't see anyone drafting in the top 5 to make any big splash since they want to see how they'll build around their next big hope from this draft.

Then there are rising teams who feel like they need another year to grow and they think experience will help them take the next step: Grizzlies & Kings.

Actually, my dark horse trade partner are the Hornets since MJ and his gambling habits always want to go all-in on everything.

Edit: oops, I forgot the Bulls after they made that disastrous trade
    I think Siakam should be the target on that list if we are going to do this (I do think GS would move Draymond but I don't want him).. . Fournier-Smart wouldn't be bad either if the years on Fournier's contract aren't prohibitive. DR (while I love the name and fit) I am concerned with the contract he'd command.

MJ is intriguing and I guess a deal with them would center around a pick and one young guy?

Another interesting partner would be the Mavs with Porzingis. I do think they are going to really explore moving him and they might value a guy that can score like DDR to take pressure off of Luka from time to time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Siakam should be the target on that list if we are going to do this (I do think GS would move Draymond but I don't want him).. . Fournier-Smart wouldn't be bad either if the years on Fournier's contract aren't prohibitive. DR (while I love the name and fit) I am concerned with the contract he'd command.

MJ is intriguing and I guess a deal with them would center around a pick and one young guy?

Another interesting partner would be the Mavs with Porzingis. I do think they are going to really explore moving him and they might value a guy that can score like DDR to take pressure off of Luka from time to time.
    Porzingas is sooooo far from a culture fit for the Spurs that I don't see it happening. Looking at their roster... man, they haven't surrounded Luka well at all.

I would include future picks for Siakam, maybe even include this year's pick if we somehow beat the play-in and get a worse pick (15th).
    Last edited by Dejounte; 05-12-2021 at 08:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siakam bought his mom a house in Houston:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porzingas is sooooo far from a culture fit for the Spurs that I don't see it happening. Looking at their roster... man, they haven't surrounded Luka well at all.

I would include future picks for Siakam, maybe even include this year's pick if we somehow beat the play-in and get a worse pick (15th).
    I'd definitely include a pick or a young guy for Siakam. I'm not as down on Porzingis or his cultural fit as most here. I would trade DDR and a pick for him.

Thread Information