Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, they didn't and as you alluded to, obviously the Cavaliers wouldn't do something that stupid.

I don't know what's worse, the majority of fake trades that fail to take into account why it would make sense for the opposing team(s) or this notion that Walker IV and Samanic have sky high ceilings.
    So hypothetically speaking, two years ago, if you could have moved back 5 spots in the draft to get out of LA's contract would you have done it? Obviously LA was never as openly disgruntled as Love and we would be offering a young prospect. Obviously there isn't much in the FA market for them to throw cap space at, but you don't know exactly what they value. Maybe they would like it because they may want the space to make a run at Collins? Bottom line, you can't get told no unless you ask.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So hypothetically speaking, two years ago, if you could have moved back 5 spots in the draft to get out of LA's contract would you have done it? Obviously LA was never as openly disgruntled as Love and we would be offering a young prospect. Obviously there isn't much in the FA market for them to throw cap space at, but you don't know exactly what they value. Maybe they would like it because they may want the space to make a run at Collins? Bottom line, you can't get told no unless you ask.
    Yeah, but also don't want to insult teams with ridiculous offers.

I definitely wouldn't have executed your hypothetical because it wouldn't have served any purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks...are you kidding. Thibbs is a really intense coach. He'd slap DeRozen across the head with one hand and Lonzo across the head with the other hand for not playing defense. Sure the Knicks have some money this summer, but those two would give Thibbs a heart attack. I'm sure cooler heads will prevail in NY, and I'm not even a Knicks fan.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks...are you kidding. Thibbs is a really intense coach. He'd slap DeRozen across the head with one hand and Lonzo across the head with the other hand for not playing defense. Sure the Knicks have some money this summer, but those two would give Thibbs a heart attack. I'm sure cooler heads will prevail in NY, and I'm not even a Knicks fan.
    Agree totally, but I hope they make DDR an offer and make sure there is no chance he signs here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but also don't want to insult teams with ridiculous offers.

I definitely wouldn't have executed your hypothetical because it wouldn't have served any purpose.
    Agree to disagree I guess my friend. I would agree that it doesn't serve a purpose if you don't Have someone in mind to use that cap space on. But if there are free agents that you want & believe would come then I would absolutely pull the trigger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Carlisle is a free agent now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Carlisle is a free agent now
    Rick Carlisle is the white Doc Rivers, a coach who’s riding a decade old championship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree to disagree I guess my friend. I would agree that it doesn't serve a purpose if you don't Have someone in mind to use that cap space on. But if there are free agents that you want & believe would come then I would absolutely pull the trigger.
    I got it. But keep in mind, their goal then, as it is now, was to undergo a "soft rebuild" and at the time, a late prime Aldridge was better than any free agent(s) they could realistically sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Carlisle is the white Doc Rivers, a coach who’s riding a decade old championship.
    Maybe but unlike Doc his rosters have been garbage since that 2011 ring. Mavs were not favored to beat the Clips this year or last year. Their shortcomings aren't squarely because his coaching sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj hints at more coaching changes

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Rick Carlisle suddenly becomes a prominent candidate in a head coaching marketplace that includes six current openings -- and maybe more to come.

Rick Carlisle -- who led Dallas to the 2011 NBA championship -- informed Mavericks owner Mark Cuban today that he won't be returning as coach next season, Carlisle told ESPN. Carlisle had two years left on his contract. He spent 13 seasons as Mavericks coach.

3:11pm · 17 Jun 2021 · Twitter Web App

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe but unlike Doc his rosters have been garbage since that 2011 ring. Mavs were not favored to beat the Clips this year or last year. Their shortcomings aren't squarely because his coaching sucks
    I don’t think he sucks, but I do think he’s overrated/overvalued.

Wonder WTF is going on in Dallas? Maybe CATFO finally had enough of Cuban and his meddling ways?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Carlisle still has two years left on his contract, Cuban could be a total asshole and say he can't coach anywhere else. There isn't anything to gain by doing so, but Cuban isn't always rational.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it’s a pipe dream but damn with all the current news of disgruntled stars … any chance Spurs make a move for one of these guys

Luka
    Damian Lillard
    Joel Embiid
    Zion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coaching free agency is probably going to be more exciting than the player free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj hints at more coaching changes

Rick Carlisle suddenly becomes a prominent candidate in a head coaching marketplace that includes six current openings -- and maybe more to come.

Rick Carlisle -- who led Dallas to the 2011 NBA championship -- informed Mavericks owner Mark Cuban today that he won't be returning as coach next season, Carlisle told ESPN. Carlisle had two years left on his contract. He spent 13 seasons as Mavericks coach.

3:11pm · 17 Jun 2021 · Twitter Web App
    There has to be more unfolding here. I don't think Carlisle would just leave his 2 years contract remaining, and the team you brought a championship ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget about all the sexual assault allegations within the Dallas org?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to say if Carlisle would be a good fit here with a dysfunctional rebuild. Probably. But his style might be too close to Pop’s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think he sucks, but I do think he’s overrated/overvalued.

Wonder WTF is going on in Dallas? Maybe CATFO finally had enough of Cuban and his meddling ways?
    What really sucks is the owner getting involved so much that the coach ends up quitting. That's never good. Isn't Jerry Jones the cowboys owner like that also. Must be something in the Dallas water.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kemba and Bos 2021 first for Al Horford apparently. Brad Stevens doing work quickly. Perhaps Marcus Smart is next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice article for the most part. I like Petrini. But he avoids mentioning two important factors, at least to me:

1. Signing a guy to a max deal who can’t carry the team is going to be horrible for team morale. Teams have a pecking order, and the one positive of DDR is that he was the obvious leader/alpha, and I think our team morale was actually great this year as younger players fell in line because of that, at least in part. Patty and Rudy had a role too.

2. Why further thwart Luka’s development? Luka could fit the same role as Collins at a much cheaper price. Unfortunately the team avoided getting the answer to this question this year, but if you sign Collins, you might as well call Luka a wasted draft pick because the team failed to develop him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kemba and Bos 2021 first for Al Horford apparently. Brad Stevens doing work quickly. Perhaps Marcus Smart is next.
    This is a trade Ainge should have made at the deadline. They really needed a stretch big for the late season and playoffs. It also gets OKC off the hook for maybe sitting him this year. They can sit Kemba for stretches, because of his injury history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now with #4 (if holds), #16 and #18 in the first round… I wonder if they are going to package those mid rounders to move up some?

Fascinating draft study. I wonder what the morale is like in OKC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now with #4 (if holds), #16 and #18 in the first round… I wonder if they are going to package those mid rounders to move up some?

Fascinating draft study. I wonder what the morale is like in OKC?
    Does it matter? They can just draft a whole new team in the next two years.

Thread Information