Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1677
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oubre is straight up trash. There's reason no one has ever wanted to keep him. Inconsistent, doesn't take the game seriously, just whack all around

Lauri Markannen is a little better but not by much. Terrible defense, frequently injured or struck with odd maladies. There's a reason why when Chicago got serious about making the playoffs, they benched Markannen.

Oubre would be a straight up failure and trash fire.

But if Markannen was renounced, then I could see a deal like the Knicks gave players a couple of years ago being useful, 1+1 deals to both protect the teams future cap flexibility but also make trading them easier.
    You're absolutely correct about Oubre. There's a reason why the Suns said sayonara, why the Warriors couldn't wait to let him go. He's a dumpster fire. He's desperate to get onto some team so is giving the Spurs sweet words, but they need to pass.

Markkanen... there's suggestion he wasn't properly developed by Chicago and often their fans say so. I can see some value for him, but not at a high price tag and not for a long term. In general I don't see a high reward, the defense is bad, and I don't think he'll be much more than he is now. A short term deal like you mention I feel would be okay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly to me Lauri is the only free agent that makes some sense for the spurs
    I see them chucking a full max at Collins first.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who could it be?

Any thoughts from people who follow euroleague?

pad300
    ragas
    duncan2150
    I assume it wouldn't be a guard, nor even a 3... but ???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bobby portis would really help this roster.

still young and would bring what we have been missing since morris walked on us.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    so can oubre actually play or not ??

lol, people either say he’s really worth it or not worth it all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bobby portis would really help this roster.

still young and would bring what we have been missing since morris walked on us.
    Portis wants to get paid. He's young and took a low deal to play with Bucks. Not sure what his market will be. But I'd take Portis over Lauris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want someone that's ready for big time in 3 or 4 years. That's Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like how the people in this thread are talking about markkanen and collins like we didn't just watch them draft josh ing primo.

you're more likely to wind up with Portis and Torrey Craig. do you even spurs, bro?

its amazing to me how you smoothbrains keep putting quarters into the pacman machine and expecting it to play donkey kong.

lmao get ready for the biggest case of blue balls you have ever had in your life.

this is the way

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s good we in rebuild mode we need to hit on the lottery next draft and I mean land 1-3 draft pick so pick up a couple of old ass vets sign them for one year contacts and let the kids play and grow. It’s a win win we get to see the youth movement and we get to see who fits and who needs to be traded or not signed and hopefully we get lucky again and get a 1 draft pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect the Oubre Jr. rumors are from his agent. He has delusions of grandeur in terms of s om, so they more than likely look at this barren roster and think he could come in and put up big counting stats for a few years before cashing in and moving on to greener pastures.

He's not only not Spurs-y, but he doesn't check a single box. Not not strong enough to play the four, doesn't provide shooting, ISO scoring or play making either.

Right now, out of realistic options, if the Wizards sign and trade for Dinwiddie and utilize Kuzma to do so, offer Walker IV to the Nets (would help alleviate their massive luxury tax bill) for him. If that occurs, offer Mills 2/$MLE equivalent of 20ishM-25M.

Failing that, offer Porter Jr. 2/$MLE equivalent of 20ishM-25M, then do the same with Burks. Offer Dieng 2/smaller MLE or room exception equivalent of 10ishM.

Leave the rest of the space open to possibly utilize to facilitate trade(s) and extract draft capital throughout the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect the Oubre Jr. rumors are from his agent. He has delusions of grandeur in terms of s om, so they more than likely look at this barren roster and think he could come in and put up big counting stats for a few years before cashing in and moving on to greener pastures.

He's not only not Spurs-y, but he doesn't check a single box. Not not strong enough to play the four, doesn't provide shooting, ISO scoring or play making either.

Right now, out of realistic options, if the Wizards sign and trade for Dinwiddie and utilize Kuzma to do so, offer Walker IV to the Nets (would help alleviate their massive luxury tax bill) for him. If that occurs, offer Mills 2/$MLE equivalent of 20ishM-25M.

Failing that, offer Porter Jr. 2/$MLE equivalent of 20ishM-25M, then do the same with Burks. Offer Dieng 2/smaller MLE or room exception equivalent of 10ishM.

Leave the rest of the space open to possibly utilize to facilitate trade(s) and extract draft capital throughout the season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Oubre the guy who missed the bubble for Phoenix, and they went 8-0 without him and then dumped his ass in the summer? And now Golden State, who has the money to pay the tax if it means championship, is dumping him after having him for a year?

If he was important to winning, they wouldn't let him go.

He's like Javale or Beasley. Counting on him = losing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so can oubre actually play or not ??

lol, people either say he’s really worth it or not worth it all.
    Teams who did not think he was worth it:

Washinton Wizards
    Phoenix Suns
    Golden State Warriors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dat champeenship experience

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams who did not think he was worth it:

Washinton Wizards
    Phoenix Suns
    Golden State Warriors
    I sincerely hope they stay away from Oubre. I can just see them talking themselves into it bc it’s a position of need they feel they can “fix him.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oubre is straight up trash. There's reason no one has ever wanted to keep him. Inconsistent, doesn't take the game seriously, just whack all around

Lauri Markannen is a little better but not by much. Terrible defense, frequently injured or struck with odd maladies. There's a reason why when Chicago got serious about making the playoffs, they benched Markannen.

Oubre would be a straight up failure and trash fire.

But if Markannen was renounced, then I could see a deal like the Knicks gave players a couple of years ago being useful, 1+1 deals to both protect the teams future cap flexibility but also make trading them easier.
    The 1+1 idea is smart, ideally in hopes that in 2 years we can use space again. Maybe front load the deal too.
    Last edited by CGD; 07-31-2021 at 06:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way this would become a successful offseason is:

- they sign Collins
    - they pull off a Trade that gets us either Siakam, Myles Turner or Ben Simmons
    - they get something back in a sign and trade for DeRozan

I put the chances at 0.1% of this happening, so get ready to be disappointed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sincerely hope they stay away from Oubre. I can just see them talking themselves into it bc it’s a position of need they feel they can “fix him.”
    It's not. They have Johnson, Vassell, White and Walker IV under contract as rotational options at the 3/2, plus Wieskamp as a depth option and possibly Jeffries too. And they'll no doubt be some veteran guard/wing shooter/secondary creator too, whether it's Mills, Burks, Fournier, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way this would become a successful offseason is:

- they sign Collins
    - they pull off a Trade that gets us either Siakam, Myles Turner or Ben Simmons
    - they get something back in a sign and trade for DeRozan

I put the chances at 0.1% of this happening, so get ready to be disappointed
    No doubt. Might as well resign gay/mills and retry in 2-3 years. Still hoping spurs can get something for derozan though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That would also be lauri

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

Clippers F/C Serge Ibaka is exercising his $9.7 million player option for the 2021-22 season, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.
    6:28pm · 31 Jul 2021 · TweetDeck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    1h
    The Timberwolves extended qualifying offers to Jarred Vanderbilt and Jordan McLaughlin, making them restricted free agents, source tells ESPN.

NY_KnicksPR @NY_KnicksPR
    2h
    Knicks exercised team option on center Mitc Robinson and waived center Norvel Pelle.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oubre can do a few things. Slash, ok defense, can shoot 3 (not good just can), reasonably athletic.

But he seem to underwhelm wherever he go. That's why people describe him as good and trash at the same time. He looks talented. But seems not not translate to win as much. That's why as one of the move is ok. But as the move is a bit disappointing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The San Antonio Spurs are interested in pursuing John Collins, Kelly Oubre, and Zach Collins in free agency, per JakeLFischer.
    Any chance we could nab all three of those guys? Or would that not make sense?

Thread Information