Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm also team Hardaway. This team needs shooting and he provides that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team needs a new headcoach, 2 new assistant coaches, a new GM, a Power Forward, and a Small Forward with a 3-point shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yikes

Hope he's not a S&T target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't stand Jason Terry and I've never been in the same room as him.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird that Cuban would divulge this. But that’s probably just his style.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think it'll be Mills decision whether to return or sign with a pseudo contender and I realize they heavily value his supposed off court value, but it doesn't make sense to give a small guard at the tail end of his prime, who'll be coming off playing in the Olympics, 3/$30-36M when they could sign Forbes, whose a half decade younger, for half or even less the price.

Shooting a blistering 43.9% from 3 on significant volume, no reason to think he won't decline his relatively paltry $2.45 M p/o and the Bucks, already slated to be in the tax, can't afford to give him a raise (and have two lower cost, younger shooters signed in 2nd rounders Nwora and Merrill).

This would also open up more minutes for Jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think it'll be Mills decision whether to return or sign with a pseudo contender and I realize they heavily value his supposed off court value, but it doesn't make sense to give a small guard at the tail end of his prime, who'll be coming off playing in the Olympics, 3/$30-36M when they could sign Forbes, whose a half decade younger, for half or even less the price.

Shooting a blistering 43.9% from 3 on significant volume, no reason to think he won't decline his relatively paltry $2.45 M p/o and the Bucks, already slated to be in the tax, can't afford to give him a raise (and have two lower cost, younger shooters signed in 2nd rounders Nwora and Merrill).

This would also open up more minutes for Jones.
    Or, they could just PLAY Vassel, instead of ruining a fixed mistake by reacquiring the no defense Forbes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nathan Knight could be someone to look at.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or, they could just PLAY Vassel, instead of ruining a fixed mistake by reacquiring the no defense Forbes.
    Vassell is going to play, but probably more so at the expense of Walker IV (who likely needs to play his way into the long term plans at this point).

They need as much shooting as they can get and as a 15-20 mpg backup, no longer played alongside fellow defensive liabilities, he'd be fine.

They're not just going to replace Mills and Gay in the rotation with Vassell and Samanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Could Spencer become a Spur this offseason? He'd probably be my favorite free agent out of JC, Lauri, etc...

Pop loves his three guard line-ups, and they wouldn't be half bad if Mills wasn't a part of them.

Obviously depends on the price. I'd love to get him at Derrick's rate of $17 mil a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Tech guy with a jumper" lmao

Maybe since SA is close to Austin, he'd be interested...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hmmm.....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another name to keep an eye on is Nunn (R). They Heat have bigger fish to fry and given his sporadic role, have never seemed entirely sold on him.

He's a quintessential 6th man (undersized two, scorer/shooter).

Could Spencer become a Spur this offseason? He'd probably be my favorite free agent out of JC, Lauri, etc...

Pop loves his three guard line-ups, and they wouldn't be half bad if Mills wasn't a part of them.

Obviously depends on the price. I'd love to get him at Derrick's rate of $17 mil a year.

He's a shameless self promoter (between his connections to White and Marks, they should have a good sense of whether he'd fit though), but I've got him as a candidate all the same because he makes his off season home in San Antonio and his latest torn ACL likely means he'll probably only be able to command something like a 2 year (p/o) contract, which is ideal.

He's not a shooter, but he'll at least attempt volume 3's and is (was?) adept at getting to the rim/line and making plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's a shameless self promoter (between his connections to White and Marks, they should have a good sense of whether he'd fit though), but I've got him as a candidate all the same because he makes his off season home in San Antonio and his latest torn ACL likely means he'll probably only be able to command something like a 2 year (p/o) contract, which is ideal.

He's not a shooter, but he'll at least attempt volume 3's and is (was?) adept at getting to the rim/line and making plays.
    Based off that podcast I just finished listening to, Spencer sounds like an immensely intellectual individual (relative to most athletes). I think he's simply aware of who he is as a basketball player.

I read that a $17 mil contract brings $85 mil of tax to the Nets if he is kept -- if there was any doubt he's not leaving the Nets after this season. I know their owner is one of the richest, but still.

Thinking Dallas & Toronto are the biggest compe ors for his services.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based off that podcast I just finished listening to, Spencer sounds like an immensely intellectual individual (relative to most athletes). I think he's simply aware of who he is as a basketball player.

I read that a $17 mil contract brings $85 mil of tax to the Nets if he is kept -- if there was any doubt he's not leaving the Nets after this season. I know their owner is one of the richest, but still.

Thinking Dallas & Toronto are the biggest compe ors for his services.
    He is, he's just desperate for people to know that.

The moment they acquired Harden was the moment he was gone. With 3 elite on ball creators, there's obviously no place for him anymore.

I can't see the link to the tweet, but agreed on the compe ors. Both have a need and can offer a bigger platform.

The Spurs could offer the most money and no established pecking order.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is, he's just desperate for people to know that.

The moment they acquired Harden was the moment he was gone. With 3 elite on ball creators, there's obviously no place for him anymore.

I can't see the link to the tweet, but agreed on the compe ors. Both have a need and can offer a bigger platform.

The Spurs could offer the most money and no established pecking order.
    I agree with you on the type of contract he'll likely net. Spencer is 28, I think he'll be put on the same recurring contract Rudy Gay has had all these years he's been a Spur. Fits in line with his personality of wanting to bet on himself, while also giving the Spurs flexibility to maneuver around with contracts. I think that'll be part of the appeal of being a Spur for him-- Spurs will probably convince him that they'll re-sign him for every year his contract is up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spencer buying a house in SA is old news no? Happened like last summer and it was mainly for his daughter right?

Edit: NM looks like it was for his GF who was raised in SA. Makes sense... Would be surprised if he came and we didn't have a trade ready to sell some of our younger assets too. Link below.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...n-san-antonio/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spencer buying a house in SA is old news no? Happened like last summer and it was mainly for his daughter right?

Edit: NM looks like it was for his GF who was raised in SA. Makes sense... Would be surprised if he came and we didn't have a trade ready to sell some of our younger assets too. Link below.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...n-san-antonio/
    His GF is Andre Robersons sister.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No love for Harrell, Jeff Green, JaMychal Green?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isaac Bonga has been in the league three years and is the same age (21) as some players in the upcoming draft. He won't turn 22 until next season. He's already a defensive force, with an impressive defensive impact-- here are his on court/off court #s for his first three years:

Wizards '20-21:
    Defense, points per 100 possessions with Bonga: 106.0
    Defense, points per 100 possessions without Bonga: 115.7

Wizards '19-20:
    Defense, points per 100 possessions with Bonga: 109.6
    Defense, points per 100 possessions without Bonga: 121.3

Lakers '18-19:
    Defense, points per 100 possessions with Bonga: 96.0
    Defense, points per 100 possessions without Bonga: 111.7

Obviously, his offense is still a work in progress, but he's shown flashes of being able to hit the three, and though his original potential as a 6'9" PG (with a 7' wingspan) didn't pan out, he still has better handles than someone like Danny Green or Bruce Bowen. Signing him would essentially be like drafting a guy out of college who's already guaranteed to provide top rate D-- which would make him valuable off the bench-- with the added bonus that if he can advance offensively, he could be a true quality player.

http://www.82games.com/2021/20WAS8.HTM
    http://www.82games.com/1920/19WAS13.HTM
    http://www.82games.com/1819/18LAL9.HTM
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-02-2021 at 05:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No love for Harrell, Jeff Green, JaMychal Green?
    No. Harrell is a rim runner in a 3 point league. JeGreen is over the hill, and jaGreen is a never was, also on the wrong side of 30.

You don’t have to use caproom to sign sub par FAs. Harrison Barnes is better than any of those scrubs, and has posted career highs in both assist and rebounds, and shot 39% from deep. Sacto is very open to moving him, as they have young mouths to feed. He’s 28.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Since acquiring DeRozan, the Spurs rank last in the total number of catch-and-shoot three attempts, but on those attempts, they hit 37.5 percent — third in the league."

This guy's own stats poke a hole in his argument. Averaging a decent percentage from anywhere doesn't matter if you're not actually shooting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know the FA class is devoid of high level talent (some decent roll players though)... Any thoughts on players on large salaries that teams might be willing to move because of fit or salary cap needs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off the top . . .

RFA's: Collins, Graham, Monk, Markkanen, Nunn, Robinson, Ball, Hart.

Under contract: Walker, Rozier III, Love, Porzingis, Gordon, Wall, Wiggins, Turner, Bledsoe, Horford, Ross, McCollum, Barnes, Hield.

Thread Information