Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1677
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri Markkanen would be a wreck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here are completely ignoring the fact that DeRozan would have to agree on going to Washington
    I don’t think he’d want to play there. He’s obviously trying to compete for a le, so maybe the Clippers are still on the table although I wouldn’t want any of their players
    Every player wants to make the most money, and compete for championships. Guess which one goes by the boards when push comes to shove? He ain’t gonna sign for the MLE if Wash ponies up a nice contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a terrible fit. He can’t defend the 4 or the 5. Think: Late LaMarcus level bad defense.
    I disagree. While he's not even an average defender that can be covered up some playing next to Poeltl. He can spread the floor from deep and put the ball on the ground for straight line drives vs close outs. Do I like him as much as Collins? Absolutely not, but if Collins can't be gotten we can work with Lauri (and maybe even find some untapped potential). As long as the money and length isn't awful then it's not a bad risk/reward situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just sign Kelly O or Bobby Portis to a larger than they deserve 1 year deal if you can’t get anyone that’s a real long term fit and difference maker.

Keep flexibility open for next year and beyond.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Lauri the only thing that makes sense to me is something like 3/45M with the third year being a team option or fully non guaranteed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Lauri the only thing that makes sense to me is something like 3/45M with the third year being a team option or fully non guaranteed
    If he goes for that. Which he might -- I don't think there's a tremendous market for a soft pile of putty like him.

But this board needs a whipping boy and I can imagine he'll draw the ire of almost everyone here within ten games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's pretty much my range for him too.. it would be easy to move if we needed to but give us an extra year if he over performs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he goes for that. Which he might -- I don't think there's a tremendous market for a soft pile of putty like him.

But this board needs a whipping boy and I can imagine he'll draw the ire of almost everyone here within ten games.
    Perhaps but if you whiff on Collins and no trades materialize then I can see the logic (age and skill set) in doing that. But if it starts to get bigger money than that? Sa needs to walk away and save their money for a better fa/trade environment imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Atlanta S&T Collins to us for White or DJ. It gives them security against Huerter moving on and improves perimeter D. Hunter can fill Collins role and Johnson could be a longer term replacement if he pans out.
    I rather keep Derrick. It’s not a popular here, but Derrick is the better facilitator, and can get Collins (and Poeltl) going early. DJ gives the Hawks an elite defensive combo guard to compliment Trae who can tear the offense.

Also I don’t think DJ is align with Pop, for better or worse. He’s too out there, with his “meh” reaction on the pick, seen going against Pop in the huddle. I just have a feeling he’s one foot out of the door.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I have no idea what SA is going to do or the real market for him. I would be pretty upset if SA does a S&T for him and gives up assets.

If CHI is willing to give up a few picks in a S&T ok. But Sa shouldn’t be giving up anything to just get him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just me rationalizing the Primo pick but I wonder if Spurs don't already have a sign and trade for DeRozan set up that involves one of the players they passed at 12. Warriors took Moody at 14 (but seems like they were thrilled he slid), Wizards took Kispert at 15, and Clippers took Keon Johnson at 21.
    ya Spurs front office ain’t that creative

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People trust this front office with all this cap space? Oh boy.

Anyway, I think Collins stays in Atlanta.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People trust this front office with all this cap space? Oh boy.

Anyway, I think Collins stays in Atlanta.
    I don’t. Not one bit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather keep Derrick. It’s not a popular here, but Derrick is the better facilitator, and can get Collins (and Poeltl) going early. DJ gives the Hawks an elite defensive combo guard to compliment Trae who can tear the offense.

Also I don’t think DJ is align with Pop, for better or worse. He’s too out there, with his “meh” reaction on the pick, seen going against Pop in the huddle. I just have a feeling he’s one foot out of the door.
    Murray is a Klutch guy at the end of the day. They'll steer him out of San Antonio before long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I see in Atlanta is the further away they've gone from being a Collins-centric team, the better they've become. They've had more success giving other players more usage rate and having Collins be a 14/7 type of guy in the playoffs than they ever did with making him the #1 option as a 21/10 player. I think looking ahead Atlanta's much scarier with De'Andre Hunter at PF, Clint Capela at C, and Okongwu off the bench. Collins also off the bench would be incredible, but is that worthy of a max contract?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jarrett Allen free agent signing, then sign and trade DeRozan and White for Porzingis....problem solved.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I have no idea what SA is going to do or the real market for him. I would be pretty upset if SA does a S&T for him and gives up assets.

If CHI is willing to give up a few picks in a S&T ok. But Sa shouldn’t be giving up anything to just get him.
    Spurs have space. Why not sign him outright? Sign and trade seems too nice unless we have a piece we dont want anyway and would prefer cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Pacers accept that?
    Turner would be perfect, but they're not looking for a big. They got Sabonis and Bitadze as his backup.

White is the first guy I'd trade. He's a good player, but just can't stay healthy. I don't think PATFO will even consider trading DJ.
    I'd still like to see Lonnie get another season, Demar and Patty suffocated him over the past few years.

I just hope they don't go for Markkanen. Poor man's Porzingis. And KP isn't any good.
    I completely agree with everything you said. You got some good takes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri Markkanen would be a wreck.
    He plays terrible defense and he make White look like an Iron man regarding his health as the dude is made out of China

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just sign Kelly O or Bobby Portis to a larger than they deserve 1 year deal if you can’t get anyone that’s a real long term fit and difference maker.

Keep flexibility open for next year and beyond.

Portis is worth a two-year contract, if he can be restrained from killing anybody in practice. Lol. But seriously, Portis did well under pressure in the playoffs. That exact point isn’t for the Spurs to worry about, but Portis has some good ability. And he’s no guard. If Rudy has been worth $15 M/year - arguable I know - Portis would be worth 10 M/year on a 2 year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We signed another UDFA matt mic of sdsu....seems like a pretty decent signing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We signed another UDFA matt mic of sdsu....seems like a pretty decent signing
    A strongly built small forward who went to San Diego State and was born in Riverside, California? The ol' lightning might strike twice plan, I see

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A strongly built small forward who went to San Diego State and was born in Riverside, California? The ol' lightning might strike twice plan, I see
    “Measured 6’4.5” barefoot, 6’6.0” in shoes, 8’6.5” standing reach, 239.2 lbs, and 6’8.25” wingspan at the 2021 NBA G-League Elite Camp”

The Spurs love anyone 6’4” without shoes.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    what guards are available?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what guards are available?
    Bryn Forbes lol

Thread Information