Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, everyone hated Boylen and Markkanen was just one voice in the choir. As far as I could tell, Boylen was a terrible coach and deserved to get fired.

But, the point remains, will the Spurs really want to sign a player who's response to tough coaching was to run to the media? To get Markkanen, the Spurs will have to give him a sizeable contract. I just don't think he'd pass their background check, IMO.
    True. Question is, do you take him for 10-15 mill per? I think so, if the Spurs think he has some hidden defensive potential. Do you pay him more? , no! That's too much risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. Question is, do you take him for 10-15 mill per? I think so, if the Spurs think he has some hidden defensive potential. Do you pay him more? , no! That's too much risk.
    Chicago will match at that price. He’s restricted, and I think they offered him more than that on his extension.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago will match at that price. He’s restricted, and I think they offered him more than that on his extension.

I Think so, something between 15-20 and maybe chicago may not match but 10 it's the MLE he will take more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bulls are not going to match over $15mil for a player who:

1) averaged barely 10 pts since having Vucevic on the team. He has no hope of improving this since he will never have a bigger role than he does now
    2) is not happy being on the team
    3) if another team offers more than two years, the Bulls are not going to match that. Makes no sense when his value is getting lower by the day. The final outcome of that would be a buyout. The point of matching is to save value. Keeping Lauri brings negative value because his stock will never go up and they'll never find a trade partner if they couldn't get one this past trade deadline

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1) averaged barely 10 pts since having Vucevic on the team. He has no hope of improving this since he will never have a bigger role than he does now
    3) if another team offers more than two years, the Bulls are not going to match that. Makes no sense when his value is getting lower by the day. The final outcome of that would be a buyout. The point of matching is to save value. Keeping Lauri brings negative value because his stock will never go up and they'll never find a trade partner if they couldn't get one already

Yes but ragas was talking about 10-15 per year so that's not over 15. Like i said over 15 i also think they will not match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but ragas was talking about 10-15 per year so that's not over 15. Like i said over 15 i also think they will not match.
    I misread, but I'll say the Bulls don't even go higher than 13$mil. I think there's mutual disgust between the Bulls and Lauri.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I misread, but I'll say the Bulls don't even go higher than 13$mil. I think there's mutual disgust between the Bulls and Lauri.
    They match, and flip him later, as long as the amount isn’t too high. I think they offered him like $15-16 on his extension. They’ll go at least that high.

As long as it isn’t an overpay, they’ll match.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They match, and flip him later, as long as the amount isn’t too high. I think they offered him like $15-16 on his extension. They’ll go at least that high.

As long as it isn’t an overpay, they’ll match.
    Then we should put it to the test and make them match in that range.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the perfect guy and perfect time to do a contract that decreases over time. Something like 17,16,15,14. With how terrible the Spurs are right now he would easily be a top 2 player if DeRozan leaves. If he is utilized correctly, of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the perfect guy and perfect time to do a contract that decreases over time. Something like 17,16,15,14. With how terrible the Spurs are right now he would easily be a top 2 player if DeRozan leaves. If he is utilized correctly, of course.
    Chicago isn’t financially crunched. They just didn’t and don’t want to pay him $20M, and neither should we. When I was throwing out a number, I was using that as average annual. Yours is 15.5, and they’d match that, since that is at, or a little below what they offered as an extension.

Poor rebounder, poor defender, no thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago isn’t financially crunched. They just didn’t and don’t want to pay him $20M, and neither should we. When I was throwing out a number, I was using that as average annual. Yours is 15.5, and they’d match that, since that is at, or a little below what they offered as an extension.

Poor rebounder, poor defender, no thanks.
    Their situation then is different from their situation now. What they offered in the past doesn't matter in this context, especially considering his value is way less this offseason than it was last offseason because 1) he is a redundant piece and 2) he is in a reduced role and his performance did not meet their expectations coming into the 2020-2021 season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their situation then is different from their situation now. What they offered in the past doesn't matter in this context, especially considering his value is way less this offseason than it was last offseason because 1) he is a redundant piece and 2) he is in a reduced role and his performance did not meet their expectations coming into the 2020-2021 season.
    And if they sign someone with their capspace at something like 20 m, they will probably don't want markannen back at more than 15-17 mo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CHI would go after Lonzo or Dinwiddie per WOJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CHI would go after Lonzo or Dinwiddie per WOJ.
    I could def see that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago potentially has a ton of cap space, so I could see them matching a reasonable offer for Markkanen, if to only use him later as trade bait. The players I find interesting on the Bulls are Thad Young and Tomas Satoransky-- both have partially guaranteed contracts for next year, and the Bulls might view them as not essential to a future team built around Lavine and Vucevic. They are both net positive players (Young's surprisingly high), and I think they'd add very nice depth. Nabbing them in a trade would be a nice under-the-radar move, and an upgrade over Gay and Mills.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-19-2021 at 09:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago desperately need a PG and their cap math is going to be very difficult in the summer. There's Aminu's $10 mil player option and then they have to decide what to do with Satoransky's and Thad's partially guaranteed deals. They could convince Aminu to opt out and promise to sign him for a long term contract at less $ per year to get some additional cap space, but at the same time they'll very likely have to fully guarantee the other contracts, because they have very few players under contract in the first place. A lot depends on whether they luck into a top 4 draft pick as well.

I could definitely see them refusing to match a Markkanen offer that is even cheaper than expected , say $12-13 mil per. I can definitely see him going to Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t touch Lauri with a 10ft pole. Just throw Luka to the Wolves, see what he has and save yourself 15mm a year. We probably won’t be a playoff next year regardless.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richaun Holmes: 20+
    Tim Hardaway Jr: up to 20
    Spencer Dinwiddie : 15+
    Norman Powell: 20+

Bruce Brown, Alex Caruso, THT, Nerlens Noel : 12+

Devonte Graham: 13-16

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...g-huge-paydays

Powell and THJ are candidates to lessen the blow of losing DDR usage while modernizing the offense. I like Powell , super efficient on and off ball but a little undersized at 6'3 215.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 05-19-2021 at 10:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lmao wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if they sign someone with their capspace at something like 20 m, they will probably don't want markannen back at more than 15-17 mo.
    To do that, they’d have to renounce Markkanen, which changes everything. He would no longer be restricted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago potentially has a ton of cap space, so I could see them matching a reasonable offer for Markkanen, if to only use him later as trade bait. The players I find interesting on the Bulls are Thad Young and Tomas Satoransky-- both have partially guaranteed contracts for next year, and the Bulls might view them as not essential to a future team built around Lavine and Vucevic. They are both net positive players (Young's surprisingly high), and I think they'd add very nice depth. Nabbing them in a trade would be a nice under-the-radar move, and an upgrade over Gay and Mills.
    They don't have a ton of cap space, they could have a max of nearly 23 millions with renoucing everyone ( Markannen, Theis, Temple..) , i think theis will stay and that could climb to 32 m if they renounce to young or sato, unlikely imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $25M/yr for Allen? Geez

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They may be able to work out a sign and trade with Chicago... I am not particularly advocating for this. If they were to trade for someone Markkanen would not be my choice. I am just pointing out that it’s an avenue and Chicago might be enticed simply by the fact that Markkanen can turn into a distressed and devalued asset playing from the bench if that’s what they do. This summer might be the chance they have to get something for one of their past first round picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3) if another team offers more than two years, the Bulls are not going to match that. Makes no sense when his value is getting lower by the day. The final outcome of that would be a buyout. The point of matching is to save value. Keeping Lauri brings negative value because his stock will never go up and they'll never find a trade partner if they couldn't get one this past trade deadline
    100% agree. I see a sign and trade as more likely than matching. It’s in their interest to cooperate with his agent to find him a spot. Ultimately some team may just bypass that all together with an offer sheet and force their hand...

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reggie Bullock is someone that I hope the Spurs take a look at. He shot .410 from 3 this year and was pretty good defensively. However, I wonder if there was an under the table agreement between him and the Knicks during his last negotiations. Bullock agreed to a 2 year $21M deal then renegotiated down to 2 year $8M which gave them the space to sign Marcus Morris after he reneged with the Spurs. Hard to see someone giving away $13M unless they knew they were getting it back somehow.

Thread Information