Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather they keep Bates-Diop around and see if he can become a full - time contributor. He has the size, wingspan and defensive potential the team needs.

Wilson wasn't given many chances in Milwaukee, but he never showed enough for them to keep around.

I could see him staying in Houston and putting up decent - ish numbers on a bad team.
    Yeah, I like KBD more for the reasons you mentioned (along with the b-ball I.Q), but the athleticism, shooting range and the positional profile of Wilson have me intrigued.

In this transitional period of Spurs basketball, would be happy if they take a look at a variety of perhaps under valued/utilised young prospects whose best basketball is yet to come. Ideally they can compete with drafted prospects (in this case Samanich), for rotational PF minutes.

FWIW, D.J played his best ball of his career before missing the final 7-8 games of the season due to COVID protocols.
    Small sample size admittedly,
    Wilson had taken a larger role for the banged-up Rockets, averaging 12.8 points, 7.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.8 threes and 1.0 steals over his last four appearances.
    His by-possession career game against Denver during that stretch, you can see the good and bad here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor mill...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have not been impressed with Hawks’ Collins these playoffs. Don’t see why he deserves a max offer sheet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have not been impressed with Hawks’ Collins these playoffs. Don’t see why he deserves a max offer sheet.
    He doesn't but that's what it would take to get him. Hawks could actually afford to match and think about their cap situation in a year or two, with Young's extension as well, but they can manage it. Sometimes you have to overpay, better him at $28-30 mil per than a Markkanen type at $18-20.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing him more as a 4 recently, less pick and roll with Trae more spot ups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing him more as a 4 recently, less pick and roll with Trae more spot ups.
    It will be the same role here, which is why it's not smart to invest so much in that position unless it's a surefire star...which Collins isn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to invest the money in something, and I'd rather do so in an actualized All-Star than just re-signing guys to mid-sized deals. The NBA is not a place to money-ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is an actualized All-Star? ^

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Portis would be a great bench guy/temporary solution in that starting 4 spot. However I don't know why he would want to join a rebuilding team after signing to a contender.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Portis would be a great bench guy/temporary solution in that starting 4 spot. However I don't know why he would want to join a rebuilding team after signing to a contender.
    A huge payday might convince him, although he reportedly turned down 8 figures from NYK. Portis is playing mostly backup C for more than 2 years now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to invest the money in something, and I'd rather do so in an actualized All-Star than just re-signing guys to mid-sized deals. The NBA is not a place to money-ball.
    They are using him now as a 4th/5th option and it coincides with them winning more games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve liked Portis for a bit and I think Bud would co-sign the guy as being a good player and teammate to Pop and the front office if our team tried to sign him.

I honestly think the Bucks will try and keep him but if not, then the Spurs should most definitely try and sign him because he fits a need and will be relatively cheaper than other players his age and position.

Zach Collins is another guy who I hadn’t thought about until somebody posted about him that would be a good sneaky pickup also.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve liked Portis for a bit and I think Bud would co-sign the guy as being a good player and teammate to Pop and the front office if our team tried to sign him.

I honestly think the Bucks will try and keep him but if not, then the Spurs should most definitely try and sign him because he fits a need and will be relatively cheaper than other players his age and position.

Zach Collins is another guy who I hadn’t thought about until somebody posted about him that would be a good sneaky pickup also.
    Collins hasn't played basketball since the bubble last year cause of a fractured foot. We already got one guy with foot problems in Derrick. No thanks to another one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins hasn't played basketball since the bubble last year cause of a fractured foot. We already got one guy with foot problems in Derrick. No thanks to another one.
    It's not that clear cut...it's more nuanced than that... length of contract...price per year...that sort of thing... if you've got to pay top $ you absolutely pass...but if you can get a discount on a shorter contract then it's the type of gamble you've gotta take if you're the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SuperWoke Pop continues on as President of all things Spurs Basketball, would a WNBA player be taken after Becky is named head coach?

As a marketing play and to show how super progressive and woke the team is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazer bigs are cursed

hard pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland's one of those teams I look at and think it's just never gonna happen. A back court of 6'2" and 6'3" guys along with a 6'3" Norman Powell, and an old school unswitchable center, plus Carmelo off the bench?? It's like their front office is mad at the very concept of defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that clear cut...it's more nuanced than that... length of contract...price per year...that sort of thing... if you've got to pay top $ you absolutely pass...but if you can get a discount on a shorter contract then it's the type of gamble you've gotta take if you're the Spurs.
    When a guy hasn't played basketball for over a year due to foot injuries, it's not really nuanced at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a guy hasn't played basketball for over a year due to foot injuries, it's not really nuanced at all.
    Yea...it really is...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs need a alpha scorer whose not afraid to shoot theball, could gaf about fg%

mccollum can shoot anywhere on the floor, but his just to damn inconsistent when it really matters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still on the Tim Hardaway Jr. bandwagon.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still on the Tim Hardaway Jr. bandwagon.
    Hardaway Walker and Tre Jones off the bench with someone like Kai Jones would be nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass on Hardaway for me, playing with Doncic this is the best you’ll ever see him play. I’d rather see Vassell get a lot of burn for better or worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't necessarily think Hardaway is a man made by Doncic-- he takes shots with hands in his face. He's a ballsy player. I think he's sort of like Harrison Barnes in a way. And like Barnes, he will be overpaid like crazy this offseason.

Thread Information