Post Count
    3 Days until Free Agency begins...

7 Days until Free Agents can be signed!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 Days until Free Agency begins...

7 Days until Free Agents can be signed!
    Oh wow... I wonder what exciting surprise Brian Wrong have stored for us??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few things I do/do not want to see:

1) No DDR, Rudy or Mills being brought back. At any cost.

2) A S&T for DDR to hopefully get a decent asset (extra pick). This is assuming SA wouldn’t be using whatever cap space that takes anyways. Of course if there is a trade or guy you love in FA do that first. But I am assuming that is not the case as they could sign Collins (for example) to a max deal and still take on a Kuzma for DeRozan in a S&T

3) If you can’t land someone like Collins, or land a true impact (fits with the timeline age) player, then just sign one year deals. Spurs aren’t contending barring something crazy and if you can’t get a “real” FA dont just waste money. Keep flexible for a better FA class or trades

4) Make a trade: Too many guards and Spurs need to show some direction here.

5) Avoid going all in for someone like Ben Simmons if the cost remains anything close to reports. Part of the benefit of having tons of cap space and all your picks is you can pounce on a great opportunity. Ben Simmons is worth a look, but unless it’s a player truly worth giving the farm up for, dont do it just to do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh wow... I wonder what exciting surprise Brian Wrong have stored for us??
    Now that we found our missing piece in the Lottery (!!), re-sign all the vets to max deals…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hope is that the DeRozen to WAS rumor has legs. A Deni + Kuz swap would be a great outcome for Spurs.

The pieces of the puzzle are still there after last night:

- WAS and DDR rumored mutual interest
    - Kuz interest from Spurs, now with WAS
    - Spurs interest in Deni last year
    - Beal wants to stay in WAS, so pressure to get him star level help
    - despite unloading Brick, WAS would still need to do a S&T for DDR
    - Kuz/Deni/non-guaranteed deals get you close to the 20M DDR seeks

Spurs still have good chunk of change to round out roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Murray, Jakob, Vassell, 4 future first round picks for Ben Simmons, sign John Collins:

White/Jones
    Walker/Primo
    Keldon/Wieskamp
    Simmons/Luka
    Collins/Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no way Wash gives up deni after one year, we’d end with Bertans again lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no way Wash gives up deni after one year, we’d end with Bertans again lol
    Well, theoretically they have to give up some asset to entice us to take on Kuz or Bertans. So, it stands to reason that it'd be Deni, Rui, or a future 1st. I think it would be Deni and they replace him with Kispert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few things I do/do not want to see:

1) No DDR, Rudy or Mills being brought back. At any cost.

2) A S&T for DDR to hopefully get a decent asset (extra pick). This is assuming SA wouldn’t be using whatever cap space that takes anyways. Of course if there is a trade or guy you love in FA do that first. But I am assuming that is not the case as they could sign Collins (for example) to a max deal and still take on a Kuzma for DeRozan in a S&T

3) If you can’t land someone like Collins, or land a true impact (fits with the timeline age) player, then just sign one year deals. Spurs aren’t contending barring something crazy and if you can’t get a “real” FA dont just waste money. Keep flexible for a better FA class or trades

4) Make a trade: Too many guards and Spurs need to show some direction here.

5) Avoid going all in for someone like Ben Simmons if the cost remains anything close to reports. Part of the benefit of having tons of cap space and all your picks is you can pounce on a great opportunity. Ben Simmons is worth a look, but unless it’s a player truly worth giving the farm up for, dont do it just to do it.
    1. We 100% bring back Patty I think, regardless of how I feel. I just hope we don't bring DDR/Gay back. I actually think we can live with bringing just Patty back.

2. At this point I think DDR just walks or God-forbid resigns.

3. Completely agree with this, but I'm worried we'll sign some scrub on the wing for a few years.

4. I probably stay put for now, it doesn't hurt to wait and see who really develops.

5. 100% agreed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many more days?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well they signed udfa G Justin Turner....now we have 20 guards on the team after last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know John Collins is the guy most people want, but I do kinda feel like Lauri Markkanen is a better fit with the team tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now I guess the Hawks can move on from John Collins

Hey I wanted Jalen (he’s still 25 million cheaper) but heck if that brings us Collins, that's a consolation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here are completely ignoring the fact that DeRozan would have to agree on going to Washington
    I don’t think he’d want to play there. He’s obviously trying to compete for a le, so maybe the Clippers are still on the table although I wouldn’t want any of their players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here are completely ignoring the fact that DeRozan would have to agree on going to Washington
    I don’t think he’d want to play there. He’s obviously trying to compete for a le, so maybe the Clippers are still on the table although I wouldn’t want any of their players
    I believe he's already said he's interested in Washington. But that was before the Westbrook trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just me rationalizing the Primo pick but I wonder if Spurs don't already have a sign and trade for DeRozan set up that involves one of the players they passed at 12. Warriors took Moody at 14 (but seems like they were thrilled he slid), Wizards took Kispert at 15, and Clippers took Keon Johnson at 21.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just me rationalizing the Primo pick but I wonder if Spurs don't already have a sign and trade for DeRozan set up that involves one of the players they passed at 12. Warriors took Moody at 14 (but seems like they were thrilled he slid), Wizards took Kispert at 15, and Clippers took Keon Johnson at 21.
    Hope springs eternal, doesn't it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe he's already said he's interested in Washington. But that was before the Westbrook trade.
    He fits better after the trade... Washington could have a lineup of

Holiday, Neto
    Beal, KCP
    Demar, Kispert
    Kuz,Rui
    Bryant, trez, gafford

That's a good bit better than last year...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, that tweet was someone else saying he's said he's interested in Washington.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible they have a S&T on the horizon and/or a trade of White of DJ but I don't think any of that impacted their draft decisions... they took what they saw as BPA... I think they were others that were better but, this was their board....so here we are..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's use this as the free agency thread
    Trade Poeltl and LWIV for Myles Turner
    Sign John Collins

PG Murray, Tre Jones,
    SG. White, Vassel, Primo
    SF KJ, Bates-Diop, Weiskamp
    PF Collins, Samanic
    C. Turner, Dieng, Eubanks

Plus Free agent pickups or Derozan S&T

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Hawks taking Jalen Johnson is telling that Hawks could lose Collins, and gives us a little hope to acquire him. Now it’s up to PATFO to determine if he’s a max player, AND Collins wanting to play for the Spurs. I think he would like a PG who could serve him the ball though. He gets a lot from ally-ops, and that’s not DJ’s game, even not as much but likely Derrick or even better Trae.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Poeltl and LWIV for Myles Turner
    Sign John Collins

PG Murray, Tre Jones,
    SG. White, Vassel, Primo
    SF KJ, Bates-Diop, Weiskamp
    PF Collins, Samanic
    C. Turner, Dieng, Eubanks

Plus Free agent pickups or Derozan S&T
    Why would the Pacers accept that?
    Turner would be perfect, but they're not looking for a big. They got Sabonis and Bitadze as his backup.

White is the first guy I'd trade. He's a good player, but just can't stay healthy. I don't think PATFO will even consider trading DJ.
    I'd still like to see Lonnie get another season, Demar and Patty suffocated him over the past few years.

I just hope they don't go for Markkanen. Poor man's Porzingis. And KP isn't any good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Hawks taking Jalen Johnson is telling that Hawks could lose Collins, and gives us a little hope to acquire him. Now it’s up to PATFO to determine if he’s a max player, AND Collins wanting to play for the Spurs. I think he would like a PG who could serve him the ball though. He gets a lot from ally-ops, and that’s not DJ’s game, even not as much but likely Derrick or even better Trae.
    I could see Atlanta S&T Collins to us for White or DJ. It gives them security against Huerter moving on and improves perimeter D. Hunter can fill Collins role and Johnson could be a longer term replacement if he pans out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know John Collins is the guy most people want, but I do kinda feel like Lauri Markkanen is a better fit with the team tbh
    He’s a terrible fit. He can’t defend the 4 or the 5. Think: Late LaMarcus level bad defense.

Thread Information