Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Latest intriguing rumors: SA is working out S&T DeRozen with Warriors for Oubre Jr. plus Kuminga and picks. It songs too good to be real, let’s not spoil it.
    Not sure this works, but I assume for Kuminga and picks they also want to unload Wiggins

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden State can't receive any player in a sign-and-trade as they're above the apron.
    Could they get around if they did two separate transactions?

- first, move Wiggins for Kuminga/picks package

- then after waiving all their remaining non-guaranteed deals to get under apron, transact the sign and trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota would be perfect for Markkanen. A nowhere franchise signing a guy who will do nothing to help them win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the Kuminga trade was shown to be a joke from a fake Woj tweet, not gonna happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota would be perfect for Markkanen. A nowhere franchise signing a guy who will do nothing to help them win.
    This

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whew. Seeing this article gives me confidence we won’t sign him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For same money, I’d rather have the Zach Collins reclamation project.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the Kuminga trade was shown to be a joke from a fake Woj tweet, not gonna happen.
    Cool.

I do think if Spurs whiff on free agents, that they should serious explore the “Wiggins for assets” route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope we get Lauri Markkanen, I’ve been watching clips of him and I forgot how bad some of the bulls teams were that he’s been with lol I think he still has room to improve

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could they get around if they did two separate transactions?

- first, move Wiggins for Kuminga/picks package

- then after waiving all their remaining non-guaranteed deals to get under apron, transact the sign and trade?
    no

Apron is about 139.

Just Curry, Green, Thompson, Wiseman, JTA, Poole, Paschall, Moody, Looney gets them to about 130, and that's without Wiggins or Kuminga or any trade for DeRozan. And sign-and-trade that when completed takes a team over the apron can't happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

Apron is about 139.

Just Curry, Green, Thompson, Wiseman, JTA, Poole, Paschall, Moody, Looney gets them to about 130, and that's without Wiggins or Kuminga or any trade for DeRozan. And sign-and-trade that when completed takes a team over the apron can't happen.
    Yup...if they wanted to trade with us they'd be after DJ/White or both...that's a big if...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup...if they wanted to trade with us they'd be after DJ/White or both...that's a big if...
    Thanks. I think in that case, you still have to look at it. Essentially, what’s the price for Murray/White + massive tax/cap relief by taking Wiggins?

Ideally you can also do a separate DDR deal too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are really low on Markannen's offense, he is a really good 3 pts shooter and he can do other things. I'm ok for the lack of defense but i think he could be really good in SA ( for the right price).

CGD Zach Collins really ? He played 11 games in 2 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are really low on Markannen's offense, he is a really good 3 pts shooter and he can do other things. I'm ok for the lack of defense but i think he could be really good in SA ( for the right price).

CGD Zach Collins really ? He played 11 games in 2 years.
    Im assuming Marrkanen isn’t getting more than 10m (12m max) starting, so I’d be ok with Zach around 9m. So yeah, I do that.

Lauri’s is a story of “when betting on yourself goes wrong.” I don’t see him getting the deal starting at 15m he passed up last year. Dummy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I’ll be wrong but I think Lauri will still get between 15-18 mill per year lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. I think in that case, you still have to look at it. Essentially, what’s the price for Murray/White + massive tax/cap relief by taking Wiggins?

Ideally you can also do a separate DDR deal too.
    It's hard to say what the proce would be but, theoretically if they wanted both white and DJ I'd want Kuminga and Moody at a minimum and either Wiseman or future 1st if I were taking wiggins. If they wanted just one of DJ or White (so they could reduce their tax more) I'd want kuminga and Wiseman.

I know whote or DJ isn't worth that in a vacuum bit, the tax savings of taking wiggins justify it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I’ll be wrong but I think Lauri will still get between 15-18 mill per year lol
    At 10-12 chicago can match easily and trade him, i think the same he will get something in the 15-20 range.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 10-12 chicago can match easily and trade him, i think the same he will get something in the 15-20 range.
    The hope is that they sign Ball and renounce Lauri...even then I think we are looking at a minimum of $15M/yr on him..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hope is that they sign Ball and renounce Lauri...even then I think we are looking at a minimum of $15M/yr on him..
    +1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people want this guy we in a rebuild and this guy is made out of glass and could not take being benched? He does nothing for us short or long term I would be OK signing him to a 1 year deal but nothing more then that as we are not close to being a good team - Would rather keep Rudy for one more year and have Luka start and at least see what we have with him

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope we get Lauri Markkanen, I’ve been watching clips of him and I forgot how bad some of the bulls teams were that he’s been with lol I think he still has room to improve
    I wouldn’t want to give any assets for him outside S&T DDR. I see no reason to accommodate higher money for Lauri plus give an asset like White or Lonnie to make it happen. That would be horrible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to say what the proce would be but, theoretically if they wanted both white and DJ I'd want Kuminga and Moody at a minimum and either Wiseman or future 1st if I were taking wiggins. If they wanted just one of DJ or White (so they could reduce their tax more) I'd want kuminga and Wiseman.

I know whote or DJ isn't worth that in a vacuum bit, the tax savings of taking wiggins justify it.
    Agree. With Collins seemingly coming off the board and seeing rest of the options out there, Im increasingly of mind that working something out with GSW should be near the top of the list of “plays” that should be made.

The other way to look at is:

1. Is picking up Lauri + another FA like Oubre really the better play? Sure we eat Wiggins deal for 2 more years, but do either of those guys make us that much better over the same period? Doubt it.

2. Is overpaying Zach Collins + getting a few other “distressed assets” here and there better?

3. Is the cost of getting Simmons really worth it given his limitation?

The only other play that appeals to me more is something around a DDR S&T (come on Wizards!), but there is too much smoke are DDR taking Lakers MLE to ignore. Then there is the Knicks, with all that space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors value Wiggins more than most and wouldn't salary dump him with young assets for a poor fit like DeRozan.

They'll wait out a better win now move, even if it takes up until the trade deadline to consummate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons price is very low. Total costs: 5 Primos. �� only

Thread Information