Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like an interesting prospect. Are we gonna get dibs on getting a first look/actually signing him or what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is he'll do it on the Spurs' dime then go sign with the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, no. They couldn’t waive him fast enough. He’s a dumbass who’s already played his way out of the league once. Spurs would not let a non contract player use their facilities during the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might be. They are still paying him after all. If Chriss legit needs rehabbing, I can totally imagine the Spurs being willing to provide it for him. If he's not there it's more likely by his choice rather than the Spurs kicking him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might be. They are still paying him after all. If Chriss legit needs rehabbing, I can totally imagine the Spurs being willing to provide it for him. If he's not there it's more likely by his choice rather than the Spurs kicking him out.
    Technically not true. He’s been paid out in full. If he were still being paid, he’d be occupying a roster spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically not true. He’s been paid out in full. If he were still being paid, he’d be occupying a roster spot.
    Plenty of players are still getting paid who are not on rosters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even close to true. That's never been the way it works, but nowadays, payment from contracts are automatically stretched (even if the cap hits aren't) so players every year are paid by teams that they don't play for. Like the Spurs will be writing Carroll checks for fours seasons after this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be more exact, from what I've seen in the CBAFAQ, a lump-sum payment isn't an option. Contracts are paid monthly or bi-monthly or a 12- or 18-month period. You can change this during a buyout, but you can't change it to an option that's not one of the ones I just said. When you just waive a player, the schedule doesn't change at all. I think for some people the term "buyout" suggests a big cash payment to end a contract. If means that in some cases, but in the NBA, it never does. LMA didn't get a check for $1.5 Million when he left the team. Rather, he'll continue to received the rest of his checks on whatever schedule, but the amount he'll get will be reduced by 83 percent. Carroll will get (semi)monthly checks for four more years. Chriss will get checks twice a month through this October.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I checked Marquese's intsa & twitter accounts & the rest of the internetz, but couldn't find any info about where he is or whether or not he's rehabbing at the Spurs facility.
    All I could find was a post of him in a walking boot, taking his first actual steps a few weeks after surgery. I always like to follow the progress of players with this injury because I had the exact same injury-- fractured fibula and torn syndesmosis ligament. The surgery was pretty fascinating-- The doc installed a device called a syndesmosis Tightrope implant, where a hole is drilled straight through the ankle and a wire with an end piece like a tiny screw washer is pushed through and then tightened. After the surgery I watched a version of the same operation on youtube, which was pretty freaky. A screw was placed up a little higher above the ankle to stabilize it, which was later removed in a quick follow up procedure, but the wire stays in there.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 04-20-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Thread Information