Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flopovich doesn't recognize it, but this starting line up doesn't work. They need at least another 3-point shooter out there (besides White). Bench Keldon and play Vassell or Walker (I'd prefer Vassell).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a "playvassell" or "startvassell" account yet?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassel can't play for Pop yet, he hasn't completely lost confidence and shown maximum hesitancy. That's the first step to getting over oneself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a perfect world you bench Derozan, but he’d melt down if that happened and pop is to much of a pussy to do that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Objective being on point. Doesn’t even need a blue font.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a "playvassell" or "startvassell" account yet?
    Need that DeJuan Blair account guy to show back up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That require Pop to think outside the box for once. A concept lost on the old man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? So we can start winning? Keep the clogged toilet starting lineup offense, swiss cheese defense and overplaying Rudy and Patty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? So we can start winning? Keep the clogged toilet starting lineup offense, swiss cheese defense and overplaying Rudy and Patty

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dropped att/bally. very unpleasant to watch spurs, and how ed up are the to be so bad at ATT? psychos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would have happened had DeRozan been moved. We would have such a more balanced lineup right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would have happened had DeRozan been moved. We would have such a more balanced lineup right now.
    Should had happened when White was out and Lonnie was stinking it up in the starting lineup but it wouldn’t be fair to others because Vassell is a rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, where is the play Vassell thread first!?!.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta sit, then crawl and maybe walk when you’re getting coach by Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as this team is sniffing the playoffs the trio remains

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s all CIA Pop and his Covert tanking we all Good.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bench White & start Vassell.... next year. Tank this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting Vassell is definitely the solution to all our problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bench Murray & start Vassell.... next year. Tank this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell has to feel at least a little confounded by the whole situation. He had the best game of his NBA career against Indy while three vets rested, and played 25 minutes-- 8 more than his season average of just under 17 mpg-- and then in the next game got zero minutes through three quarters. In the fourth quarter, up 16 with 10 minutes to go, he still doesn't get on the floor. Up 17 with 9 minutes to go...nope, still no Vassell. Up 17 with 8 minutes to go, up 17 with 7 minutes left, up 17 with 6 minutes to go, up 20 with 5 minutes left... still no Vassell. It's not until there's 3:36 left in the game that Pop finally subs him in. The whole thing just felt like an oddly passive aggressive move against a rookie doing everything expected of him and more. There's no way Vassell goes to bed that night feeling inspired and energized to be a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell has to feel at least a little confounded by the whole situation. He had the best game of his NBA career against Indy while three vets rested, and played 25 minutes-- 8 more than his season average of just under 17 mpg-- and then in the next game got zero minutes through three quarters. In the fourth quarter, up 16 with 10 minutes to go, he still doesn't get on the floor. Up 17 with 9 minutes to go...nope, still no Vassell. Up 17 with 8 minutes to go, up 17 with 7 minutes left, up 17 with 6 minutes to go, up 20 with 5 minutes left... still no Vassell. It's not until there's 3:36 left in the game that Pop finally subs him in. The whole thing just felt like an oddly passive aggressive move against a rookie doing everything expected of him and more. There's no way Vassell goes to bed that night feeling inspired and energized to be a Spur.
    Out of all the players I've seen in a while, Vassell is someone with the least ego. He's a true character guy and he's always pumped on the bench, especially tonight where he had a huge smile on the bench. Let's not create drama when there isn't any. As bad as us fans want to see them play, these guys are professionals and are likely told beforehand what their plan is for them. A lot goes behind the scenes, and they probably spend so much time with him going over film and working on his body. The only person I truly see that's unhappy is Trey Lyles whenever I see him on the bench, and it's pretty obvious why.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-22-2021 at 03:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of all the players I've seen in a while, Vassell is someone with the least ego. He's a true character guy and he's always pumped on the bench, especially tonight where he has a huge smile on the bench. Let's not create drama when there isn't any. As bad as us fans want to see them play, these guys are professionals and are likely told beforehand what their plan is for them. A lot goes behind the scenes, and they probably spend so much time with him going over film and working on his body. The only person I truly see that's unhappy is Trey Lyles whenever I see him on the bench, and it's pretty obvious why.

I don't question Vassell's ego/character/maturity one bit. There were a handful of posters who said, "watch, after Vassell's great game, I bet Pop hardly plays him at all in the next game" and that's exactly what happened. Why would fans who have experience watching the Spurs play make that prediction? Because it's happened before. It's become predictable. I don't doubt Vassell's ability to handle it-- I question why he should be dealing with it in the first place at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop knows what he is doing is stupid... But he does it because it goes against conventional wisdom... If he goes against conventional wisdom and wins, he looks like a genius (soft of like benching ur hall of fame player and elite defender and rebounder on the final play to win an nba championship)... Why do we downplay the fact that Pop can be a great guy, but he can also have an ego... Both things can be true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, play Vassel and bench who? DeMar, Lonnie, Derrick, Keldon, DJ?

Thread Information