Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This changes everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did watch the video. The cop approached the gathering like a timid little pussy and resorted to shooting as his first action because police departments spend far more time playing with guns than training on de-escalation or showing some semblance of control in situations like these.
    In that video, he had tons of de-escalation time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This changes everything.
    points of contrast, nothing more.

does Ohio have a castle doctrine? funny that never came up yet.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In that video, he had tons of de-escalation time.
    But he had plenty of time to decide that this person needed to be shot four times.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Run of the mill fights.
    Just because they exist outside of your scope of reality doesn't mean they don't exist. It may surprise you to learn that people with a knife in a fight are far more frequently looking for intimidation or separation than they are looking to stab someone. Now proceed with more emoji rebuttals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasn't the set up that a person assaulted/threatened on her own property called the cops for help?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    wasn't the set up that a person assaulted/threatened on her own property called the cops for help?
    That's correct. Now try to imagine this scenario playing out with an old man bringing his shotgun to the porch to disperse the teenagers on his driveway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he had plenty of time to decide that this person needed to be shot four times.
    Luckily, just enough time to save girl in pink from that fat knife-wielding beast.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Luckily, just enough time to save girl in pink from that fat knife-wielding beast.
    So edgy. Big tough guy defense for a small pussy cop who couldn't grab the fat knife wielding beast when she was 3 ft from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The person who called the cops in the first place, because she was being attacked at her own house.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's correct. Now try to imagine this scenario playing out with an old man bringing his shotgun to the porch to disperse the teenagers on his driveway.
    Hint: More people would be asking what those people were doing on his driveway in the first place. A question that has yet to be asked in this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seen it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So edgy. Big tough guy defense for a small pussy cop who couldn't grab the fat knife wielding beast when she was 3 ft from him.

You are such a re .

Watch the video

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm dead serious. Imagine the scenario. An old white man calls the police because there are a bunch of teenagers loitering on his driveway. When the police arrive he is confronting those teenagers with a shotgun pointed at them, which I think we can all agree is more threatening than a knife.

The cop shoots the old man four times. What's the conservative response in this scenario? How many segments are Fox News and NRA TV devoting to that gun rights and self defense martyr? You know it's true.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

You are such a re .

Watch the video
    I did watch it. It's obvious that you're projecting your own fears and insecurities on this cop. And he may very well be just as frightened and inept as you would have been in this situation, but I think we should expect more from law enforcement and from their training than a DarrinS level of confrontation control.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When these two assholes are the voice of reason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ohio does have a castle doctrine law

“A person who lawfully is in that person’s residence has no duty to retreat before using force in self-defense, defense of another, or defensive of that person’s residence, and a person who lawfully is an occupant of that person’s vehicle or who lawfully is an occupant in a vehicle owned by an immediate family member of the person has no duty to retreat before using force in self-defense or defensive of another.”
    A person is presumed to have acted in self-defense or defense of another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if the person against whom the defensive force is used is in the process of unlawfully and without privilege to do so entering, or has unlawfully and without privilege to do so entered, the residence or vehicle occupied by the person using the defensive force.
    https://www.uslawshield.com/defining...astle-in-ohio/

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You can't have your gun pointing at ing teenagers bro for loitering.
    I didn't say you could. I'm just saying the narrative would be a lot different, even though that's objectively a more life threatening situation.

Do you think in this hypothetical scenario that the old man is likely going to shoot the teenagers?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    When these two assholes are the voice of reason

I saw three assholes in that video. Lol Trump cult newsbusters. Guessing the abrupt end to that video was so they could cut out any commentary that wouldn't be so easily digested by people like you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And how does that apply here?
    no duty to retreat from intruders, diminished liability for lethal force defending oneself and one's property against the same, it seems to me.

i'm not a lawyer, these citations may not be germane.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The girl yells I'm going to stab the out of you while she was motioning downwards to stab in front of cops before getting shot the up.
    Yes you've made it clear that your lack of experience with real world conflict causes you to believe this literally means she was about to stab the other person in front of all of those people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes you've made it clear that your lack of experience with real world conflict causes you to believe this literally means she was about to stab the other person in front of all of those people.
    Literally in the act, when she was shot.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Literally in the act, when she was shot.
    That's not correct. A majority of incidents where someone is holding a knife above their head in a threatening way do not end with that knife stabbing someone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a tough one tbh. Could the cop have done things differently? I believe so, but if it was my child that was about to get stabbed in the neck I don't believe I'd be all that upset over the attacker being taken out by police. It's just a sad situation all around, there are no winners here. If anyone is to blame it's the two adult idiots escalating the situation instead of trying to find a peaceful resolution. Also, how in the do you not stop whatever you're doing when the cops show up? What in the world was she thinking that she thought it'd be a good idea to try and stab two people in front of law enforcement? Like what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not correct. A majority of incidents where someone is holding a knife above their head in a threatening way do not end with that knife stabbing someone.
    Still hasn't watched the video

Thread Information