1 16.67%
  • Present (like a bitch)

0 0%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a public service, amirite?
    You're not an astroturfer, derp... you do and say dumb stuff all the time very naturally, but it's largely about trying to stand out and managing that OCD, tbh...

I don't actually drown your threads in longcats, so that's never been about you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually read the whole thread and then watched the video.. I still agree with Lambert that even if she connected there's actually little likelihood she would kill anyone, and that police should have a higher standard before they preemptively kill someone but the situation was very chaotic, nobody even acknowledged the police and within seconds of arriving to the scene the officer is placed in a very difficult position. Its hard to fault the officer for his reaction because he had so little context of what was happening, for all he knew pink was the one who called for help. The only other plausible course of action for the police was for them to recognize that there were a lot of people fighting and approach with warning shots and larger numbers (apparently there were more cops coming from the other side but as I said it appears nobody even notices them). Still, this rarely happens in other countries, a few because the police are better trained and most because they dont bother to show up...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad. Just like Tamir Rice. Cops see black skin and immediately go into kill mode. The fact that these are children doesn't register...they.must.kill. Like most fights involving children, they are chaotic and the fact the young lady was being jumped by a group of kids, her protecting herself with a knife was her way of preserving her life in her mind. Is self defense a crime now? Or is that just a luxury for non blacks? Seems when blacks have a weapon or a perceived weapon in hand, we get killed within seconds, Tamar, Makiah, Philando and John Crawford come to mind.
    It's like Adam Lambert said, they're trained that way so they can use it as an excuse afterwards.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It's like Adam Lambert said, they're trained that way so they can use it as an excuse afterwards.
    They are trained that way because it is backed by data. Don't like the data? Help them change their culture. You are doing them a disservice by making excuses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People were just walking by.

So puny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are trained that way because it is backed by data. Don't like the data? Help them change their culture. You are doing them a disservice by making excuses.
    Data, huh?

Are you a sociologist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not applicable. Don't know why you keep bringing it up.
    it's the law in Ohio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolute worst case scenario is the cops don't intervene at all and she does stab the girl in pink. And if it even made the news, most people would be blaming the victim for trespassing.
    Cop shouldn’t stop attempted murder in front of him because people will just blame the murderer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol a wild pokemon nothing to see here

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not an astroturfer, derp... you do and say dumb stuff all the time very naturally, but it's largely about trying to stand out and managing that OCD, tbh...

I don't actually drown your threads in longcats, so that's never been about you.
    I've seen Cosmored engage in conversation; and you still come a spam bombing.

You look like a person who's afraid of truth; probably because you are.

And no doubt my based takes hurt you as well. You want to make it about me, rather than them b/c avoiding hard looks is better for you.

And that doesn't bother me; because when you're not doing that you tend to just be BS'ing for those outlined reasons anyhow.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People were just walking by.

So puny.
    INNOCENTS!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cop shouldn’t stop attempted murder in front of him because people will just blame the murderer?
    That's the road that Sadbert and other s are trying to push the cops towards.

Frankly, some cops have probably already calculated to do so. How many cops get in trouble for not shooting?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She was within 3 ft of him after pushing the first girl, and instead of trying to restrain her he pulled his gun out. This guy acted like he doesn't know the first thing about de-escalation. That may not be his fault... it's probably ty training.
    it's the corrupt, racist culture of law enforcement that hires anybody with minimal vetting, a LE that is official govt expression of American's foundational racism.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That comment wasn't an argument for or against intervention, just an observation about how we shift blame depending on the parties involved.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look how far away she was holding the knife to avoid an accidental stabbing as she was freeing the little dog that was being held hostage

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look how far away she was holding the knife to avoid an accidental stabbing as she was freeing the little dog that was being held hostage
    Looks like a windup to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is a 6 time ST MVP is a celebrity?
    ST awards? Lmao Those are meaningless and worth jack .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, if you're looking for the next martyr/pawn for "the cause", she ain't it.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's grim business...and perhaps he could have taken other action...but...yeah.

I can't find any other motivation here than he trying to save a life. If he shot her because she was black, then he might as well hesitate and let her stab the other girl a few times first so he could get two for one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST awards? Lmao Those are meaningless and worth jack .
    i wonder if derp is going to stand for this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In baseball the objective is to hit the ball.

In knife-wielding while trying to get people off of your property, the objective is rarely to stab someone.
    ^Someone who never had self defense training.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually read the whole thread and then watched the video.. I still agree with Lambert that even if she connected there's actually little likelihood she would kill anyone, and that police should have a higher standard before they preemptively kill someone but the situation was very chaotic, nobody even acknowledged the police and within seconds of arriving to the scene the officer is placed in a very difficult position. Its hard to fault the officer for his reaction because he had so little context of what was happening, for all he knew pink was the one who called for help. The only other plausible course of action for the police was for them to recognize that there were a lot of people fighting and approach with warning shots and larger numbers (apparently there were more cops coming from the other side but as I said it appears nobody even notices them). Still, this rarely happens in other countries, a few because the police are better trained and most because they dont bother to show up...
    There are never warning shots. It's a good shoot, but still a ty outcome overall.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Someone who never had self defense training.
    Maybe you should train him.

Thread Information