My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celebrity opinions mean jack tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cops should not use lethal force in response to a crime that has not yet been committed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cops should not use lethal force in response to a crime that has not yet been committed.
    i dno, i feel like charging toward somebody with a knife is sufficient to trigger some action by the officer. if they stood back and somebody got stabbed and eventually died of those wounds, it would also be a pretty bad look.

this situation was tough, but imo it was a reasonable enough judgment call given the situation where i dont think there should be any criminal liability.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celebrity opinions mean jack tbh
    Is a 6 time ST MVP is a celebrity?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the cop thought he was using his taser, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cop made the right call

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i dno, i feel like charging toward somebody with a knife is sufficient to trigger some action by the officer. if they stood back and somebody got stabbed and eventually died of those wounds, it would also be a pretty bad look.

this situation was tough, but imo it was a reasonable enough judgment call given the situation where i dont think there should be any criminal liability.
    There is an entire spectrum of actions he could have taken between doing nothing and shooting to kill. I don't know why he even had his weapon drawn in the first place. (Well, I do, actually.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is an entire spectrum of actions he could have taken between doing nothing and shooting to kill.
    when somebody with a knife is already within arm's reach of the would-be victim?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    when somebody with a knife is already within arm's reach of the would-be victim?
    She was within 3 ft of him after pushing the first girl, and instead of trying to restrain her he pulled his gun out. This guy acted like he doesn't know the first thing about de-escalation. That may not be his fault... it's probably ty training.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's no Chauvin, but it's another of too many examples of cops with itchy trigger fingers. I give him some credit for trying to protect someone other than himself. Sadly it could have been any number of other cops that did the same thing, and that's more of an indictment on the system than on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She was within 3 ft of him after pushing the first girl, and instead of trying to restrain her he pulled his gun out. This guy acted like he doesn't know the first thing about de-escalation. That may not be his fault... it's probably ty training.
    ah gotcha. yeah i dont disagree that he could have done things differently. i was looking more at the moment of shooting, in that because somebody else's life was in danger, it was justified.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You can get stabbed like 10 times in 3 seconds. Don't ing stab no one and you won't get ing shot. What happened to accountability?
    She didn't stab anyone. And you don't know that she intended to.

Is it illegal to carry a knife to a confrontation happening outside of your house? If you then get into a physical confrontation while holding that knife, are you definitely going to stab the other person? Are you fair game to be shot by a cop in that situation?

Furthermore, try to imagine this happening if the situation was exactly the same except it involves white people fighting outside of a bar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She didn't stab anyone. And you don't know that she intended to.

Is it illegal to carry a knife to a confrontation happening outside of your house? If you then get into a physical confrontation while holding that knife, are you definitely going to stab the other person?
    besides the loud yelling of "ima stab the out of you " when the officer was in earshot (assuming it was her that shouted it)

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    besides the loud yelling of "ima stab the out of you " when the officer was in earshot (assuming it was her that shouted it)
    I find it entirely more likely that she was just trying to scare or intimidate the other person. I find it highly unlikely that she intended to stab another person to death in front of a dozen other people. But we'll never know, because she won't get her day in court. Oh well.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Based on the information I’ve read and seen, I’d lean towards him having a reasonable response to the situation. I’d call it short of an appropriate response because quite frankly I don’t know what standard police protocol is in that situation, and I don’t know whether there was a non lethal action that could have absolutely prevented a stabbing. There is a fair argument that he could have shot to injure or used a taser and the girl still could have successfully stabbed and killed the other girl. I just would have preferred no one would have had to die at all.

He may have done the right thing. I wouldn’t use the term “hero” when someone kills another person, even in defense of themselves or another person, regardless of cir stances. I just don’t attach heroism with killing. It could have been justifiable, appropriate, necessary. But I don’t view it as heroic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on the information I’ve read and seen, I’d lean towards him having a reasonable response to the situation. I’d call it short of an appropriate response because quite frankly I don’t know what standard police protocol is in that situation, and I don’t know whether there was a non lethal action that could have absolutely prevented a stabbing. There is a fair argument that he could have shot to injure or used a taser and the girl still could have successfully stabbed and killed the other girl. I just would have preferred no one would have had to die at all.

He may have done the right thing. I wouldn’t use the term “hero” when someone kills another person, even in defense of themselves or another person, regardless of cir stances. I just don’t attach heroism with killing. It could have been justifiable, appropriate, necessary. But I don’t view it as heroic.
    "shoot to injure" is never a thing.

if you have the time to line up a shot at somebody's limb or something, then that just means the situation isn't truly an imminent one that requires the use of that kind of force to begin with.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    She is the aggressor here you stupid .

Look at the ing video. She got merked before she killed someone. You don't have to defend every single ing incident.
    Cool so I can bring a crowd of a dozen people and we can hang out outside of your house without your consent. And if you come out threatening us with violence, you are fair game for an immediate death sentence.

Y'all need higher expectations of law enforcement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool so I can bring a crowd of a dozen people and we can hang out outside of your house without your consent. And if you come out threatening us with violence, you are fair game for an immediate death sentence.

Y'all need higher expectations of law enforcement.
    while wielding a knife and charging at you? i mean... yeah. you yourself would be en led to defend yourself in that situation, and cops are allowed to use lethal force to prevent seriously bodily harm to others

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I did watch the video. The cop approached the gathering like a timid little pussy and resorted to shooting as his first action because police departments spend far more time playing with guns than training on de-escalation or showing some semblance of control in situations like these.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nothing you said means anything. She ran up at people with a ing knife while the other people had their backs turned. You deserved to get shot like a dog for doing that .
    Your fear of knives is noted.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This sounds like a derp or chris shtick. Just stop.
    Your dehumanization of someone involved in a fairly run-of-the-mill fight outside her own home is far more similar to a derp or chris take.

Thread Information