Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was an enjoyable game to watch. I'm really impressed with Tre Jones. The guy belongs. The way he fights through screens is superb, such an excellent defender. Watching Patty's defense night after night, and with a better defender sitting is terrible. And it's not as if Patty has been scoring to justify his minutes. Derrick has complete control of the ball, just constantly attacking and distributing. Such a fun to watch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bruh, lebron james ain't winning a championship with this roster.
    Lebron doesn't win rings without stacked rosters anyway. He'd make this team a contender, however. Or Nephew. Or AD. Or Antetokounmpo. Or Doncic. Etc.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Lebron doesn't win rings without stacked rosters anyway. He'd make this team a contender, however. Or Nephew. Or AD. Or Antetokounmpo. Or Doncic. Etc.
    wtf are you talking about?

no team is a contender with Jakob Poeltl / Drew Eubanks / Gorgui Dieng / Trey Lyles as the best bigs on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

no team is a contender with Jakob Poeltl / Drew Eubanks / Gorgui Dieng / Trey Lyles as the best bigs on the roster.
    In this current NBA it's possible. Besides, Poeltl has been great for the most part and now that he's beginning to hit his freebies he's no longer a liability out there. The point is this roster isn't , there's plenty of nice pieces. It's just missing the most important one.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    In this current NBA it's possible. Besides, Poeltl has been great for the most part and now that he's beginning to hit his freebies he's no longer a liability out there. The point is this roster isn't , there's plenty of nice pieces. It's just missing the most important one.
    i thought you were a realist tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar S&T to Detroit

Git r dun!!
    Or bring Casey here to take Pop's place?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was an enjoyable game to watch. I'm really impressed with Tre Jones. The guy belongs. The way he fights through screens is superb, such an excellent defender. Watching Patty's defense night after night, and with a better defender sitting is terrible. And it's not as if Patty has been scoring to justify his minutes. Derrick has complete control of the ball, just constantly attacking and distributing. Such a fun to watch
    Yeah, even though they still have a lot to work on, young guys are already way more entertaining to watch than old chuckers.
    The ball never stopped. Sure, they didn't execute perfectly, but how could they when some of them barely play.

Tre can be a great rotation piece. He lacks a bit of size (Hayes made a couple of layups over him because Tre was simply too short), but he looks like a high IQ player who's always making good decisions.

Derrick also looks better when he's the main ballhandler and doesn't have to share the floor with both Demar and DJ.

Lonnie's dump off passes are insane. Just needs a bit more consistency on his mid-range shots. Jumper is picture perfect, but often times it's way off the mark.

Luka went back to his passive self, but his defense was good.

Hopefully this is more or less how the roster looks next season. Demar, Patty and Rudy shouldn't be back if we want to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, even though they still have a lot to work on, young guys are already way more entertaining to watch than old chuckers.
    The ball never stopped. Sure, they didn't execute perfectly, but how could they when some of them barely play.

Tre can be a great rotation piece. He lacks a bit of size (Hayes made a couple of layups over him because Tre was simply too short), but he looks like a high IQ player who's always making good decisions.

Derrick also looks better when he's the main ballhandler and doesn't have to share the floor with both Demar and DJ.

Lonnie's dump off passes are insane. Just needs a bit more consistency on his mid-range shots. Jumper is picture perfect, but often times it's way off the mark.

Luka went back to his passive self, but his defense was good.

Hopefully this is more or less how the roster looks next season. Demar, Patty and Rudy shouldn't be back if we want to improve.
    I’d be okay with that starting lineup for next season. It’s still an arguement whether DJ or Murray should start, but Lonnie’s firepower at SG could realize his offensive potential, especially if Demar is not coming back. And Keldon at 3 with Luka at 4 gives us a long athletic lineup. I’d be very happy if that would be Pop’s starting lineup for the rest of the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has obvious flaws, but it's good enough to make the playoffs. Put a legit superstar on it and this team could contend. Unfortunately, the only way they get one is by tanking.
    you‘re overrating the out of this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bron has taken teams starting stiffs like Joel Anthony, Zydrunas Ilguaskas, and Timofy Mozgov to the Finals. I think he'd be fine with Jak/Drew/Dieng tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    literally everybody you mentioned wouldn’t change with this roster but take it to the playoffs. None of those players would make this team a contender cause Poeltl, Murray and Johnson can’t shoot the 3, so spacing issues would remain regardless. These players would give the team a 2nd round ceiling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bron has taken teams starting stiffs like Joel Anthony, Zydrunas Ilguaskas, and Timofy Mozgov to the Finals. I think he'd be fine with Jak/Drew/Dieng tbh
    In the East when he wasn’t 36...the IQ on this Board

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    literally everybody you mentioned wouldn’t change with this roster but take it to the playoffs. None of those players would make this team a contender cause Poeltl, Murray and Johnson can’t shoot the 3, so spacing issues would remain regardless. These players would give the team a 2nd round ceiling
    Neither could last year's Lakers yet they ran roughshod over teams in the bubble.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Neither could last year's Lakers yet they ran roughshod over teams in the bubble.
    lmao.

lakers had lebron AND AD.

put lebron and AD on the spurs and then yeah, i'd say they're a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao.

lakers had lebron AND AD.

put lebron and AD on the spurs and then yeah, i'd say they're a contender.

Put either of them on this team this season and the Spurs get to the WCF minimum tbh. There are no super teams to get through these days (at least in the west).

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Put either of them on this team this season and the Spurs get to the WCF minimum tbh.
    we won't see eye to eye on this.

edit: i'll give you more credence to the spurs with AD. spurs with AD could possibly make the WCF.

but demar sucks so very, very unlikely. plus, AD doesn't even wanna be the C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we won't see eye to eye on this.

edit: i'll give you more credence to the spurs with AD. spurs with AD could possibly make the WCF.

but demar sucks so very, very unlikely. plus, AD doesn't even wanna be the C.
    Just jettison DePression tbh; he's addition by subtraction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just jettison DePression tbh; he's addition by subtraction.
    This thought process has got to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thought process has got to go.
    Let’s just say we will not agree.
    DDR is a problem especially for the money which could be better spent. White should have the decision making role and maybe Murray the one benched/traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is a problem especially for the money which could be better spent. White should have the decision making role and maybe Murray the one benched/traded
    I'm responding to the addition by subtraction comment. You're saying Spurs could spend money somewhere else which is a different philosophy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    quod est demonstrandum
    Last edited by ragas; 04-24-2021 at 12:43 AM.

Thread Information