My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...stons-game-58/

The Spurs are allowed to win at home?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. That was very entertaining albeit beating a not-so-good team in Detroit. But I like everything that I see. Derrick is a natural PG and he just kept attacking. That was the Derrick we saw in the playoffs against the Nuggets. I hope it continues. Poeltl is stringing double-doubles. He looks much comfortable offensively, even his FT's are going in. Lonnie is just waiting to explode. But I like that he continues to call his number and not deferring too much. He's also continuously attacking the basket which is good. Tre Jones belong. I like the way he fights through screens. He's a very good defender. To watch Patty night after night with sub-defense while a better defender sits, is terrible. I was hoping a better game for Luka and Vassell. But overall, if they would lose with this roster, I'd still be happy watching our young players. They look so good playing together, and I suspect they enjoy playing with each other a lot. Great stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White peaking at the right time

14 games left, 13 for New Orleans. our magic number to finish above New Orleans is 11! Pretty good shape, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defrozen gets an A+ for not playing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

14 games left, 13 for New Orleans. our magic number to finish above New Orleans is 11! Pretty good shape, tbh.
    that, how long can we go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

New Orleans is 4-6 in their last 10 and they have a lot of tough games left.

Honestly, their game against the Spurs tomorrow could ultimately decide who makes the play-in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades!

Honest question: Why the minus next to White's A? Best player on floor, 8/1 TO/Assist ratio, 26 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 8/8 from FT line, good D, +31. Is it because of the 2/8 from the three point line?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever happens, play in, lottery or otherwise

White finding his form and Lonnie taking a step forward in his development bode very well for next season post derozan

It’s a nice fit of young talent that plays off each other very well. Exciting 2 way potential. Games like this even without DJ and especially the win against Phoenix really show you how the pieces are going to fit together.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    see why pop has to lean on the vets? if he played the younguns there’s no way they’d make the lottery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans is 4-6 in their last 10 and they have a lot of tough games left.

Honestly, their game against the Spurs tomorrow could ultimately decide who makes the play-in.
    Do we really want to get in or get a higher pick in the draft? I really don’t know now with how Pop coach nowadays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we really want to get in or get a higher pick in the draft? I really don’t know now with how Pop coach nowadays
    Honestly, if it's the difference of 10th place vs 11th place....I'd rather be in the play-in to give the guys the morale boost and some sort of playoff-ish experience.

It would drop our chances for a top 4 pick from like 3% to 2%....so not really worth tanking for 11th.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The KEY to this team playing to their best limited potential

is to extend the rotation to include vassell, lonni, luka, and to limit the minutes of mills, gay and even derozan who would be fresher in 4th quarters

then throw a bunch of full court presses with the young legs while the starters rest up

the bonus would be that the young guys get over their inexperience and get mistakes out of their system speeding up their process

but only a young coach would be able to think in new ways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, if we were firmly in 11th place, I would love to just tank for 12th or 13th

If we’re firmly in the play in, might is well go all out and get that experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, if it's the difference of 10th place vs 11th place....I'd rather be in the play-in to give the guys the morale boost and some sort of playoff-ish experience.

It would drop our chances for a top 4 pick from like 3% to 2%....so not really worth tanking for 11th.
    i agree. at some point, players need to get some more meaningful games under their belt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs record with DeRozan this season: 23-26

Spurs record without DeRozan this season: 6-3

Discuss?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs record with DeRozan this season: 23-26

Spurs record without DeRozan this season: 6-3

Discuss?
    Record is even better if you remove the games without a healthy Derrick White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs look good when the opponent lets them win on purpose

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest question: Why the minus next to White's A? Best player on floor, 8/1 TO/Assist ratio, 26 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 8/8 from FT line, good D, +31. Is it because of the 2/8 from the three point line?
    I don't mind when White misses threes, tbh. He has to shoot them. I actually liked that he kept shooting even though he was cold.

I couldn't quite give him an A. First, the compe ion level was low. Killian Hayes showed a glimpse here and there but, uh, he looked pretty bad for the most part. So, considering the compe ion level, White should have done really well -- and he did well. Second, his ball-handling was iffy at times. It didn't show up in the turnover column but pressure gave him issues and slowed him down too often. White isn't the purest of ball-handlers so that can be a problem sometimes -- and there were times against the Pistons where he had to make escape passes because he couldn't get to where he wanted to go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Record is even better if you remove the games without a healthy Derrick White.
    That's a pretty high bar to set. What is the team's record in those 15 games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overall I didn't think any of our guys had great games, but some solid performances peppered throughout the roster. I was impressed by Bates-Diop, actually. He looks like someone with all the physical tools to make it in this league. White was good, but I think he could have dominated and he still had his inept moments. I keep waiting for Walker to just take over a game like he did against the Rockets last year. Like all of our young guys, he shows glimpses of greatness and then can turn around and look really bad a few possessions later. Luka looks like a guy who needs more playing time, tbh.

Hard to know what to take away from beating the worst team in the east, but a win is a win. And a home win is pretty special these days.

I miss going 40-1 at home.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we have any type of rights at all with KBD? Really underrated signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great quote from Arendt. I've been looking for something similar to put into a debate with some of my progressive college classmates.

Thread Information