Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP didn’t used to be like this. He was an engaging, fun poster. It’s clear that at some point, he got caught up in the RW hate /grievance media machine. PD, if you can hear us, move towards the light and the fun. We have cookies!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Live in DC area and thirty plus avid Spurs fan, HS basketball official and former paid NBA writer and I see two franchises going on opposite direction. Spurs farce of a FO x 4 years, actually paid Aldridge to go away and will likely lose DDR for nothing. Meanwhile Beal stayed loyal and is the best shooter in league not named Curry and they have a triple double machine that actually plays some defense as well. Their coach is pulling all the right buttons while HOF Popovich seems to not care. No surprise one team is surging while other is woefully inconsistent and not developing talent as it should. Wizards certainly not a top tier team but they compete and franchise seems willing to roll dice and also develop players, while Spurs FO sits and seemingly prays that a lot of cap money will pay off - sadly it will likely not.
    You're seriously going to tell me you'd rather be the Wizard's front office rather than the Spurs? Yeah, OK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No team paying Russell Westbrook $91+mil over the next two years can really be said to have a great plan.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP didn’t used to be like this. He was an engaging, fun poster. It’s clear that at some point, he got caught up in the RW hate /grievance media machine. PD, if you can hear us, move towards the light and the fun. We have cookies!
    What's funny is we had a right wing icon, Red McCombs, running the team in the early 90s, and all he did was hamstring the team with his cheapness. Shot down a trade for Charles Barkley because he didn't want to pay him. Came really close to trading David Robinson because he didn't want to pay him (was going to trade him for Ewing and then have Ewing walk in free agency). Unleashed the soft ass Vinny Del Negro era on this team because he was cheap and McCombs let Rod Strickland walk for nothing. What should have been an amazing era in Spurs basketball got handicapped by McCombs' cheapness.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Living up to his namesake getting rumped

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's funny is we had a right wing icon, Red McCombs, running the team in the early 90s, and all he did was hamstring the team with his cheapness. Shot down a trade for Charles Barkley because he didn't want to pay him. Came really close to trading David Robinson because he didn't want to pay him (was going to trade him for Ewing and then have Ewing walk in free agency). Unleashed the soft ass Vinny Del Negro era on this team because he was cheap and McCombs let Rod Strickland walk for nothing. What should have been an amazing era in Spurs basketball got handicapped by McCombs' cheapness.
    I remember being shocked at some of those decisions. David had to essentially carry the franchise on his back...no wonder it gave out on him. David's best supporting cast (pre-Duncan) was his rookie season. Would be an interesting re-write of history to see the Admiral with a solid team around him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you were a doctor.

I am busy vaccines looks like I hit a nerve with thread but Spurs FO is a farce and at end of year team may have no stars at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can say Wizards playing harder most night than Spurs. Better coached vs disengaged Pop too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you were a doctor.

I am busy vaccines looks like I hit a nerve with thread but Spurs FO is a farce and at end of year team may have no stars at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haters - Wizards 7-3 last ten with close losses in 3 and are 31-36 and now just two games worse in loss column versus fading Spurs who face a very tough schedule.
    Wizards will make play in and may move up to 9th while Spurs is TBD. Still an avid Spurs fan over three decades, but the Wizards are playing much harder, have a top scorer and a triple double machine and at this point are being coached far better. When they lose it has usually been in overtime or in the last few seconds. Yes the Spurs will have lots of $ available in FA and some promising youth but in Utah game at least looked very uninspired and out of sync. Time for a couple of the younger Spurs to truly step up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been really impressed by Daniel Gafford's play. Let's see what the Wizards do with him going forward.
    I used to feel bad for Scottie Brooks at OKC, thinking this poor guy can't get Westbrook to stop taking bad shots, but after some recent interviews and quotes, I think Brooks is just as delusional about Westbrook as Westbrook is about himself. Brooks recently said Westbrook was the 2nd best PG in NBA history, after Magic. Good lord.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a bunch of cap space for loyalty contracts. Ain’t no good free agents out there

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a steep cliff for OP and those like him. Cult like extremist born out of intolerance. OP is a great example of what happens when you become an absolutist who’s only capable of believing one angle of life.

Anyone with an intelligence knows that right and wrong tend exist somewhere if the middle of extremism.

These people will either be capable of coming back to reality or they’ll end up alone ting and pissing themselves because no one wants anything to do with them. Including family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a steep cliff for OP and those like him. Cult like extremist born out of intolerance. OP is a great example of what happens when you become an absolutist who’s only capable of believing one angle of life.

Anyone with an intelligence knows that right and wrong tend exist somewhere if the middle of extremism.

These people will either be capable of coming back to reality or they’ll end up alone ting and pissing themselves because no one wants anything to do with them. Including family.
    This has nothing to do with basketball/ meanwhile Beal drops 50 and Westbrook ties the Big O’s triple double career record in an over-time win. Spurs will limp into playing in but the reality is FO is a travesty, head coach is semi retired and Spurs hit and take less 3s any team in league as have no shooters. Hoping they sign someone in free agency but otherwise welcome to continued mediocrity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has nothing to do with basketball/ meanwhile Beal drops 50 and Westbrook ties the Big O’s triple double career record in an over-time win. Spurs will limp into playing in but the reality is FO is a travesty, head coach is semi retired and Spurs hit and take less 3s any team in league as have no shooters. Hoping they sign someone in free agency but otherwise welcome to continued mediocrity.
    Time to hitch your bandwagon to the Wizards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emphasized by the long winning tradition of the Wizards..

Thread Information