Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just can't ever give White an A+ can ya

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR down the stretched must have had the haters seething. White is the Spurs starting point guard. Murray is the odd one out this off season. Zion beasting must show that the Spurs desperately need a PF. Luka getting minutes over Lyle's in this game to give him a different look is a good move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades! A really good win!

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are better the more Derrick White shoots/controls the offense. It is tiresome that he and his coach have not stumbled onto that fact yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Murray mostly guarded Ball and not Ingram.
    Yeah Tbdog DDR was the difference this game.
    Pelicans should be better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clutch DDR... haters take note...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR down the stretched must have had the haters seething. White is the Spurs starting point guard. Murray is the odd one out this off season. Zion beasting must show that the Spurs desperately need a PF. Luka getting minutes over Lyle's in this game to give him a different look is a good move.
    So many things wrong with this post...
    1. No one thinks DeMar will never ever have a good game down the stretch...but we do think it always happens vs the bottom dwellers of the NBA in meaningless games...not sure if u notice...but we r missing the playoffs again

2. Murray has been super consistent and by far the better starting PG this season...White has been putrid all year...now he has had 3 or 4 good games and suddenly he deserves the starting spot and Murray is the odd man out for the season?? What games have u been watching?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are better the more Derrick White shoots/controls the offense. It is tiresome that he and his coach have not stumbled onto that fact yet.
    I will stand by the fact that Murray has a higher ceiling than white...this season Murray has a higher PER... Scores the same amount of points while shooting a significantly higher FG% than white... Gets significantly more rebounds and assists while turning the ball over at the same rate as white... All while being 2 years younger...

Spurstalk has this weird obsession with White and constantly keeps Murray on a short leash... White is shooting 40% for the season... He has been putrid... But the moment he puts together the tiniest streak of good games, ALL of Murray's great games this season goes out the window

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When White has it going, things flow better. The stilted, janky offense we've seen for the large part of this season makes me want to kill myself. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many things wrong with this post...
    1. No one thinks DeMar will never ever have a good game down the stretch...but we do think it always happens vs the bottom dwellers of the NBA in meaningless games...not sure if u notice...but we r missing the playoffs again

2. Murray has been super consistent and by far the better starting PG this season...White has been putrid all year...now he has had 3 or 4 good games and suddenly he deserves the starting spot and Murray is the odd man out for the season?? What games have u been watching?
    Here we go. You have confirmation bias. Statistically, DDR is one of the better clutch players in the league.

White's TS% is actually higher than Murray, despite Murray having a good consistent season and White having a slow start. Murray's role is slowly changing. White is playing the point more now and the results is better pace. Spurs OTRg has jumped up higher in April since then too that supports the eye test.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, love the DJ and D White backcourt. It is showing it can work. They don’t have to be in compe ion with one another. Both are terrific “combo” guards who can (and have) taken turns dominating periods of play throughout the season. They are starting to figure it out together ie. how to play with/without the ball, which can only mean goods things going forward for Spurs fans.

For my money, along with Poeltl; you have 3 of the top 5 defenders league wide at their positions too, no hyperbole.

The pairing should be celebrated for their unique qualities and merits rather than criticised by a personal subjective outlook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/1386158165163532292?s=20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here we go. You have confirmation bias. Statistically, DDR is one of the better clutch players in the league.

White's TS% is actually higher than Murray, despite Murray having a good consistent season and White having a slow start. Murray's role is slowly changing. White is playing the point more now and the results is better pace. Spurs OTRg has jumped up higher in April since then too that supports the eye test.
    Share the stat that you're seeing and let's breakdown the context together.

Because from what I see, he's one of the WORST players in the league in a group of players with high USG% in the clutch:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, love the DJ and D White backcourt. It is showing it can work. They don’t have to be in compe ion with one another. Both are terrific “combo” guards who can (and have) taken turns dominating periods of play throughout the season. They are starting to figure it out together ie. how to play with/without the ball, which can only mean goods things going forward for Spurs fans.

For my money, along with Poeltl; you have 3 of the top 5 defenders league wide at their positions too, no hyperbole.

The pairing should be celebrated for their unique qualities and merits rather than criticised by a personal subjective outlook.
    I disagree. The only way that backcourt works is if our center shoots 3's like Brook Lopez and if DDR is out for a deadeye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Another stat that shows DeMar is one of the worst players in the clutch with minimum FGA > 1.7

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Because from what I see, he's one of the WORST players in the league in a group of players with high USG% in the clutch:

You just have to watch the game and you see that he's clutch in a lot of spurs games.
    I saw in nba.com that he's 10 in ppg in the clutch for example....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

>
    Cherry picker

https://stats.inpredictable.com/nba/ssnPlayerSplit.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Another stat that shows DeMar is one of the worst players in the clutch with minimum FGA > 1.7

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/cl...ort=PTS&dir=-1

Forget Achiuwa who had one game in the clutch, plus you have murray and gilgeous alexander who are doing it in less games than Derozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me how the stats were cherry picked?

Do you agree that there is such a thing as a clutch defensive play? I.E., Player X blocks Player Z's game winning shot?

That's what Net Rating and +/- signify. What use is it if DeMar scores points in the clutch if he gives up easy 3's on the other end? He is basically a non-factor on defense.

Did you bother sorting your own stat?

DeMar is one of the worst according to the link you provided:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me how the stats were cherry picked?

Do you agree that there is such a thing as a clutch defensive play? I.E., Player X blocks Player Z's game winning shot?

That's what Net Rating and +/- signify. What use is it if DeMar scores points in the clutch if he gives up easy 3's on the other end? He is basically a non-factor on defense.

Did you bother sorting your own stat?

DeMar is one of the worst according to the link you provided:
    Man you just turn it the way you want, we gave you links where you see that he's not on of the worst and just seeing games you would know that's a lie. We could have a lot of critics on Derozan but clutch time is not one of them.

If you're 10 in all the NBA in point per game in the clutch, you just could not be one of the worst...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/stats/players/cl...ort=PTS&dir=-1

Forget Achiuwa who had one game in the clutch, plus you have murray and gilgeous alexander who are doing it in less games than Derozan.
    You can filter out the players with small sample size if you click "Advanced Filters".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man you just turn it the way you want, we gave you links where you see that he's not on of the worst and just seeing games you would know that's a lie. We could have a lot of critics on Derozan but clutch time is not one of them.

If you're 10 in all the NBA in point per game in the clutch, you just could not be one of the worst...
    Bro, how am I turning it the way I want? I'm simply reading the definition of each column. If you hover your mouse, you'll learn what each stat means. It's important to know what each stat means.

I've watched every game this season. You can score 10 points when the ball is in your hand for nearly every possession in the clutch.

I get that you're a fan of DeMar. I'm simply looking the stats in context. You can disagree if you want to disagree.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, how am I turning it the way I want? I'm simply reading the definition of each column. If you hover your mouse, you'll learn what each stat means. It's important to know what each stat means.

I've watched every game this season.
    So we have some stats showing he is bad and others he is very good. It depends on what we want to analyze in the clutch, if it's scoring he's really good. That's the part i talked about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just linked a more accurate, more advance clutch shooting website. Or you can cherry pick where Rozier or Devonte Graham are the giants. Your choice

Thread Information