Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/preview/_/gameId/401307708

San Antonio Spurs (29-29, ninth in the Western Conference) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (26-33, 11th in the Western Conference)New Orleans; Saturday, 8 p.m. EDT

BOTTOM LINE: Zion Williamson leads New Orleans into a matchup with San Antonio. He's eighth in the league averaging 26.9 points per game.

The Pelicans are 14-17 in conference play. New Orleans is fifth in the Western Conference with 26.2 assists per game led by Lonzo Ball averaging 5.7.

The Spurs are 15-20 in Western Conference play. San Antonio ranks eighth in the Western Conference scoring 47 points per game in the paint led by DeMar DeRozan averaging 9.2.

The two teams square off for the third time this season. The Spurs defeated the Pelicans 117-114 in their last meeting on Feb. 27. DeRozan led San Antonio with 32 points, and Brandon Ingram paced New Orleans scoring 29 points.

TOP PERFORMERS: Williamson is averaging 26.9 points, 7.2 rebounds and 3.6 assists for the Pelicans. Ingram is averaging 21.5 points and 3.9 rebounds while shooting 37.1% over the last 10 games for New Orleans.

Derrick White is second on the Spurs averaging 2.4 made 3-pointers while scoring 15.4 points per game and shooting 34.6% from beyond the arc. Rudy Gay is averaging 1.1 made 3-pointers and scoring 9.9 points over the last 10 games for San Antonio.

LAST 10 GAMES: Pelicans: 4-6, averaging 114.9 points, 49.8 rebounds, 26.1 assists, 7.1 steals and 4.5 blocks per game while shooting 47.1% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 116.4 points on 47.0% shooting.

Spurs: 5-5, averaging 108.5 points, 44.2 rebounds, 26.1 assists, 7.7 steals and 6.1 blocks per game while shooting 46.4% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 104.2 points on 44.9% shooting.

INJURIES: Pelicans: James Johnson: out (adductor), Nickeil Alexander-Walker: out (ankle), Steven Adams: day to day (ankle), Josh Hart: out (thumb).
    Spurs: DeMar DeRozan: out (quad), Trey Lyles: out (ankle), Patty Mills: out (rest), Dejounte Murray: out (rest).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two teams fighting for a play-in tournament berth face off on Friday night as the New Orleans Pelicans host the San Antonio Spurs. Inconsistency has cut the Pelicans three games adrift of the Golden State Warriors in tenth place, while the Spurs' road performances, winning 16 of 26 games, has put them in a confident position to qualify for the postseason.Match details

Fixture - San Antonio Spurs vs New Orleans Pelicans | 2020-21 NBA Season.
    Date & Time - Saturday, April 24th; 8:00 PM ET (Sunday, April 25th; 5:30 AM IST).
    Venue - Smoothie King Center, New Orleans, LA
    San Antonio Spurs preview

San Antonio Spurs center Jakob PoeltlThe San Antonio Spurs are rolling along nicely toward the playoffs and could even steal the 8th seed from the Memphis Grizzlies.
    While their offense hasn't exactly been electric, Popovich's side often finds a way to grind out results. Particularly recently when the San Antonio Spurs have topped the Suns, Mavs and Pacers in their last ten games - all on the road.
    DeMar DeRozan has been his usual consistent self all year while Derrick White and Dejounte Murray have formed a decent partnership in the San Antonio Spurs backcourt, averaging 33.3 points together in their last ten games. Jakob Poeltl is also proving his worth and has ranked fourth among centers in that same time period for blocks per game with 2.3 while shooting at 66.7% from the floor.
    Advertisement

Key player - Derrick White

As the tweet below says, it was Derrick White's night on Thursday as he led the San Antonio Spurs past the Detroit Pistons. However, it has in fact been his month. In April, the 26-year-old is performing well above his season averages, putting up 18.5 points and 4.2 assists per night.
    During that time, he also had a +/- rating of 7 which was greater than his San Antonio Spurs teammates and in the top-ten of all players who have played more than ten games this month. In their last ten games, White has scored more than 20 points on 4 occasions and shot at 85% from the free-throw line.

San Antonio Spurs predicted lineup

Point Guard - Dejounte Murray l Shooting Guard - Derrick White l Small Forward - Keldon Johnson l Power Forward - DeMar DeRozan l Center - Jakob Poeltl
    New Orleans Pelicans preview

Advertisement

New Orleans Pelicans forward Brandon IngramFor a team with so much talent, the New Orleans Pelicans have been disappointing this campaign. Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram have performed at an All-Star level but haven't had enough to lift their side higher than 11th, a position the Pels have sustained or been worse than since the start of January.
    While their offense is exciting to watch, a large part of the New Orleans Pelicans' problems have come on the defensive end, where they rank 27th for efficiency. Although they allow the least opposition rebounds, the Pelicans are conversely sat in the bottom-five for assists and 3-point efforts given up per game. It is going to take an almighty effort for them to even make it into a play-in tournament berth from here.
    Key player - Zion Williamson

Although the New Orleans Pelicans are struggling, Zion Williamson has done his stock no harm this campaign and has been electric recently. In his last ten games, the 20-year-old put up 29.1 points and 7.6 rebounds. He also shot at close to 60% from the field during that time, and has done so all season, which is a staggering stat considering his mass shot attempts per night.
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketba...season-2020-21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs win, they will be in the Play in at 90%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans by 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A win takes the spurs to the play in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the most meaningful game for the Spurs so far this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Spurs! This thread has a good winning vibe. International positive vibrations always help!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    INJURIES: Pelicans: James Johnson: out (adductor), Nickeil Alexander-Walker: out (ankle), Steven Adams: day to day (ankle), Josh Hart: out (thumb).
    Spurs: DeMar DeRozan: out (quad), Trey Lyles: out (ankle), Patty Mills: out (rest), Dejounte Murray: out (rest).
    Thye're resting Murray and Mills again?!? That's ... interesting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was sort of expected Gay to be out after not seeing him during any of the pre-game photos from Spurs twitter account.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if NO will be focused on tonight’s game when they have their eyes on a bigger prize:

Only in the World of ESPN would a play in team and a lottery lock be considered “Superheroes”...

That being said I enjoy most of the MCU, I’ll probably give it a look
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 04-24-2021 at 06:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy deserves a break anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did the Mods remove Riga Time? Grrr.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game should be a win given that Rudy weighs this team down even worse than Patty. SHOULD BE. Depending on which Spurs team shows up.

They're going to give Zion all the space in the world to shoot. It was effective last game. Let's hope he hasn't been practicing his shot or doesn't go Shaq mode on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if NO will be focused on tonight’s game when they have their eyes on a bigger prize:

Only in the World of ESPN would a play in team and a lottery lock be considered “Superheroes”...

That being said I enjoy most of the MCU, I’ll probably give it a look
    Maybe the next expansion team will be called the Avengers. Las Vegas Avengers.

They should do a NBA / MCU movie crossover someday to rival Space Jam 2. We all know Space Jam 2 is going to be ty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want to see some KBD tonight, I think theres something there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want to see some KBD tonight, I think theres something there.
    He's for sure talented. He's last priority though since he's on a two way contract. Will likely only play if a lot of players are out. I think he has a bigger role next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's go fellas. We need to tank, but a compe ive win would be hard to say no to...

White on his stuff early on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice read Jakob......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Ingram was born looking stoned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count