Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said he’d be thrilled playing for a legendary coach Pop. I bet his mom would drive him to Spurs practice facility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can totally see Ziaire Williams as a pick, he never manages to get on the court for two years, and everyone showing him a huge amount of frustration.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can totally see Ziaire Williams as a pick, he never manages to get on the court for two years, and everyone showing him a huge amount of frustration.
    Ha. So true. Or he plays and is about as productive as Trey Lyles. Maybe he pulls it together but he needs at least a year to bulk up on carnitas and barbacoa. Dude is rail thin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the guy I want most in SAs range. He’s got ?s But biggest upside in the range

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said he’d be thrilled playing for a legendary coach Pop.
    Tbh, every prospect says this. Have you ever seen an interview where a prospect says something like, "Well, it's a cool city but their coach kinda sucks..?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, SA could be the perfect spot for him. He bulks up on tacos (flour tortillas only) while Chip figures out why his 3P % was so awful. SA, a great place to gain weight and improve your shooting!

Basically, I’m processing the trauma of picking him preemptively.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm coming around in him some, might have him 4 or 5 on my hopes list

The context is no guarantee that he's good. He might be a non-nba player who had a rough freshman year with covid deaths and injuries.

But I do have some hope for his body after seeing how big his father is.

I think I'm at
    1. Sengun
    2. Giddey
    3. Wagner
    4.a Moody
    4b Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, SA could be the perfect spot for him. He bulks up on tacos (flour tortillas only) while Chip figures out why his 3P % was so awful. SA, a great place to gain weight and improve your shooting!

Basically, I’m processing the trauma of picking him preemptively.
    Poku was undraftable for some at 7' and 200-205 lbs, but Ziaire is full of potential at nearly 6'10" and 188.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poku was undraftable for some at 7' and 200-205 lbs, but Ziaire is full of potential at nearly 6'10" and 188.
    Poku is an even worse shooter than Ziaire. They're like the awful shooters skinny dudes club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Ziaire I think, what skill will get him in the court his first year. It will likely have to be defense and there is some potential there. See, I’m already drinking the kool aid...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poku is an even worse shooter than Ziaire. They're like the awful shooters skinny dudes club.
    True, but Poku's metrics were the best on his Olympiacos team, and he was among their leaders in rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks, and they won when he played. Ziaire had almost zero impact on winning while on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but Poku's metrics were the best on his Olympiacos team, and he was among their leaders in rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks, and they won when he played. Ziaire had almost zero impact on winning while on the floor.
    Ziaire Williams is not someone you would draft if you took his single college basketball season into account.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, every prospect says this. Have you ever seen an interview where a prospect says something like, "Well, it's a cool city but their coach kinda sucks..?"
    Yeah, it would be funny to see some prospect say "yeah, not sure I want to play for Popovich. I read SpursTalk and can see he is a has been who is overrated due to having Tim Duncan play for him."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His mom is a cute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hot mom alert!!!

He doesn't come across as tough at all to me. Making the leap from his last level of compe ion to the NBA seems way too much for him. Just my people sense.
    Seems like a Richard Jefferson type of player. Last guy on the dog pile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t want this club.

Now that I recall, Austin Daye belonged to this club!
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-28-2021 at 09:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ziaire Williams is not someone you would draft if you took his single college basketball season into account.
    Well neither was Murray and he fell on draft night. Nearly went in the second round.

I could see the Spurs drafting him. I hope he’s not 2 years away though. I’d hate that, I have to be honest. I’ll complain if that happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That pedigree though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The timvp poster posted an article with Williams at #3 as the likeliest Spurs pick. Just been browsing the draft threads but ST is sleeping on this being the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm coming around in him some, might have him 4 or 5 on my hopes list

The context is no guarantee that he's good. He might be a non-nba player who had a rough freshman year with covid deaths and injuries.

But I do have some hope for his body after seeing how big his father is.
    Yeah, I did not expect his dad to be built like Mario Elie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is more of a human interest video. Not necessarily vital information but many here attribute Kawhi’s family dynamic to his departure so I figured some might be interested with Williams’ family background.

His mother dominates the interview, not to say he’s a mama’s boy.

There are more than a few that question his sexual orientation, which I found amusing. As if sexuals can’t have deep voices but I did get a laugh out of the comments though.

This was a recent interview and this kid broke down when his uncle was mentioned. I was somewhat surprised by this but obviously this just highlights the impact his uncle had on him. He basically credits his uncle with cultivating his basketball career.

His parents prioritized education over basketball which provides another example of his character and upbringing.

Dejounte has presented his case as to why Williams is a tier no prospect and someone in the thread said it would be malpractice to draft him. All I know is I trust the Spurs when it comes to player development and this kid isn’t some raw athletic phenom. He facilitates the offense and at his height, factored in with his defensive ability, that is enough to be a lottery pick in my opinion.

Honestly, with all the prospects that are being discussed it looks like the Spurs are in a great draft position regardless.

Have to say-- from a purely public relation's standpoint, the repeated mentions by him and his mom of all of the different injuries doesn't seem too helpful. If I was this kid's agent, I would cringe watching that video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That video was amazing in unexpected ways. Random thoughts:

The dad wearing sunglasses inside, and looking like Suge Knight. Amazing.

Highly intelligent and attractive mom.

Some gay vibes from Z.

He’s highly motivated and mature.

Military family.

But the loss of his uncle. It seems that derailed his season, maybe? After watching this video I come away thinking he’s more likely a candidate than I initially thought.

Could definitely be another Pac 10/buy low player.

But unless he fills out like Suge Knight I still worry about his frame.

Also, if he is in fact gay, I imagine that has to be difficult for a young man to handle, especially in a macho male dominated sports world. It’s not like he’s the first 19-year old possibly dealing with various personal/life issues, but could be a stage for him to get through.

Also, I could see him clicking with Becky as a coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I just got around to watching that video. A lot to unpack here, not even sure where to start… Ziaire is an interesting guy… when he was talking about what leadership is, I couldn’t help but cringe… not because of what his answer was, but how he was saying it. He’s not very convincing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That video was amazing in unexpected ways. Random thoughts:

The dad wearing sunglasses inside, and looking like Suge Knight. Amazing.

Highly intelligent and attractive mom.

Some gay vibes from Z.

He’s highly motivated and mature.

Military family.

But the loss of his uncle. It seems that derailed his season, maybe? After watching this video I come away thinking he’s more likely a candidate than I initially thought.

Could definitely be another Pac 10/buy low player.

But unless he fills out like Suge Knight I still worry about his frame.

Also, if he is in fact gay, I imagine that has to be difficult for a young man to handle, especially in a macho male dominated sports world. It’s not like he’s the first 19-year old possibly dealing with various personal/life issues, but could be a stage for him to get through.

Also, I could see him clicking with Becky as a coach.
    Hmm I was just thinking… with all these comments about his dad being beefy. Maybe the dad is not the dna dad. Unwarranted ospeculation but attractive mom, and he doesn’t have siblings. Hmmmm

Thread Information