Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop needs to get his head out of his ass and start Vassell now that White is out. It is awful enough that Devin is currently getting DNP's.
    To be fair, Vassell played tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Vassell played tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Get well soon D Dub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope it wasn’t as bad as it appeared. Bummer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    two weeks out i guess ... that did not look good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just from the looks of it, that appeared to be a high ankle sprain, which could mean that he may be out four to six weeks before he's back on the court. (insert praying dog here!!!) But hopefully with this injury, even if it's 3 or 4 games, if Derrick is out, hopefully this will create a good opportunity for either Lonnie or Devin to grow, shine and earn the coaching staff and the team's trust, to play more meaningful, productive minutes, either in the starting lineup or coming off the bench! DO IT POP! GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not positive but i think Murray has missed more time to injury than White. That Murray made of glass.
    He's generally been pretty durable minus the ACL injury, White has has a bunch of foot issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well at least his leg didn't snap in half like Chris Weidman's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that was nasty those low kicks ain’t no joke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch, looked painful. Those type of sprains always make me cringe, but than I rewatch the video three times .... remember that horrifying Shaun Livingston injury? It literally made me queasy, but I rewatched it like a dozen times. I even remember remember my girlfriend at the time saying, "Oh god, are watching that horrible leg snap injury again??"

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was the toe would of been concerned. Instead it was the most common injury in basketball . As long as xrays clear him, would expect him back 1week,maybe 2 week max and to regain that top form he's been showing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it really just comes down the grade and whether it's high or low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checking in to see if there’s any news on him... only saw pictures/videos of the injury, but nothing new... I suppose he’s getting X-rayed, scanned, MRI, medical consults, etc.

In the zoomed-in picture, it looks like something is out of place... I am thinking it’s more serious than the initial impression of a sprain I got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really depends on how flexible his ligaments are ... but that truly looks like he will be out for the stretch run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checking in to see if there’s any news on him... only saw pictures/videos of the injury, but nothing new... I suppose he’s getting X-rayed, scanned, MRI, medical consults, etc.

In the zoomed-in picture, it looks like something is out of place... I am thinking it’s more serious than the initial impression of a sprain I got.
    if it's a dislocated ankle, that would be 6-8 weeks which is about the same as a severe sprain of the high ankle. usually, x-rays can be done that night so if he had fractured a bone, i would think that we would know that by now. of course, with the spurs one can never really know what's going on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Expecting the worst with this injury... Wish we'd hear about the diagnosis right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Expecting the worst with this injury... Wish we'd hear about the diagnosis right now.
    Of course the team loses Derrick right when he was playing his best stretch of the season. Gotta hope Devin & Lonnie can step up and take on his minutes/role.

Otherwise, we'll be seeing more stupidity like Patty guarding Bradley Beal last night. That should never, ever happen but Pop "relies" on that move time and time again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, his ability to stay healthy is a legitimate concern. Derrick has never played more than 70 games in a season (and is now on pace to play 41 games per 82 this season).

I know the injury from last night could be considered a "fluke" because he landed on Jakob's foot, but a lot of guys jump around all the time in the NBA and manage not to get hurt so often.

Recently, I've also noticed that White has a tendency to jump extremely close to his opponent's space...which sometimes leads to good defense, but also leads to a lot of bump or tripping fouls. He doesn't seem to have a good grasp of his own landing zone, which means he is either getting under someone or landing on someone.

We'll see what the MRI shows, but a high ankle sprain pretty much puts him on IR for the rest of the season and probably the play-in.
    Last edited by Dex; 04-27-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh just unlucky to come down on Poeltl foot...

If he plays again this season I would be surprised...

Patty Mills 32 + minutes a game incoming in 5...4...3...2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, his ability to stay healthy is a legitimate concern. Derrick has never played more than 70 games in a season (and is now on pace to play 41 games per 82 this season).

I know the injury from last night could be considered a "fluke" because he landed on Jakob's foot, but a lot of guys jump around all the time in the NBA and manage not to get hurt so often.

Recently, I've also noticed that White has a tendency to jump extremely close to his opponent's space...which sometimes leads to good defense, but also leads to a lot of bump or tripping fouls. He doesn't seem to have a good grasp of his own landing zone, which means he is either getting under someone or landing on someone.

We'll see what the MRI shows, but a high ankle sprain pretty much puts him on IR for the rest of the season and probably the play-in.
    I mean 2 of his 3 seasons that he's played have only had 71 and 72 games, so playing 70 games is a high ing mark. How many players hit 70 the past 2 seasons? He hit 68 last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi Leonard first four seasons: 64, 58, 66, 64

Also, weird to use "pace to play 41 games" when over 40% players have missed substantial time due to COVID and the games being so compressed (11 games in 8 games) which "on pace" doesn't account for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean 2 of his 3 seasons that he's played have only had 71 and 72 games, so playing 70 games is a high ing mark. How many players hit 70 the past 2 seasons? He hit 68 last year.
    Last year seems to be the anomaly.

He had a fractured wrist in his rookie year, which only gave Pop more of an excuse to give him the rookie treatment.

He had a left plantar fascia tear his second year which cost him the first month of the season, and played 81% of games that season.

Last year was his best year health wise when played 68 of the 71 games so kudos for that...though he did also get a 3 month layoff imbetween the season getting postponed and the bubble.

This season he is looking at 50% of games this season, first with the toe issues and now the ankle sprain.

Maybe he really is just snakebit and its not truly a concern going forward, but his overall history doesn't really reflect well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Calling it an "ankle sprain" for now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah just saw that. Out as would be expected. No timetable for return, no details. Kind of expecting him out the rest of the season since it’s so condensed.

Thread Information