Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach really didn’t do the greatest job. He got lucky with Patty hitting a couple of late shots because putting Mills on Beal was similar to his brilliant decision to put Mills on Trey Young when we lost to Atlanta. And why no Vassell? DeRozan bailed Pop out tonight.
    Pop lost me this year finally. His last year with Bryn should have done it, but not playing Vassell and Luka is simply unforgiveable given the rapid succession of games, the nature of that game being as high scoring, and given the need for player development.

I mean these guys are all we have, and they are the future and they're riding the ing bench given all of that, literally the game(s) after he says they're earning playing time. I'm done with Pop.

He's simply gotten too full of himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop lost me this year finally. His last year with Bryn should have done it, but not playing Vassell and Luka is simply unforgiveable given the rapid succession of games, the nature of that game being as high scoring, and given the need for player development.

I mean these guys are all we have, and they are the future and they're riding the ing bench given all of that, literally the game(s) after he says they're earning playing time. I'm done with Pop.

I'm not done with Pop, but I do agree with everything you said on player development. If White's missing extended time, then start Devin (Or Lonnie, but I'd rather give Devin the time). Or move DeMar to the 2, Keldon to the 3 and start Luka at the 4. I understand in the days when we had contending teams that rookies would have to wait. And I understand the need to have the young ones earn their spots. But, as you said, when they play well (Luka's 14 point game, Devin's 18 point game, stellar defense by both) and then are nearly shut out of games afterwards. It must be frustrating for them. It's frustraing for us.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrubs who want to blame Jakob desperately looking for arguments to justify their standpoint to not sign him before the season. They don‘t run out of dumb takes.

„No effort“ - Hustle stats prove them wrong
    “Can‘t stay on the floor“ - He played 30+ several games
    “Injured White“ - Really? White hurts himself every second week. Last time he simply landed on his foot without being touched by someone and was out a few weeks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bc he’s the one that injured him. And yeah he did just stand there. That was my point. Didn’t even try to contest the shot just stood in the way like a big clumsy dinosaur and injured our best player in the process. Ffs how could somebody blame Jak for hurting White when he was the one who hurt him
    let's put even more spin on it:
    "Derrick tried to injure Jak by stomping on his foot, but failed and hurt himself in the process. Guy cannot even injure someone properly. what a scrub!!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's put even more spin on it:
    "Derrick tried to injure Jak by stomping on his foot, but failed and hurt himself in the process. Guy cannot even injure someone properly. what a scrub!!"
    It’s unfortunate that our best player is made out of glass. But at the end of the day, Jak injured White. Also those Jakboys coming in here to defend their guy after last nights performance? No defense, couldn’t stay on the floor bc he was useless, AND he injured Derrick White? I am praying for Collins in the off-season that’s for sure bc we aren’t making the playoffs anymore when we had a damn good shot at it. But hey, atleast we signed a scrub for cheap!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think you need to let go of that "he injured him" thought. simply being in a place you are en led to (and in situationally likely to be) does not qualify as an act of actively injuring someone who just isn't able to land after jumping.
    might as well blame the opposing player by mking him contest there after blowing past him originally.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think you need to let go of that "he injured him" thought. simply being in a place you are en led to (and in situationally likely to be) does not qualify as an act of actively injuring someone who just isn't able to land after jumping.
    might as well blame the opposing player by mking him contest there after blowing past him originally.
    Who‘s to blame that are KobesAchilles parents for not using a condom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may be a thought content abnormality with him. He has fixed, rigid, self-justified sets of ideas that are at odds with reality. It's different compared to actual trolls, sociopaths on this website because he sincerely believes in what he's saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't the answer be found in the very question you asked? What a dumbass. Can't even say an insult right. You Jakboys really are stupid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't the answer be found in the very question you asked? What a dumbass. Can't even say an insult right. You Jakboys really are stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There may be a problem with your point of view if everyone else around you disagrees. I don't see a whole lot of people flocking to defend your take.

But you are obviously smarter then everyone else, and also super smart because you managed to play D1 basketball without ever making a mistake.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There may be a problem with your point of view if everyone else around you disagrees. I don't see a whole lot of people flocking to defend your take.

But you are obviously smarter then everyone else, and also super smart because you managed to play D1 basketball without ever making a mistake.
    He‘s a fun guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh I never played D-1. I was asking if the other guy played D-1. Bc he was saying that if I played compe ive basketball and I was just wondering what cons uted as compe ive basketball. Bc I was just high school.

I scrimmaged against UTSA players twice a week one summer for my AAU team in high school and they killed us lol. I remember thinking, these guys aren't even Duke and they're this good? The athleticism they had was insane. I could process what they were going to do before they did it, but I was just too slow to do anything about it. Their first step was just fantastic. I was just saying that I never got hurt or twisted an ankle. I always had good balance. I practiced very hard on my balance. I learned how to fall correctly so I wouldn't twist my ankle. And I was just aware of people on the court. Being 6 foot while most of the others I guarded were 6-4 and above made me very aware of positioning bc otherwise you get hit and you get hit hard.

Yeah I know most posters on here love Jak and he can do no wrong. But we need an upgrade man. He kills spacing. He has zero gravity on the offense which makes trapping and switching very easy for the opposing players. Honestly on defense they could guard Jak with their point guard and he wouldn't be able to take advantage of it. The era of big men who can't do with the ball is over. We already play 90s ball with Demar. Do we have to do the same with Jak?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I never played D-1. I was asking if the other guy played D-1. Bc he was saying that if I played compe ive basketball and I was just wondering what cons uted as compe ive basketball. Bc I was just high school.

I scrimmaged against UTSA players twice a week one summer for my AAU team in high school and they killed us lol. I remember thinking, these guys aren't even Duke and they're this good? The athleticism they had was insane. I could process what they were going to do before they did it, but I was just too slow to do anything about it. Their first step was just fantastic. I was just saying that I never got hurt or twisted an ankle. I always had good balance. I practiced very hard on my balance. I learned how to fall correctly so I wouldn't twist my ankle. And I was just aware of people on the court. Being 6 foot while most of the others I guarded were 6-4 and above made me very aware of positioning bc otherwise you get hit and you get hit hard.

Yeah I know most posters on here love Jak and he can do no wrong. But we need an upgrade man. He kills spacing. He has zero gravity on the offense which makes trapping and switching very easy for the opposing players. Honestly on defense they could guard Jak with their point guard and he wouldn't be able to take advantage of it. The era of big men who can't do with the ball is over. We already play 90s ball with Demar. Do we have to do the same with Jak?
    I would agree that I'm not sold on Jakob being a full time starter. For now, he has stepped up admirably, and his defensive efficiency stats back that up even if he has an off game here or there. He is probably better suited for a bench role, but he seems to perform best on this particular team at this particular time in the starting lineup.

Could the Spurs find someone better? Probably...but that doesn't change the situation we are in now.

The point remains...bang-bang plays happen all the time in the NBA. I've only played recreational and pickup ball, but that's enough to teach you how easy it can be to step in the wrong spot or be in the wrong place in the wrong time. I've been fortunate enough to only have a couple tweaked ankles and a knee bruise (falling on the concrete sucks), but going back to my point... happens in basketball. Some players manage to go through their careers without serious injury, others have careers derailed by it.

Blaming Poeltl for standing there is the same as blaming White for jumping and landing where Poeltl was standing. There is no point blaming anybody when it was clearly just an accident unless you just want to use it as vindication for your Poeltl hate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would agree that I'm not sold on Jakob being a full time starter. For now, he has stepped up admirably, and his defensive efficiency stats back that up even if he has an off game here or there. He is probably better suited for a bench role, but he seems to perform best on this particular team at this particular time in the starting lineup.

Could the Spurs find someone better? Probably...but that doesn't change the situation we are in now.

The point remains...bang-bang plays happen all the time in the NBA. I've only played recreational and pickup ball, but that's enough to teach you how easy it can be to step in the wrong spot or be in the wrong place in the wrong time. I've been fortunate enough to only have a couple tweaked ankles and a knee bruise (falling on the concrete sucks), but going back to my point... happens in basketball. Some players manage to go through their careers without serious injury, others have careers derailed by it.

Blaming Poeltl for standing there is the same as blaming White for jumping and landing where Poeltl was standing. There is no point blaming anybody when it was clearly just an accident unless you just want to use it as vindication for your Poeltl hate.
    I agree on this part. I said it mainly as a joke since I'm known as a huge Poeltl hater and then just went with it when people took it seriously. But the more I started arguing it the more i started convincing myself For the life of me I don't know how to blue font on my iphone. White should know better than to land on someone and I don't even know why he jumped to begin with. It was one of those fake hustle plays where he can be like look I "attempted" to get back in the play.

But Poeltl just standing there like an idiot watching the made basket and then not being aware of his teammate did annoy me. Like if Poeltl would've done the fake hustle like White did then none of it would've happened. Of course hindsight works both ways with had Derrick not jumped to begin with...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's what I keep asking myself...if its this frustrating watching these guys just sit on the sidelines all game I can only imagine how frustrating it might be for the young bucks especially right after having great games that they did, it's got to be hard not feeling like your being punished.

These guys should be given every opportunity to get ingame experience right now but of course Pop just won't have the youngsters develop and learn on their own without his thumb being on it.

I mean , they are not even having team practices right now how the does one expect them to learn and get better by just being the towel wavers.

In sure most of us here on Spurstalk watches allot of games but does that make us better players? I'm pretty sure not much
    Last edited by Chomag; 04-28-2021 at 02:26 PM.

Thread Information