Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Spurs Go!
    Last edited by DC23; 04-28-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too soon=loss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami will play that zone again ... Lonnie needs to hit his threes tonight!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

And we win by 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never seen a zone be that effective, for that long, against an NBA team. Spoel made us look high school in our last meeting. Hopefully Pop and his coaches have cracked the code. Made me miss Ettore Messina. If it becomes a night of Patty chucking contested threes from 4 feet beyond the arc I'm going to lose my sh!t.

Miami by 5. Chopper buys a new TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the records between the Heat and the Spurs are so close, winning this game may seal the deal on the 15th pick as being the highest the Spurs could get in the draft (if the Spurs continue being hot).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick was a good 15-20% of why I’ve been watching these treadmill games in the last month or so

I’m going to try to be excited about more derozan and the play in but blech

Go Spurs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 in a row!
    I've never seen a zone be that effective, for that long, against an NBA team. Spoel made us look high school in our last meeting. Hopefully Pop and his coaches have cracked the code. Made me miss Ettore Messina. If it becomes a night of Patty chucking contested threes from 4 feet beyond the arc I'm going to lose my sh!t.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 in a row!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Injuries: Derrick White (ankle - OUT), Trey Lyles (ankle - OUT)
    Heat Injuries: Kendrick Nunn (neck - day to day), Andre Iguodala (day to day), Tyler Herro (foot - day to day), Duncan Robinson (illness - day to day), Victor Oladipo (knee - OUT)

Miami favored. Lonnie on a beast mode against the zone. Let's go!! Spurs by 7pts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that's because all the other 29 teams start more than one 3-point shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, players need to dribble into the paint, and hit that little 12 footer, just inside the foul line. There’s a dead spot in all zones, and that’s it. Only Rudy figured it out last time. If you miss, there’s a great chance for a putback, because zones keep defenders from putting a body on a rebounder very easily.

We don’t shoot well enough from 3 to break a zone that way, especially without White. Miami WANTS us to put up 3s, because when we miss, their high zone players are off to the races on the break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, players need to dribble into the paint, and hit that little 12 footer, just inside the foul line. There’s a dead spot in all zones, and that’s it. Only Rudy figured it out last time. If you miss, there’s a great chance for a putback, because zones keep defenders from putting a body on a rebounder very easily.

We don’t shoot well enough from 3 to break a zone that way, especially without White. Miami WANTS us to put up 3s, because when we miss, their high zone players are off to the races on the break.
    Pop's idea of playing against the zone is Patty chucking 3's. When he misses, he got run over by big athletic guards, while Rudy cannot even get back on time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's idea of playing against the zone is Patty chucking 3's. When he misses, he got run over by big athletic guards, while Rudy cannot even get back on time
    Pop’s not telling them to shoot 3s over it. He’s not a fan of the shot at all. Your hatred has blinded you.

Rudy, DD, and DJ should all feast tonight in the lane any time Miami drops into the zone. Keldon and Poeltl should get some relatively easy put backs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were penetrating the zone last game against the heat but they were getting swarmed without whistles and so they retreated to outside shots.

There was a stretch starting in 2Q where spurs couldn't get a call and Miami was getting 3 straight trips to the line. It was a 1-2 possession game up until that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First thought when I saw the game thread was 6. It still haunts me

We play so much better on the road that I feel like we are going to win. But no White (thanks Jak) tonight and we are just a really inconsistent team. Plus we don't put our foot on teams throats when they are injured. Tough call to make

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were penetrating the zone last game against the heat but they were getting swarmed without whistles and so they retreated to outside shots.

There was a stretch starting in 2Q where spurs couldn't get a call and Miami was getting 3 straight trips to the line. It was a 1-2 possession game up until that point.
    You don’t hesitate, and they did last time. In fact, if they’re running that trap again, you attack IMMEDIATELY once you’re across half court, because you’ll have numbers as they try to scramble back into their zone. Don’t give them the chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First thought when I saw the game thread was 6. It still haunts me

We play so much better on the road that I feel like we are going to win. But no White (thanks Jak) tonight and we are just a really inconsistent team. Plus we don't put our foot on teams throats when they are injured. Tough call to make
    I hate Derrick going down, but it should be an opportunity for Lonnie to beast up. The guy can score in different ways if he wants to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs by 20+ tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Derrick going down, but it should be an opportunity for Lonnie to beast up. The guy can score in different ways if he wants to.
    When Lonnie is assertive and calls his own number, he is a joy to watch. Lately though he hasn't been that. It could be as simple as coming off the bench with chuckers such as Rudy and Patty. I want him to not even look to his teammates today and just the hoop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Lonnie is assertive and calls his own number, he is a joy to watch. Lately though he hasn't been that. It could be as simple as coming off the bench with chuckers such as Rudy and Patty. I want him to not even look to his teammates today and just the hoop
    He's a good soldier who listens to Pop. Sometimes a little defiance like DJ, and Manu way back, should not hurt. But then again, they back up with defense and that's what Lonnie needs to work on also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop’s not telling them to shoot 3s over it. He’s not a fan of the shot at all. Your hatred has blinded you.

Rudy, DD, and DJ should all feast tonight in the lane any time Miami drops into the zone. Keldon and Poeltl should get some relatively easy put backs.
    My hope is that you're right. I'd guess the young guys are much more prepared for this than last time. In our first game it was a trapping zone. I'm sure we'll see some wrinkles to that set, where Miami tests the zone's effectiveness, but hopefully our guys bust it easily. That was a painful second half in our previous game with Miami.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Garcia pAulGarciaNBA
    4m Latest Heat injury report has Duncan Robinson now listed as questionable (stomach illness).

Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat
    1m
    Spoelstra says Nunn will definitely play and that Robinson likely will, too.
    Last edited by ace3g; 04-28-2021 at 05:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anybody else find it weird that a guy named Duncan Robinson is not a spur

Thread Information