Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This quote should be a posterboard for people who on players who play very sparingly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is much more of a 3 than Keldon tbh

Keldon is really a 3-4 tweener best fit to be a bench energy guy... or basically have the Rudy Gay role
    Relative to Keldon, he may be. Without using Keldon as a comparison, he's a 2 to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is off topic, Chinook, but considering you feel White's extension was a gamble that didn't go our way, what do you think the Spurs should do about Lonnie this offseason? He's younger than White, has more upside, but has also been massively inconsistent and showed no defensive instincts. Should they extend him and, if so, really what would be a good deal? Or give Lonnie another year and risk him breaking out and then having an RFA situation? I'm leaning towards the latter.
    It's going to depend on what the Spurs do with their cap space this summer. The reason why White getting an extension raised some eyebrows is because the Spurs initially had enough cap space to look at two max players this summer. White and to some expect Poeltl made getting two max guys harder. If the Spurs are going to look to go into 2022's summer with cap space, then not extending Walker would help with that. Right now, the team is looking at around $34 Million in space assuming no one gets re-upped this off-season and Walker's hold is the one on the books next summer to consider. That's not enough for a vested max slot, but it would be enough to sign an RFA-level max. Could be worth it, but it's not as beneficial as having two vested max slots like the Spurs had a chance at this summer.

Said another way, if SA re-signs DeRozan or another free agent or makes a big acquisition this summer, then Walker's hold will likely already block out too much cap space to hope to add him and another notable free agent. If the Spurs are prepared to renounce him and lose him for nothing, then there's no reason to extend him. I agree with you that that's something they might already be willing to accept. But if they value him and are okay with extending him, then doing may not have the same opportunity cost as White's extension did. It could easily make sense to extend Walker.

Also, it's possible Walker's extension isn't for a lot of money. His cap hold for 2022 is currently for $13.3 Million. I could easily see the two sides agreeing to a deal starting at or even below that figure. Walker's stock is meh, and him being a bench player may not help. The Spurs might actually be able to open up a 2022 max slot by extending Walker for like $10 Million as the starting salary versus playing with his cap hold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relative to Keldon, he may be. Without using Keldon as a comparison, he's a 2 to me.
    imo he doesnt do enough with the ball in his hands to be a backcourt player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to depend on what the Spurs do with their cap space this summer. The reason why White getting an extension raised some eyebrows is because the Spurs initially had enough cap space to look at two max players this summer. White and to some expect Poeltl made getting two max guys harder. If the Spurs are going to look to go into 2022's summer with cap space, then not extending Walker would help with that. Right now, the team is looking at around $34 Million in space assuming no one gets re-upped this off-season and Walker's hold is the one on the books next summer to consider. That's not enough for a vested max slot, but it would be enough to sign an RFA-level max. Could be worth it, but it's not as beneficial as having two vested max slots like the Spurs had a chance at this summer.

Said another way, if SA re-signs DeRozan or another free agent or makes a big acquisition this summer, then Walker's hold will likely already block out too much cap space to hope to add him and another notable free agent. If the Spurs are prepared to renounce him and lose him for nothing, then there's no reason to extend him. I agree with you that that's something they might already be willing to accept. But if they value him and are okay with extending him, then doing may not have the same opportunity cost as White's extension did. It could easily make sense to extend Walker.

Also, it's possible Walker's extension isn't for a lot of money. His cap hold for 2022 is currently for $13.3 Million. I could easily see the two sides agreeing to a deal starting at or even below that figure. Walker's stock is meh, and him being a bench player may not help. The Spurs might actually be able to open up a 2022 max slot by extending Walker for like $10 Million as the starting salary versus playing with his cap hold.
    Cheers. If we can get Walker for about 10 a year, it might be worth it given his athletcism and youth. The Spurs really have to consider who they're going to lock up. Keldon will up the year later. Everntually, somone has to break out, otherwise you're burning up all your salary cap on "okayish" (by NBA standards) guys without a star or two to make you a contender. As you say, opportunity cost, but SA has a hard time landing top tier FAs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DAMN

honestly I’m not surprised though. It looked pretty bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already starting with the bull fouls

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob with his signature move, first possession foul.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright, this one is an L boys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Annoying start

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad passing early. SMH.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar ball is losing ball against every team that isn't a bottom feeder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this isn't even compe ive

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    When your first and second options(Demar/Murray)primary offensive weapon is a midrange jumper, you're gonna have a very bad time in the modern NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Master of midrange" is a modern day euphemism for "don't worry, he ain't winning a championship."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atleast we have the built in white injury excuse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Master of midrange" is a modern day euphemism for "don't worry, he ain't winning a championship."
    The important thing is that he gets the majority of the offensive work and the Youngs don't develop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Vassell grow over the season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont worry guys patty hasnt been unleashed yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The defense hasn’t been too bad so far. Hopefully they can at least keep the intensity on that side of the ball all game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Destar already pacing the spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else having issues with the new Bally Sports app? Seems to have some major kinks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this isn't even compe ive

Were only down 4 broski

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    turned the game on. saw demar dribble himself into a turnover, and butler just go right at Patty for an easy 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were only down 4 broski
    4 possessions?

Thread Information