Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest to God derp is such a dumbass.
    He cant face his own hypocrisy.
    Derp should be put to death for cowardice. Cowards cannot be called a human life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, dovetailing onto fallibility, something derp brought up, that's not minor. It's pretty huge. Especially when there's really no reason why you couldn't keep these people locked up for life (other than the administrative cost).

Overall, it's less of an issue now, because we're not burning up heretics and witches, but on the other hand, we keep developing science like DNA tests, which have gotten quite a few wrongly imprisoned people (some on deathrow) free.
    ElNN

You are giving him way too much credit.
    He has not proceeded past the very basic definition of a human life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mention of George Washington?

Oh yeah, this should definitely sway our definition of a human life.

wtf... This derp is pure molded thought. Its just minimal and reeks.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mention of George Washington?

Oh yeah, this should definitely sway our definition of a human life.

wtf... This derp is pure molded thought. Its just minimal and reeks.
    Coherence will never be your friend. What's wrong with George Washington?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honest to God derp is such a dumbass.
    He cant face his own hypocrisy.
    Derp should be put to death for cowardice. Cowards cannot be called a human life.
    You literally just made my case for the death penalty, you ing moron.

Way to checkmate yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You literally just made my case for the death penalty, you ing moron.

Way to checkmate yourself.
    Okay.
    So cowards like derp, even if they don’t kill are not human life’s. Anyone who kills is no longer a human life. The people who carry out the executions derp demands for cowards, soldiers and murderers are no longer human lives as they have killed. So now they must be killed (by who derp, the executioners automatically are not human lives once their duty is done).

Keep going derp, beautiful stuff potato head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I need to keep feeding the 6x ST MVP

A naked display of stupidity is underway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abandon ship derp?

Move to another thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all; I said you clearly believe in capital punishment based on what you put forth.
    No need to argue about it.
    For what it's worth, I'm open to the idea of not having it based on humanitarian grounds.
    But this BS about mixing it up with abortion doesn't move the needle. It's desperate.
    Missed this. I don't have to be for or against capital punishment, because I'm not the one preaching about the sanc y of life.

If you do, however, preach that, then certainly the disconnect is readily apparent. There's really no way to spin this, either life is precious or it isn't.

What's really left unsaid is that what we're really being offered here is that the preciousness of life is really balanced against some traditionalist moral code or values, that largely has nothing to do with religion either.

This has never really been about the sanc y of life or protecting the unborn or even religion, it's an excuse to impose a selective moral code, that's why it always has been on shaky grounds.

It's not surprising when a women decides to exercise her right to an abortion, plenty of these same people refer to her as a . What is that if not a direct moral condemnation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey ElNono

Why don't you address posts instead of trying to prevent other viewers from seeing them?
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10494101
    You know the deal, stop posting, and I'll stop doing that. It's all in your hands, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why aren't these anti-abortion dweebs so passionate about babies and children killed or abused/neglected by their parents? It selfish to force these mothers and parents who are ill equipped to bring children in this world they have no emotional attachment to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the inability to undo a mistake is a big one re: the death penalty

i also think its just devoid of any moral value. you dont get anything out of it. it doesnt undo the wrong done. its purely retribution, which i dont think has any moral value. valid intentions of criminal sentences are deterrence, safety of society from dangerous individuals, and where possible, reformation. i dont think there are any good indicators or statistical evidence that death penalty vs life provides any further deterrence

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the inability to undo a mistake is a big one re: the death penalty

i also think its just devoid of any moral value. you dont get anything out of it. it doesnt undo the wrong done. its purely retribution, which i dont think has any moral value. valid intentions of criminal sentences are deterrence, safety of society from dangerous individuals, and where possible, reformation. i dont think there are any good indicators or statistical evidence that death penalty vs life provides any further deterrence
    It's the eye for an eye thing, which again, has really nothing to do with Christian values or anything like that, just a very primitive form of legalized revenge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fkn hypocrite...

Oklahoma will resume executions by early-to-mid 2021 at the earliest, Hunter told committee members. The state is currently fighting a lawsuit in federal court, brought on by attorneys of death row inmates
    There's a difference. A massive difference.

Thread Information