Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're GM / manager.
    Not the initial bat off the basket support. Keep watching till the :50 mark onward.
    Whaddaya gonna do?

Kevin Love roasted on Twitter for bad inbound ball play | wkyc.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The referee(s) should've blown the whistle. Love never had control of the ball for the play to start.
    Terrible officiating.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're GM / manager.
    Whaddaya gonna do?
    Probably nothing. He's a good top player to have while tanking.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $30 million dollars a year and too lazy to inbound the ing ball

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Doing something that blatant should be grounds to have your contract terminated regardless of guarantees.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doing something that blatant should be grounds to have your contract terminated regardless of guarantees.
    The players association would never accept that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The referee(s) should've blown the whistle. Love never had control of the ball for the play to start.
    Terrible officiating.
    So predictable What if LBJ did that?

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    He’s a horrible person using his mental illness to garner sympathy.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Reporter: “Kevin what happened on the inbounds play?”

Mental midget: “I’m having a bad day. I don’t feel well.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah when the ref tosses you the ball for the throw in and you just bat it away, it doesn't matter if he didn't have control of the ball. The ball was given to him for the throw in and for him to control it and he just decided to be stupid.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lol derp always bashing on the modern generations of basketball players for being "soft" then proceeds to defend a mentally soft player doing a supremely mentally soft action who happens to be white

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So predictable What if LBJ did that?
    You mad I'm calling out the ref on not following the rule, dawg?

Or you just bringing it back to your Lebron fetish?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah when the ref tosses you the ball for the throw in and you just bat it away, it doesn't matter if he didn't have control of the ball. The ball was given to him for the throw in and for him to control it and he just decided to be stupid.
    Actually it does. If he doesn't have control, the play hasn't started. The ref could've called delay of game; but that's the rules, son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually it does. If he doesn't have control, the play hasn't started. The ref could've called delay of game; but that's the rules, son.
    No it's not the rule. Once the ref tosses it at you that's when the inbound pass starts. If he juggled it or something then I can see your point. But him hitting the ball is him having control of it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it's not the rule. Once the ref tosses it at you that's when the inbound pass starts. If he juggled it or something then I can see your point. But him hitting the ball is him having control of it.
    You can't make stupid sh** up just cos you lost the argument.

A ref hands a player out of bounds the ball and he fails to control it and "drops" it. What does the ref call?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't make stupid sh** up just cos you lost the argument.

A ref hands a player out of bounds the ball and he fails to control it and "drops" it. What does the ref call?
    But he very clearly DIDN'T drop it. He hit it. If he dropped it then your argument holds water. But the first line in the rulebook says "The throw-in starts when the ball is given to the player en led to the throw-in." The ref gave Kevin Love the ball and Kevin was a about it and the ref was just like ok if you want to act that way that's fine, ball is in play.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    by derps theory, then players would literally never have to dribble and instead could just volleyball the ball up and down the court since an intentional slap of the ball in a desired direction doesn't count as "control"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I were the coach, I would have not only benched him, but sent him to the showers immediately.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he very clearly DIDN'T drop it. He hit it. If he dropped it then your argument holds water. But the first line in the rulebook says "The throw-in starts when the ball is given to the player en led to the throw-in." The ref gave Kevin Love the ball and Kevin was a about it and the ref was just like ok if you want to act that way that's fine, ball is in play.
    So you think there's a rule that gauges intent? There is not. The inbounder either has the ball in his possession or he doesn't for the play to start.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by derps theory, then players would literally never have to dribble and instead could just volleyball the ball up and down the court since an intentional slap of the ball in a desired direction doesn't count as "control"
    How would that happen unless the player takes control first?

Don't let the hate guide you; it just makes you an even tier poster.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    How would that happen unless the player takes control first?

Don't let the hate guide you; it just makes you an even tier poster.
    if the ball is passed to someone, then they could just volley it up and down the court

no different than the ref passing it to the inbounder

you can't possibly be this re ed can you

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the ball is passed to someone, then they could just volley it up and down the court

no different than the ref passing it to the inbounder

you can't possibly be this re ed can you
    Don't play a 'stupid' card you don't have, slob.

Yea, I'm supposed to just imagine you meant a teammate lobbing a ball and a player ing a basketball 90 feet. K

As it is, the rule is established. I've seen referees blow plays dead time and time again when the inbounder does not first establish control.
    This should've been no different. Terrible officiating as I said.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Don't play a 'stupid' card you don't have, slob.

Yea, I'm supposed to just imagine you meant a teammate lobbing a ball and a player ing a basketball 90 feet. K

As it is, the rule is established. I've seen referees blow plays dead time and time again when the inbounder does not first establish control.
    This should've been no different. Terrible officiating as I said.
    so then since slapping a ball does not establish control, would not a player theoretically be able to volley a ball up and down the court without ever having to dribble? im simply presenting the theory behind your claims, these are not my claims at all.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I remember some smart@ss at the rec center doing that when I was a kid and claimed the same thing that "he never had control". Dude was an autistic genius so nobody could really question him on it

Thread Information