My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs period from 2008-2012 was pretty effin rough

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Biggems' credit, I would admit that Stackhouse was somewhat of a dirty player for us during the mid-00's. He was that 'enforcer' type that every championship calibre team has to have. I do recall a couple of plays in particular (chokeslamming Ginobili, shoving Shaq into the stands on that breakaway layup, etc)...but like I said, the Mavs had to have somebody who would fight back. I just think it's hilarious how Jason Terry of all people Spurfans hate the most even a decade later. Even just a few years ago, I saw many GNSFs saying how Terry was their most disliked player ever just because of that nutpunch It was obviously intentional, and uncalled for but you'd think he gave prime Duncan a career-ending injury or something with all the hate he has even though the nutpunch only got him suspended and hurt the Mavs. The hate for Terry is bizarre and up there with Zaza for some reason hence the ongoing Jason 'Bin Laden' Terry, nutpunch = 9/11, etc. shtick

You are right though. The mid-00's Mavericks were kind of a weird team in that they had a very high peak for a short time despite not having an all-world roster nor being elite in either offense or defense
    I think they worked out for some time because Avery Johnson was bent on doing a 180 from Nellie's era run and gun Mavs to trying to turn the Mavs into the 99 Spurs. The offensive pace was extremely slooooow, Avery micromanaged the tempo and made Dirk quit shooting threes and instead go four down in the post almost every possession, with Howard/Stackhouse taking their turns, and it worked for awhile. Very few threes, few assists, little ball movement, tons of free throws and the defense performed well against most teams because of Dampier/Diop in the paint, but those Avery Mavs teams were weak defensively against the three point shot which exposed them against the Nash Suns and (especially) the Nellie era Warriors -- which is why they never won a championship. In fact, Dirk and the Mavs never would have gotten over the hump without getting Carlisle and a bunch of three point shooters and radically changing their gameplan and philosophy.

As for Jason 'Bin Laden' Terry, it wasn't just the nut punch. It dates back to Terry's days in Atlanta when he made that miracle shot over Timmy's outstretched arms to beat the Spurs in Atlanta in December 2002 when the Hawks were the league's bottom feeders at the time so it was an embarrassing loss for the Spurs. It's also all the tough shots Terry made to beat the Spurs throughout his Mavericks and even Rockets days. Terry was seen as a spurkiller, not quite Derek Fisher but somewhat close, more in the Marbury category IMO.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think they worked out for some time because Avery Johnson was bent on doing a 180 from Nellie's era run and gun Mavs to trying to turn the Mavs into the 99 Spurs. The offensive pace was extremely slooooow, Avery micromanaged the tempo and made Dirk quit shooting threes and instead go four down in the post almost every possession, with Howard/Stackhouse taking their turns, and it worked for awhile. Very few threes, few assists, little ball movement, tons of free throws and the defense performed well against most teams because of Dampier/Diop in the paint, but those Avery Mavs teams were weak defensively against the three point shot which exposed them against the Nash Suns and (especially) the Nellie era Warriors -- which is why they never won a championship. In fact, Dirk and the Mavs never would have gotten over the hump without getting Carlisle and a bunch of three point shooters and radically changing their gameplan and philosophy.

As for Jason 'Bin Laden' Terry, it wasn't just the nut punch. It dates back to Terry's days in Atlanta when he made that miracle shot over Timmy's outstretched arms to beat the Spurs in Atlanta in December 2002 when the Hawks were the league's bottom feeders at the time so it was an embarrassing loss for the Spurs. It's also all the tough shots Terry made to beat the Spurs throughout his Mavericks and even Rockets days. Terry was seen as a spurkiller, not quite Derek Fisher but somewhat close, more in the Marbury category IMO.
    I actually think their biggest problem was against bigger, physical guards. The problem with the Warriors (besides Dirk choking his only playoff series of his career) was the inability to keep Baron Davis out of the paint. He was able to drive and kick at will, and for some reason Damp seemed to get softer and softer as his time wore on with the team. Eventually he just became a turnstile. Rarely did he ever give any kind of hard foul, which was extremely frustrating. Same thing with D-Wade in the Finals, he basically lived in the paint. Even the garbage Lakers gave the Mavs fits because Kobe could literally do whatever he wanted (i.e. the 61 points in 3 quarters games).

Ironically, the massive overhaul in the roster by bringing in guys like Kidd, Marion, Butler, and Stevenson allowed them to beat the same kind of teams in 2011 that had always given them problems. Blazers had Roy who was a physical guard in his prime. Then they were able to get through Kobe, Durant, Harden, James, and Wade who would've all taken a giant dump on the guards that the mid-00 Mavs had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think their biggest problem was against bigger, physical guards. The problem with the Warriors (besides Dirk choking his only playoff series of his career) was the inability to keep Baron Davis out of the paint. He was able to drive and kick at will, and for some reason Damp seemed to get softer and softer as his time wore on with the team. Eventually he just became a turnstile. Rarely did he ever give any kind of hard foul, which was extremely frustrating. Same thing with D-Wade in the Finals, he basically lived in the paint. Even the garbage Lakers gave the Mavs fits because Kobe could literally do whatever he wanted (i.e. the 61 points in 3 quarters games).

Ironically, the massive overhaul in the roster by bringing in guys like Kidd, Marion, Butler, and Stevenson allowed them to beat the same kind of teams in 2011 that had always given them problems. Blazers had Roy who was a physical guard in his prime. Then they were able to get through Kobe, Durant, Harden, James, and Wade who would've all taken a giant dump on the guards that the mid-00 Mavs had.
    Makes a lot of sense overall. An interesting/cool side-plot to the 2011 Finals was Deshawn Stevenson getting the last laugh against his "bitter rival" Lebron from those Cavs/Wizards series where there was bad blood. I believe Stevenson retired after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize there aren't many actual farmers in San Antonio, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize there aren't many actual farmers in San Antonio, right?
    unless you're talking about a certain kind of 7 leaf plant, that is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signup for farmersonly.com, sort by zip and you will find out real quick, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Honestly, I don’t understand how 2,5,6,7 and 8 have anything to do with being racist.

tbh

i got 6, 7, and 8

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1, 6, 7, and 8.

Let me guess Humberto, you got 0?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when were the Mavs ever considered a dirty team? If anything they were criticized for being a soft, jump shooting team...but I have a feeling I know where this is going....probably the typical Spurfan overreaction to Jason "Bin Laden Hitler Stalin Zedong Ghengis Khan Satan Himself" Terry and his horrific atrocity committed on Michael Finley on May 17, 2006. I shudder to even recollect the horror of that event myself. The 15th anniversary is coming up in two weeks. Ala 9/11, I still remember what I was doing that exact second when it happened....and the world changed forever....
    Eduardo Najera.....s bag. just one player, but he was downright filthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terry wasn't dirty, just excitable and emotional. He lost his head a few times and overreacted. To me, a dirty player does violent acts while in a calm state. Karl Malone, John Stockton, Chris Paul, Eduardo Najera....

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    oh yeah, completely forgot about him. Can't argue with you on that one

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seemed like he towed the line though.
    He wasn't a hitman like Zaza.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Juwan Howard did commit a dirty play, but he was not a dirty player. 1 dirty foul does not make you a dirty player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    weird how saying one black guy is better than the other black guy in question 8 makes you a racist
    This woman thinks Tim Duncan is white

**edit** I scored a 4 but these questions are just bad. Of course I'm not going to like a Laker. That's what sports is about. Hating rival team's players. But the Westbrook one is weird to me. I don't dislike him, but I don't like him either. I feel like she should've said "hate Westbrook" instead bc I don't really care about a player on a EC team that's like 10 games below .500

Also does liking CP3 make you a racist? I'm so confused!
    Back in December of 2012 I bought court side tickets for Spurs vs Bobcats. Keep in mind I live in Charlotte. There was this guy sitting next to me who had brought his girlfriend who was a hot a blonde bimbo. I remember her saying out loud to her boyfriend "Tim Duncan is Black? I thought he was white." That to me was too funny at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terry wasn't dirty, just excitable and emotional. He lost his head a few times and overreacted. To me, a dirty player does violent acts while in a calm state. Karl Malone, John Stockton, Chris Paul, Eduardo Najera....
    Don’t leave out Bruce Bowen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in December of 2012 I bought court side tickets for Spurs vs Bobcats. Keep in mind I live in Charlotte. There was this guy sitting next to me who had brought his girlfriend who was a hot a blonde bimbo. I remember her saying out loud to her boyfriend "Tim Duncan is Black? I thought he was white." That to me was too funny at the time.
    Yeah it's weird how many people don't think Tim Duncan is black. Idk if it's because he's from the Virgin Islands or if it's because he never really brings up his race that much. But there are people out there who think like- well he's not white, but he's not black either. Might just be that island culture thing that none of the other NBA players have.

btw that story of yours is hilarious. Just imagining how it happened is really funny. Typical casual bimbos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

WHY THE !!!!!!!!!.... are you Following the TWEETS of a 12 Year Old Tick Toker girl

YOU PEDERAST !!!!!!

Oh Yeah King of Spurms talk Fake Laker Fan doing what Spursm Talk Fake Laker Fans have been doing for decades now....

This is so sick, you following and simping for a 12 year old Tick Toker girl on twitter, it goes up there with that dude who was into some gay ass anami show.... ALSO A FAK ASS LKR FAN on here
    Lkrfan must be 12 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lkrfan must be 12 tbh
    Nah, he’s just following the footsteps of his idol Karl Malone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t leave out Bruce Bowen.
    he wasn't dirty, just very physical

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    he wasn't dirty, just very physical
    Placing your foot under jump shooters is dirty, not physical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, he’s just following the footsteps of his idol Karl Malone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, that must have set you back what, 40 dollars?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

WHY THE !!!!!!!!!.... are you Following the TWEETS of a 12 Year Old Tick Toker girl

YOU PEDERAST !!!!!!

Oh Yeah King of Spurms talk Fake Laker Fan doing what Spursm Talk Fake Laker Fans have been doing for decades now....

This is so sick, you following and simping for a 12 year old Tick Toker girl on twitter, it goes up there with that dude who was into some gay ass anami show.... ALSO A FAK ASS LKR FAN on here

Gotta make them anchor babies early

Thread Information