Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smith and Rider for sure. I'd throw in Ricky Davis and Vernon Maxwell as other talented scorers that should've had more stable careers. Max had a couple of stints here during the DRob years. Gregg was an asst the first time and was the GM who signed him in '96. He took a flyer on him, and brought in Stephen Jackson twice. If he made Jax work, could it happen with Porter...why not, I think.
    Jax had issues twice while he was with the Spurs. There is a reason why he could not last long term in SA. Like I said before unless you have a championship team these type of players are useless since they will not get in line unless they are on a le team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the JR Smith comparisons are a little too easy... Porter's already had 4 double digit assist games in his second year as an NBA player, with a high of 14. JR Smith never had a double digit assist game during his 16 year career. The behavioral issues might be similar, but Porter's much less of a one dimensional player.
    It's all about behavior for me and this kid's behavior is that of a malcontent. I'm not expecting the average NBA player to be a choir boy but this kid has had do ented issues in the past. His talent is not good enough to override those issues in my eyes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the Spurs play the RGV team sponsored by the Rockets in the Gubble. KPJ, went off early, like 10-12 points. The Spurs coach put Trey Jones on him. End of story. He ing stoned him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porter is too young to stamp his projection. Granted it's been very poor in just one year but being 20 we may be able to give him a break. Maybe he can be another Ron Artest and have league wide accolades while being just a bit screwy. Artest was another guy the Spurs tried to get around 2001, 2002. Remember he won two games for Sacramento against that dominant '06 Spurs team in the first round.

I may be influenced by the boxscore last night. His 9 three's are probably more than DeRozan has hit all season.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We really couldn't part ways with Kevin Porter Jr. for a protected top 55 second round pick? I don't get it...

KPJ went for 50 today. A feat that none of the big 4 young have ever done (White, Murray, KJ, and White).

SA isn't exactly a top landing spot for free agents.
    Damn you need some heroes, dude.

Ken Norman (18.1 ppg), Danny Manning (16.7 ppg), Benoit Benjamin (16.4 ppg), and Charles Smith (16.1 ppg) were a bigger young Big 4.
    And that 88-89 Clippers team went 21-61.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porter is too young to stamp his projection. Granted it's been very poor in just one year but being 20 we may be able to give him a break. Maybe he can be another Ron Artest and have league wide accolades while being just a bit screwy. Artest was another guy the Spurs tried to get around 2001, 2002. Remember he won two games for Sacramento against that dominant '06 Spurs team in the first round.

I may be influenced by the boxscore last night. His 9 three's are probably more than DeRozan has hit all season.
    Attest had a few screws loose, but he never had problems with teammates. KPJ has.

Some guys are just bad guys, and they don’t need to get older for you to figure that out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chemistry >winning

culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chemistry >winning

culture.
    Our talent margin is so thin that one idiot could ruin the locker room.

Thread Information