Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only saw the last 10 seconds of overtime. But this sounds VERY depressing...
    In the first half, we looked like the 2016 Warriors.

In the second half, we looked like the 2012 Bobcats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a ty spurs team this is. watched the 4Q and OT, but rarely do I watch a full game anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now Spurs are ing tapped for the next game because Pop destroyed his starter's legs in the midst of a daunting schedule and no more than one day off in between games.

He's demonstrating a stubborness that is clearly hurting his team. I've had enough. He has to go.

Just dont bring in Becky. Will or Ime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH he just didn’t look good out there
    Thanks. Not looking good in what way? Missing rotations? Gumming up the offense? Slow and sick? Cheers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least Javale has three championships.
    Wow. That's sad as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the first half, we looked like the 2016 Warriors.

In the second half, we looked like the 2012 Bobcats.
    That's quite a Jekyl and Hyde team we have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst loss in the last 30 years. At least after the 2013 Finals, we still had the big three and a young Kawhi to look forward to the year after. In 1996, we had a lotto pick. We have nothing in our near future except treadmill picks, middling talent and a front office run by a castoff from Pistons/Magic. Spurs are a joke of a team with no future. Extending Demar in the summer will be the cherry on top of the sundae
    This is a hundred percent true, there's really nothing to look forward to with this team

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans used to laugh at teams that featured career losers like Demar and Rudy Gay. Now we're the team that every NBA fan laughs at

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only saw the last 10 seconds of overtime. But this sounds VERY depressing...
    Bill, I’m going to be honest, it was almost comical for me. I would usually take losses like this poorly but I just laughed at the comedy of errors laid out before me.

The icing on the cake was a play drawn up for a Lonnie Walker Alley Oop - off a Rudy Gay lob, from out of bounds that ended up in that same, very fitting position too by sailing out, high over his head on the other side of the court.

I’m assuming the secondary action was for a Jakob 3 in the corner…

Such a tough game to grade as Spurs played some of their best team basketball in the first half all year and then inexplicably went away from it as Boston tightened the screws.

This loss may fester for some time…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a hundred percent true, there's really nothing to look forward to with this team
    This is why I think this summer the spurs need to do everything in their power to find there next franchise player. Easier said then done but every player should be available at draft time if they believe they can trade up for a player who could be the next franchise player because let’s be real I love the young guys but none of them are franchise players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans used to laugh at teams that featured career losers like Demar and Rudy Gay. Now we're the team that every NBA fan laughs at
    it's nuts how far this franchise has fallen, and so quickly too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now Spurs are ing tapped for the next game because Pop destroyed his starter's legs in the midst of a daunting schedule and no more than one day off in between games.

He's demonstrating a stubborness that is clearly hurting his team. I've had enough. He has to go.

Just dont bring in Becky. Will or Ime
    Eventually we all come to that conclusion. Some sooner than others.

Biggest damn reason we NEVER went back to back! People have been noticing his ty coaching skills since way back but the big 3 kept him looking like a genius. This man is the ultimate freeloader. This is NBA welfare!

That and we have the tiest media around. A bunch of yes men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill, I’m going to be honest, it was almost comical for me. I would usually take losses like this poorly but I just laughed at the comedy of errors laid out before me.

The icing on the cake was a play drawn up for a Lonnie Walker Alley Oop - off a Rudy Gay lob, from out of bounds that ended up in that same, very fitting position too by sailing out, high over his head on the other side of the court.

Such a tough game to grade as Spurs played some of their best team basketball in the first half all year and then inexplicably went away from it as Boston tightened the screws.

What else can i do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cheers bro. Thanks for the breakdown. I've seen references already to the infamous "Lonnie Lob" play in the thread. Not sure I'll look it up on Youtube. I see Lonnie scored 24, so do we take comfort in that? He's getting 20 point games more frequently. Or was he a turnstile on defense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eventually we all come to that conclusion. Some sooner than others.

Biggest damn reason we NEVER went back to back! People have been noticing his ty coaching skills since way back but the big 3 kept him looking like a genius. This man is the ultimate freeloader. This is NBA welfare!

That and we have the tiest media around. A bunch of yes men.
    Pop wouldn’t last a season with the Nets or the Knicks with that NYC media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TiMVP you MUST give the forum the grades it needs!

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop wouldn’t last a season with the Nets or the Knicks with that NYC media.
    Yup, they would eat him alive. His regime of yes men keep him secure in his safe space in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t even realize Tatum dropped a 60 piece on us LMAO!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    80% screw-up on Pop but Lonnie didn't even try. If you are a dunker like he is he needs to power thru that weak as defense. Just jump in the direction of the rim and in today's NBA that will be a foul. He should be able to immediately recognize the position the defender is taking and either execute the play or understand you need to make the refs call something.

I take it back.. it's 99% on grampa for not knowing Lonnie is really a soft player.
    that was about to be my answer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got damn 60 piece for tatum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheers bro. Thanks for the breakdown. I've seen references already to the infamous "Lonnie Lob" play in the thread. Not sure I'll look it up on Youtube. I see Lonnie scored 24, so do we take comfort in that? He's getting 20 point games more frequently. Or was he a turnstile on defense?
    Lonnie was the reason we didn't lose in regulation. He was the only player who answered the Celtics run. Nothing to complain here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between the 30 point comeback and Tatum's 60 point game, Bostonians will be there usual Sports-arrogant selves for a while.

Oh, well, you let Tom Brady go....Now, you're stuck with Bill Belichick. Like being stuck with Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMHO, Lonnie wasn’t the problem, it was Gay throwing the pass. He just isn’t very good at sharing the ball and the play wasn’t there, Lonnie was too well guarded. Needed to get the ball in play first and run another set. A PG would have seen that, there was still plenty of time on the clock too. It was just, in all honesty, a bizarre play that punctuated an embarrassing second half performance.

I thought Poeltl was rock solid all night, as well as KJ. Lonnie was a reason the lead didn’t diminish sooner. His shot making kept us in it.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the stupidest team I've ever seen. Biggest assortment of low IQ players who have no ing clue how to execute or manage clock
    Our entire offense is nothing but midrange isos. ty coaching combined with low iq players makes this the most painful team to watch in Spur history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie was the reason we didn't lose in regulation. He was the only player who answered the Celtics run. Nothing to complain here
    Cheers. Lonnie potentially developing is really one of the few beacons of hope.

Thread Information