Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all those saying soft tank ,just what exactly are the spurs tanking for? They're virtually stuck in 10th despite no teams really giving a fck about the play in 8-10 seeds. This team is trying to win but cant get the fck out of treadmill mode. What a ing shame

Patty mills 6thmoty
    And they will continue in soft tank mode as long as they keep relying on Derozan. They need to embrace the hardcore tank, trade away some of the young guys to get better talent. Staying as is will do them no favors in the long run. They should have embraced the tank after Nephew quit on them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was simple, Boston made adjustments and Pop didn't do a damn thing thing to change or counter anything per par.. I can't believe people are still defending this old man.
    Pop already has an excuse for not adjusting. It’s called “pounding the rock,” where he’ll keep doing the same till the very end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This type of loss would have gotten me angry when the Spurs were contenders but with the way things are now I can say I'm not enraged.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between the 30 point comeback and Tatum's 60 point game, Bostonians will be there usual Sports-arrogant selves for a while.

Oh, well, you let Tom Brady go....Now, you're stuck with Bill Belichick. Like being stuck with Pop.

Though some think Bill Belicek is actually a great coach; I guess we'll have to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just watched the game ... always bad to be up by 30 points and then you look at length of the video already indicating this game goes to OT ... great choke job by the Spurs and man I miss the good old times when even the hottest guys in the league could not score 30 on us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hahahahahahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH he just didn’t look good out there
    If that was a reason not to play him, the old ducks would have been benched long time ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop already has an excuse for not adjusting. It’s called “pounding the rock,” where he’ll keep doing the same till the very end.
    One of the O.G. Truth Nukers. Post more, scrah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Spurs standards went downhill. TD would secure those rebounds every time especially when the game is on the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just watched the game ... always bad to be up by 30 points and then you look at length of the video already indicating this game goes to OT ... great choke job by the Spurs and man I miss the good old times when even the hottest guys in the league could not score 30 on us
    Especially when you already know who’s going to score every time. If it’s not working, why not try Luka or Diop on Tatum, just to have a different look?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they will continue in soft tank mode as long as they keep relying on Derozan. They need to embrace the hardcore tank, trade away some of the young guys to get better talent. Staying as is will do them no favors in the long run. They should have embraced the tank after Nephew quit on them.
    With the way the Spurs have been handling player injuries the past several years, not to mention horrible FO decision one after the next, why do we still somehow assume Kawhi didn't have a legit gripe with the FO?

But that aside, I actually think if we started the season without DDR and LMA, we would have a better record... there's irony for u... Lol

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Spurs standards went downhill. TD would secure those rebounds every time especially when the game is on the line.
    timmay didn’t make every single tip-in though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM disappeared when they needed him. He was missing white TBH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timmay didn’t make every single tip-in though

He would if that meant the game. Working on my Top 10 Spurs list, I miss Tiago’s hard work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM disappeared when they needed him. He was missing white TBH
    He didn't disappear...he had to defer to the temperamental "star" Derozan... It's sad when the young guys are the ones that have to keep him in check

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spin your DJM crap. He’s ok but he ain’t no PG.
    where was Murray when the team needed him.
    He did not show.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would if that meant the game. Working on my Top 10 Spurs list, I miss Tiago’s hard work.
    Actually no

In 2005 he missed the game winning tip in forcing overtime and horry bailed him out

In the 2013 Miami series he missed another gimme

He was so disappointed and mad at himself for that missed shot at the end of the game that when he took his position on defense he pounded on the floor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually no

In 2005 he missed the game winning tip in forcing overtime and horry bailed him out

In the 2013 Miami series he missed another gimme

He was so disappointed and mad at himself for that missed shot at the end of the game that when he took his position on defense he pounded on the floor
    listen to this guy boutons -- he knows what he's talking about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look I’m not going to pile the hate on DDR or Pop or whoever for this loss but this quote from your best player for me is telling:

Do you really think things weren’t going your way when you were up 32 pts, shooting 71% in the first half?
    That 1 or 2 plays were the difference in the game?

Lonnie’s quote:

Confidence is a major issue with this team. They love it when things are going their way, hitting shots, playing together etc.

When times get tough, they often wilt, go into their s and lack trust in one another.

Now if that doesn’t strike you as somewhat reminiscent of what has been said about DDR for his whole career, I don’t know what else to tell you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duh ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spin your DJM crap. He’s ok but he ain’t no PG.
    where was Murray when the team needed him.
    He did not show.
    We have been blown out and also lost large leads with White... Just accept he ISNT that guy... He is about to be 27 and hasn't scored over 15 points, or dished out over 3 assists per game for a season... He is wildly inconsistent and injury prone... Murray is 2 years younger and is better than him by most metrics, and has a higher PER... I trust that prime Murray will take us farther than prime White... Ppl forget Murray was our best player earlier in the season while the team was winning without White... If he was on another team we would laugh at them for thinking a 27 year old with his stats and history is their future savior... White will never be anything more than a pretty good starter or an amazing 6th man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look I’m not going to pile the hate on DDR or Pop or whoever for this loss but this quote from your best player for me is telling:

Do you really think things weren’t going your way when you were up 32 pts, shooting 71% in the first half?
    That 1 or 2 plays were the difference in the game?

Lonnie’s quote:

Confidence is a major issue with this team. They love it when things are going their way, hitting shots, playing together etc.

When times get tough, they often wilt, go into their s and lack trust in one another.

Now if that doesn’t strike you as somewhat reminiscent of what has been said about DDR for his whole career, I don’t know what else to tell you.
    I actually noticed that Murray was losing his cool when things were getting tighter in the 4th. I felt Murray had a really bad second half, especially in the 4th. As a whole, only Walker and Poeltl seemed to have the balls to make plays. Everyone else was desperately trying to get the ball to DDR and just hoping he could get them over the line. Celtics then just stacked the court. Smart was getting physical with DDR and DDR was getting tired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have been blown out and also lost large leads with White... Just accept he ISNT that guy... He is about to be 27 and hasn't scored over 15 points, or dished out over 3 assists per game for a season... He is wildly inconsistent and injury prone... Murray is 2 years younger and is better than him by most metrics, and has a higher PER... I trust that prime Murray will take us farther than prime White... Ppl forget Murray was our best player earlier in the season while the team was winning without White... If he was on another team we would laugh at them for thinking a 27 year old with his stats and history is their future savior... White will never be anything more than a pretty good starter or an amazing 6th man
    I somewhat agree. White inconsistency this year is because of missing pre season, getting covid upon returning, and overall everyone getting use to White again. I agree that Murary should technically be a better piece going forward. But it comes down where the Spurs are taking this off season. If they going for more of win now move as they have the pieces, their picks and cap space to go after a big name on the trade market - then White makes more sense as he is a glue guy right now. However, if the Spurs lose DDR and decide to go with a youth movement by going after EG Collins, then you'll obviously take Murray going forward.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White's metrics and eye test show he's the most impactful Spurs player. He had the best +/- of anybody on the roster this season with the highest offensive rating per NBA.com. He does a lot of little things that don't show up in the box score like taking charges, contesting jump shots, etc...Unfortunately, the injuries are getting difficult to ignore and perhaps a bench role where he closes might be the best option next season. Too bad, he was having the best month of his career before the injury too. An interesting statistical analysis re: his +/-

Spurs’ offensive/defensive/net ratings when the other starters (Dejounte Murray, DeMar DeRozan, Keldon Johnson and Jakob Poeltl) play:

• With White: 117.9/111.9/+6.0
    • Without White: 100.8/106.7/-5.9

Source: https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/04/29...-ankle-injury/
    Last edited by 8sy21vd; 05-02-2021 at 02:23 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White's metrics and eye test show he's the impactful Spurs player. He had the best +/- of anybody on the roster this season with the highest offensive rating per NBA.com. He does a lot of little things that don't show up in the box score like taking charges, contesting jump shots, etc...Unfortunately, the injuries are getting difficult to ignore and perhaps a bench role where he closes might be the best option next season. Too bad, he was having the best month of his career before the injury too. An interesting statistical analysis re: his +/-

Spurs’ offensive/defensive/net ratings when the other starters (Dejounte Murray, DeMar DeRozan, Keldon Johnson and Jakob Poeltl) play:

• With White: 117.9/111.9/+6.0
    • Without White: 100.8/106.7/-5.9

Source: https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/04/29...-ankle-injury/
    That being said, Murray's improvement has been tangible this year. He's already a good player and still young with room to grow. I like his at ude and think he can be an AS. It's strange there are so many Murray/White haters on this board because these two were late first round picks who have become good players with potential to further develop. Most teams would love to have either. Neither is 'the guy' but Spurs' fans should love both.

Thread Information