yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ooof

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was out of control in the second half, he should have issued drop passes to jakob instead of forcing the issue.
    keldon should learn how to shoot the three when given the kickout pass.
    Spurs were known for pick and rolls before but now its all isolation.huhu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to admit that after the collapse at the end of the 3rd I couldn't stand to watch and just started following the play-by-play on my Spurs app. My question was why wasn't Tatum being doubled? They certainly doubled DDR. It seems like getting the ball out of his hands might not have been a bad idea. I don't recall ever seeing a game where a team chokes away a 32 point lead. Thanks for the grades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disappointing loss but I like it that they’re playing in so many compe ive close games. Should be good for development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's the point of these grades if Popovich is never gonna get an F?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was very unimpressed with the Spurs lack of ability to get a shot up with 4 seconds left even if they did have to go the length of the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's the point of these grades if Popovich is never gonna get an F?
    That inbound lob attempt from Gay to Walker, by itself, should get Pop an F. It was moronic.

But mainly, Pop should get an F for his failure to motivate the team in the 2nd half. The Spurs lost because they went into slowdown mode, like an NFL team going into a prevent defense. Sports fans know how often that backfires. The Spurs slowed themselves down without slowing the Celtics. Was the problem. Pop did nothing about it.

The officiating was trash again, also. Look at the number of free throw attempts. The refs made it almost impossible to play the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally disagree with the c for Pop. This loss is mainly on him... As any loss coming from a 32 points advantage (23 with 16 minutes to finish) has to be considered a coaching responsibility. I blame pop msinly because he didn't face the refs after they were giving a ridiculous amount of "and ones" to the Celtics for absolutely no reason, so cidcomnilsting the mind of his players that didn't understand anymore how and if to defend... I blame Pop because our advantage has been built in reason of good game and wonderful percentages while Celtics coming back has been built mainly for the wrong refs at ude that made our players lose confidence step by step. These are the situations where a good coach MUST let feel the refs they are behaving in a wrong way. The only moment he decided to do do was when he challenged the blatantly wrong call on Poeltl... But that was obviously too little too late...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally disagree with the c for Pop. This loss is mainly on him... As any loss coming from a 32 points advantage (23 with 16 minutes to finish) has to be considered a coaching responsibility. I blame pop msinly because he didn't face the refs after they were giving a ridiculous amount of "and ones" to the Celtics for absolutely no reason, so cidcomnilsting the mind of his players that didn't understand anymore how and if to defend... I blame Pop because our advantage has been built in reason of good game and wonderful percentages while Celtics coming back has been built mainly for the wrong refs at ude that made our players lose confidence step by step. These are the situations where a good coach MUST let feel the refs they are behaving in a wrong way. The only moment he decided to do do was when he challenged the blatantly wrong call on Poeltl... But that was obviously too little too late...
    They do this to "hold the viewership". But it does literally rob teams of wins. And I think it's ultimately questionable at this point whether it's really good for viewership. There are people like me who just tune out completely cos it's all artificial. I'm fine with watching a real game that is double digit difference. It makes the close games that more enjoyable. And it makes the comebacks authentic. NBA is just not watchable any more.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta say this is one of the worst losses EVER by the Spurs. Popovich stopped coaching at half. He made no subs utions outside his core guys, and made no adjustments. Tatum is too big and skilled for rookie Vassell or 6'4 Lonnie. No adjustment, should have tried and thrown Samanic or KBD on Tatum. Mills has to sit for a few games, he has NOTHING left right now. This is why Tre Jones should have been getting more minutes earlier in the season, could have used his defense and ability to run a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how Pop and Mills don't get F's tbh.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve tried to be understanding of these guys for the most part this season, as this is largely a young team, but 32 points? I don’t have much sympathy for that. No shame in losing to Boston in a close one, but man, 32...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop deserves a G- at best - he is now offiicially retired in place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch. Turned of game after 2nd. Didnt expect this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the basket had anything to do with it. I know the Celtics scored over 30 in the 2nd Q, but they shot in the low 30s in the first half, while the Spurs were at 70%. Then, in the 2nd half, when the teams switched ends, the Celtics couldn't miss and the Spurs couldn't buy a basket.

I have seen this before, so many times. One one end of the court, both teams struggle mightily to score, then on the other basket, both teams are like the Harlem Globetrotters, where everything goes in.

I am not trying to make excuses for that absurd choke job.....just an observation. Maybe the first half Celtics rim, which was the 2nd half Spurs rim was borrowed from a traveling carnival.

BTW, we shouldn't have been in the position, but we were, the call on Poeltl was horrible. We were up by 1, on the Celtics inbound. Poeltl makes a great play and the ball goes to Murray with a chance to go up by as many as 4 with just a few seconds left. Instead to sorry ass refs ed up and erroneously blew the whistle prior to Murray catching the ball. I knew when a jump ball was called, they would get it and score a 3. We got ing hosed on that call. Then, the Celtics got jobbed a few seconds later. Tatum should have had an and 1, but the refs said the whistle blew too soon, BULL . I feel it was a makeup call for their up just a few seconds prior. So, we are down 3 and we give the ball to Mr. Nutless and instead of him shooting the ball, he passes the ball giving Rudy no time to shoot.....Just ty. Oh, and on our inbounds play, the lob to the basket, what kind of mediocre bull was that? It was one of the worst inbounds plays I have ever seen the Spurs run in the Pop era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ok with the C for pop.... average coaches don't make any moves and he's very average at this point...he didn't do anything....when Tatum was going off he didn't try anything different....could have put Luke or KBD on him for a stretch to see if would make any difference but, no, he just let's it play out....totally average....

His FO is average too...doesn't do anything...everything Pop has anything to do with right now is just average...

Currently there are 15 teams ahead of us in league standings and 14 teams behind us.... He's the definition of average....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell being overmatched in size against Tatum is an example why I believe he's a SG (or an undersized SF). Which is fine... He's good as a SG, even though he was a no show last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to RIP the band-Aid off and see where the younguns can go the next few years.

DeRozan is a very good player. Just good enough to prevent you from acquiring top shelf talent at the top of the draft. Eating up a big chunk of cap space at 32 years old.

I don't want to see the treadmill for the next 3-4 years. I might be OK with DDR at $15MM per, but he would be "insulted" by that amount.

Let him walk and get to work front office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Patty is going through something personal. He is clearly not himself, even off the court. I remember a more energetic Patty who would pump his teammates up when they would walk to the bench. Now we see a Patty who blames his own teammates when it was his own up. Feeling the pressure of a lower contract this summer, Patty?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been a while since i had the time to see a Spurs game because i'm working like crazy but now that is holiday season for us in Greece(Easter is this weekend) i sat down and watched this game and i hope i had gone to sleep at half time but... Unfortunately the bball IQ of this team is the biggest problem and it shows when they're in any kind of pressure. Anyway i enjoyed watching my team again, Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP how did you like Pop dusting off that end of game play call for a Lonnie alley oop?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop deserves a G- at best - he is now offiicially retired in place.

lmao. A (G-)

Thread Information