Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This announcer casually mentions it at the start of the match.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    England really goofed attempting to bring foreign drama into their own society.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    this tbh...seems like the demand for racism is rapidly exceeding the supply

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    England is the epicenter. You'll notice that everything done in the US is tried out in England first.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not everyone in the world gives a about George Floyd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't they playing without public right now? We'll see when fans can go back. I doubt they give a , tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't they playing without public right now? We'll see when fans can go back. I doubt they give a , tbh
    You can find videos of them booing. They won't keep this sh** up. We can debate how long their memories will be; but your take is wrong otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can find videos of them booing. They won't keep this sh** up. We can debate how long their memories will be; but your take is wrong otherwise.
    That's what they said with hooligans, and they certainly kept that away.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what they said with hooligans, and they certainly kept that away.
    Comparing objectors to hooligans is a shameless philo.

There's a myriad of factors, so it's hard to say to what degree this adversely affects the league.

But we do know these shenanigans has greatly affected MLB and NBA; their ratings are way down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing objectors to hooligans is a shameless philo.

There's a myriad of factors, so it's hard to say to what degree this adversely affects the league.

But we do know these shenanigans has greatly affected MLB and NBA; their ratings are way down.
    That's what the bulk of their fandom was... the point is the league will do what works for them in the long term.

Old people tend to be the most resistant to this stuff, and eventually they go away and the league needs to capture new fans, which have different ideas.

Look, neither the MLB or NBA are stupid. The NBA has been on the kneel, racial justice bandwagon way, way before the pandemic and they had record attendance and profits...

Nike was supposed to tank because of that too, and not only they had record profits as well, they made Kaep a hero, and made the NFL apologize to him.

So let's see when there's an ounce of normalcy again, and how it plays out.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what the bulk of their fandom was... the point is the league will do what works for them in the long term.

Old people tend to be the most resistant to this stuff, and eventually they go away and the league needs to capture new fans, which have different ideas.

Look, neither the MLB or NBA are stupid. The NBA has been on the kneel, racial justice bandwagon way, way before the pandemic and they had record attendance and profits...

Nike was supposed to tank because of that too, and not only they had record profits as well, they made Kaep a hero, and made the NFL apologize to him.

So let's see when there's an ounce of normalcy again, and how it plays out.
    Debatable.

But in the case of NBA, they clearly serve their communist overlords in China.
    Americans will have to act politically in various ways. They already have in the case of the ratings.
    MLB I don't think it's about maximizing profits. It's about not fighting City Hall.
    They'll do their kneeling and then they'll have cleanup to perform.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Debatable.

But in the case of NBA, they clearly serve their communist overlords in China.
    Americans will have to act politically in various ways. They already have in the case of the ratings.
    MLB I don't think it's about maximizing profits. It's about not fighting City Hall.
    They'll do their kneeling and then they'll have cleanup to perform.
    Nonsense. China is a market every company wants to be on, period, as a matter of market size. They're the 2nd largest economy in the world by a large margin over the 3rd. Market penetration in China is incredibly daunting as well.

90% of working Americans work hard every day and come home to get entertained, have a beer and relax. Couldn't care less about boycotts and politics. About a quarter of the country doesn't even care to vote. The kneeling last 1 minute and the game is on.

If it were not for the sore vagina of a few, it would've failed completely as a method of protest. It succeeded because the unnecessary drama put it front and center.

We've seen all this already play out with Nike or Netflix. Now you have conservative politicos telling their owners to shut the up. I mean, in this country, if you lose corporate america, you really need to go back to the drawing board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amerikkkan whiteys desperate to take control of the coloured people.

It’s freedom of speech when a bunch of racists talk about the superiority of white men and throw n-bombs all over the place.
    But when the coloured people fights back, it’s it’s not patritic .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nonsense. China is a market every company wants to be on, period, as a matter of market size. They're the 2nd largest economy in the world by a large margin over the 3rd. Market penetration in China is incredibly daunting as well.

90% of working Americans work hard every day and come home to get entertained, have a beer and relax. Couldn't care less about boycotts and politics. About a quarter of the country doesn't even care to vote. The kneeling last 1 minute and the game is on.

If it were not for the sore vagina of a few, it would've failed completely as a method of protest. It succeeded because the unnecessary drama put it front and center.

We've seen all this already play out with Nike or Netflix. Now you have conservative politicos telling their owners to shut the up. I mean, in this country, if you lose corporate america, you really need to go back to the drawing board.
    I'm not debating that. But given that the NBA is a natural monopoly in the USA, there is recourse there. It currently is not being taken under our fascist regime but by the consumers who are at least penalizing them.

And that beer narrative just ain't what it used to be. Too many people are fed up with all the BS. Maybe it's true enough. But the applicability has definitely diminished greatly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not debating that. But given that the NBA is a natural monopoly in the USA, there is recourse there. It currently is not being taken under our fascist regime but by the consumers who are at least penalizing them.
    Debatable. Hard to tell how much of this is due to the pandemic, the protocols, bubble, etc, which certainly has temporarily diminished the quality of the product, vs what you claim. Time will certainly tell.

And that beer narrative just ain't what it used to be. Too many people are fed up with all the BS. Maybe it's true enough. But the applicability has definitely diminished greatly.
    When you become a global product like the NBA, catering to the < 30% that actually take issue with this in the US might not be worth it when you can more than make it up from overseas viewers (including China).

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you become a global product like the NBA, catering to the < 30% that actually take issue with this in the US might not be worth it when you can more than make it up from overseas viewers (including China).
    But again, it's a natural monopoly operating within our borders. Govt. should regulate it to the benefit of the nation rather than not. This is not occurring. But that is certainly no surprise given the state of the nation. The people can have a great effect and are indeed so doing. That is not debatable. One wonders how much that may recede later on when sentiment may not be as strong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But again, it's a natural monopoly operating within our borders. Govt. should regulate it to the benefit of the nation rather than not. This is not occurring. But that is certainly no surprise given the state of the nation. The people can have a great effect and are indeed so doing. That is not debatable. One wonders how much that may recede later on when sentiment may not be as strong.
    This started in 1922 with the MLB getting an anti-trust exemption from Federal Baseball Club v. National League.

Toolson v. New York Yankees, reaffirmed in the mid-50s.

If something is going to happen about that it has to come from Congress. But even if Congress removes the exception, the NBA is possibly better suited to defend an anti-trust claim because they're a global business and they compete for basketball fan attention against leagues all over the world, and international tournaments from FIBA, Olympics, etc.

It would be much harder for mostly US-only sports like the MLB or NFL to make that argument.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This started in 1922 with the MLB getting an anti-trust exemption from Federal Baseball Club v. National League.

Toolson v. New York Yankees, reaffirmed in the mid-50s.

If something is going to happen about that it has to come from Congress. But even if Congress removes the exception, the NBA is possibly better suited to defend an anti-trust claim because they're a global business and they compete for basketball fan attention against leagues all over the world, and international tournaments from FIBA, Olympics, etc.

It would be much harder for mostly US-only sports like the MLB or NFL to make that argument.
    Anti-trust exemptions are about allowing exemptions. They aren't about precluding regulation.

Bro, you philoing your ass off. Total shilling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-trust exemptions are about allowing exemptions. They aren't about precluding regulation.

Bro, you philoing your ass off. Total shilling.
    The Sherman act is the law in the books for the government to regulate (via the DOJ or FTC). So if they have an exception to that, it'll take Congress to come up with something else.

I'm not disagreeing they should, but for different reasons to yours.

The only reason you care about monopolies now it's because you want to hurt them for taking a political/ideological position different/opposite of yours.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Sherman act is the law in the books for the government to regulate (via the DOJ or FTC). So if they have an exception to that, it'll take Congress to come up with something else.

I'm not disagreeing they should, but for different reasons to yours.

The only reason you care about monopolies now it's because you want to hurt them for taking a political/ideological position different/opposite of yours.
    The leagues are extensions of a corporate elite used to push govt. propaganda. That's a good reason. Don't try to make your dog relative to my solid reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long lives the new World Order

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whities don’t like people raising fists or kneeling during sporting events
    The calamity

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The calamity
    Not supposed to do the sieg heil either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The calamity
    lmao what the ? what kind of person talks like this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amerikkkan whiteys desperate to take control of the coloured people.

It’s freedom of speech when a bunch of racists talk about the superiority of white men and throw n-bombs all over the place.
    But when the coloured people fights back, it’s it’s not patritic .
    pretty much. White people like to do and say racist , but once someone holds a mirror up to them, it's wrong lol.

Thread Information