Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng was dieng good!

Rudy might be the one veteran I wouldn't mind the Spurs keeping around.

Pop coaches better when he's not managing egos. His in-game coaching decision-making and sharpness ramp up whenever DeRozan's out I've noticed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Vassell kinda suck? The dude can't make a shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Vassell kinda suck? The dude can't make a shot
    He's shooting 0.375 for the year.

It's posts like this that make me wonder if posters on this board actually watch the games, or if they just come on after reading the box score and post whatever they can come up with.

I don't blame you if you don't have league pass or don't have access to these games.

It's quite common for people to react to games on an individual basis.... "Oh he score 3 points! Bad scorer!" "Oh he had 7 turnovers? Can't handle the ball!" "Oh only 4 threes? Not a shooter!" "Oh he have 4 rebounds? He no rebounder! Bad big! Bad big!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i havent watched a spurs game since opening day.......this was my first viewed match in months because derozan/lma were not in lineup....... timvp can u explain why luka isnt a primary ball handler? he has better handles than the guards & knows what do with the ball when driving unlike keldon/walker/murray
    Haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. It was a disappointing loss, but a very satisfactory performance from our youngsters.
    I've been a big critic of Lonnie for letting me down, but boy he's winning me back fast. True, he's the most athletic player on the court, and Lonnie will be a stud giving more chances to shine. Keep it up Lonnie!
    Keldon is a workhorse, and just keeps on pushing to win. I know he will just keep on improving because of his motor. He's going to continue working on mixing his drives with mid-range, dribble between the legs and fadeaways. I can't wait.
    Dieng, I mean the guy is just fun to watch. I'm sorry Poeltl, but this guy deserves the starting gig unless you put 100% effort EVERY night. Dieng makes sure it's a hard foul on Embiid going up. And he opens the lane for Keldon/Lonnie to drive.
    Tre, I'm quite disappointed. He has the poise, the defense, but come on, shoot the ball! I don't know if that's Pop, but he needs to be more selfish.

Overall I'm happy despite the loss. I'm excited for the future. The youngsters competed even without Demar. Too bad Rudy and Patty were there to spoil it, just saying. Okay Rudy was good almost the entire game, but really that turnover probably cost us the game. That and Patty losing the ball with that Green poking from behind. I mean these from our veteran players in the most crucial moments. And yes Patty should know that Green was behind him and should've secured the ball better. I expect more from the veterans, if that's why they're in the ball game in the first place.
    Last edited by John B; 05-03-2021 at 12:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's posts like this that make me wonder if posters on this board actually watch the games, or if they just come on after reading the box score and post whatever they can come up with.

I don't blame you if you don't have league pass or don't have access to these games.

It's quite common for people to react to games on an individual basis.... "Oh he score 3 points! Bad scorer!" "Oh he had 7 turnovers? Can't handle the ball!" "Oh only 4 threes? Not a shooter!" "Oh he have 4 rebounds? He no rebounder! Bad big! Bad big!"
    What's his shooting percentage as a starter? Jw. Also what are his shooting percentages in month by month splits. There's probably a place that shows this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHY DID WE REST JAK?

It was obvious that the spurs could not match the size of the 76ers. Half our team seemed scared of Embiid and Howard tbh. We needed more big men in the rotation but we rested our best defensive big man... If Poeltl had played i think Spurs win this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHY DID WE REST JAK?

It was obvious that the spurs could not match the size of the 76ers. Half our team seemed scared of Embid and Howard tbh. We needed more big men in the rotation but we rested our best defensive big man... If Poeltl had played i think Spurs win this.
    haha I doubt it. Poeltl has good games, but he folds under big men compe ion. I'm sorry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. As others mentioned, it was Gay's fault leaving Simmons open and unattended, and Keldon shouldn't take the blame, but still the Spurs are pathetically bad at boxing out, collectively. It routinely costs them the battle of rebounds, and gifts the opponents multiple chances to score, meaning they have little resort to stop the opponent from creating leads when the offense isn't clicking. Also makes for some funny posts when posters isolate Jakob as the problem regarding rebounds, when our lack of size/strength at PF and collective inability to box out are by far bigger culprits. I don't know if it's Pop not emphasizing it as much, or "lack of practice" as he calls it, but it's really notorious in a bad way.
    I agree for the most part. Boxing out is about having it as a habit which means practice but its about bball IQ as well as to how to use your body see Tim Duncan. Most of our young players don't have the bball IQ to do little things like that but these are the things that lead to victories and rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I thought so. He shot 32% from 3 in April. he's been sucking bro at the wrong time. Also 37.5% on less than 1 make a game isn't what I consider good, but we can agree to disagree with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot they played last night but not surprised to see they had a fighting chance with _Emar _eRozan out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    devon has hit the rookie wall. if one really wants to give a fair assessment of his performance they'd have to compare his drop in shooting percentage to that of other rookies.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng > Markannen.

Thread Information