Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can't catch a break smh. No reason for this garbage team to be in a play-in just to lose anyway

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can't catch a break smh. No reason for this garbage team to be in a play-in just to lose anyway
    The Kings can still pass us if they beat us tonight but this injury takes us out of the running for 9th pick. 10th pick is still within reach though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Kings can still pass us if they beat us tonight but this injury takes us out of the running for 9th pick. 10th pick is still within reach though.
    Sacto just lost Haliburton for the year with his hyperextended knee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacto just lost Haliburton for the year with his hyperextended knee.
    Ugh. Really can’t catch a break. It’s very frustrating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These comments are just disgusting. Such weak mindset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These comments are just disgusting. Such weak mindset.
    Some people just don't care for an extra game that the team will lose anyway. Good on you for being a supportive fan though.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people just don't care for an extra game that the team will lose anyway. Good on you for being a supportive fan though.
    That guy is Demar's #1 fan on Spurstalk, so it's not surprising he'd rather see an extra play in game instead of a better pick. The rational fans gave up on this team after that embarrassing 30 pt comeback loss to the Celts. I refuse to support any of the players that took part in that fiasco, especially Demar who's supposed to be the team's leader

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That guy is Demar's #1 fan on Spurstalk, so it's not surprising he'd rather see an extra play in game instead of a better pick. The rational fans gave up on this team after that embarrassing 30 pt comeback loss to the Celts. I refuse to support any of the players that took part in that fiasco, especially Demar who's supposed to be the team's leader
    Rational fans and giving up on the team don't go together.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rational fans and giving up on the team don't go together.
    Seems like a lot of people haven’t lost faith in the “Spurs” but they have lost faith in “this” team. As constructed, it would be impossible for a rational person to approve of what this team has become.

They seem to know the Spurs draft well and since 85% of the top 25 players in the NBA are pick 15 and up they know the better the pick the more likely we’ll have a player worth... anything.
    Last edited by FutureMan; 05-07-2021 at 11:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a lot of people haven’t lost faith in the “Spurs” but they have lost faith in “this” team. As constructed, it would be impossible for a rational person to approve of what this team has become.

They seem to know the Spurs draft well and since 85% of the top 25 players in the NBA are pick 15 and up they know the better the pick the more likely we’ll have a player worth... anything.
    They got all off season to forget about this team. In the meantime, this is still out team. You can't ask for your young players to play well but also wish loses. Losing mentality sucks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got all off season to forget about this team. In the meantime, this is still out team. You can't ask for your young players to play well but also wish loses. Losing mentality sucks.
    I see what you’re trying to say however the young players who will be here next year aren’t playing enough. We’re over playing DeRozan, Gay, & Mills who should not be on this team next year.

Since the top NBA players are conveniently in the top 15 of the draft that leaves the Spurs with only a few options.
    1. Vassell - who was only allowed 5 shots tonight in 15 minutes of play (insulting for an 11th pick)
    2. Next years lottery pick
    3. Following years lottery pick (this could go on for years)
    4. Free agency

Vassell could certainly be a great asset to the team and I think it is possible but very unlikely that he leads this team.
    I’d prefer to avoid option 3 altogether.
    4 is tough since there are only a few players that can lift us. Kinda leaves me thinking option 2 is the best bet.

A lot of pressure going into this off-season for the Spurs. That’s for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real weak mindset is preferring your team stay stuck in neutral and one and dones despite being in obvious need of revamping...all for one extra game that will undoubtedly result in an L. But if there are those who want to label fans that want their team to have a better long term future as being weak minded, fine. I just want this team to aspire to higher than mediocrity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real weak mindset is preferring your team stay stuck in neutral and one and dones despite being in obvious need of revamping...all for one extra game that will undoubtedly result in an L. But if there are those who want to label fans that want their team to have a better long term future as being weak minded, fine. I just want this team to aspire to higher than mediocrity.
    Give me a shot one one gaming LeBron out of the playoffs would be the most satisfying thing in the last few years. Our team lost LMA. We are going into the off season with significant cap space.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really just an extra game. All the games leading up to the play in are quality games that are good for development. OKC for instance stopped playing meaningful games since March.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol yeah all that cap space so we can get burned by every quality free agent like usual. We couldn’t even get much players in free agency during the Big 3 era. A team so desperate for star talent that some people actually want to bring Demar back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol yeah all that cap space so we can get burned by every quality free agent like usual. We couldn’t even get much players in free agency during the Big 3 era. A team so desperate for star talent that some people actually want to bring Demar back.
    The free agent class is also not that great to begin with and even if we do get Markkanen, that still won't be enough for us when you combine that with a middling draft slot that this team seems bent on landing. 9th pick was probably a pipe dream but to get a worse pick than we had last year is very disappointing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The free agent class is also not that great to begin with and even if we do get Markkanen, that still won't be enough for us when you combine that with a middling draft slot that this team seems bent on landing. 9th pick was probably a pipe dream but to get a worse pick than we had last year is very disappointing.
    Yep some fans think the Spurs are immune to doing a hard rebuild and act like the “culture” that died with the Big 3 is still around. You know that cap space is going to be wasted on signing Derozan to the max while we essentially bring back the same roster and a low lottery pick that Pop won’t play again. Treadmill team status.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They know there’s no point in trying hard to reach the play-in just to be killed; they’re doing the right thing by getting Zion another young top pick to help him out.

unlike the stupid ass Spurs trying to keep their mediocre season alive for no reason whatsoever, besides a tier pick.
    ST'ers over rate a spot or two in the draft way too damn much.

Getting these players playoff experience is a really good thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see what you’re trying to say however the young players who will be here next year aren’t playing enough. We’re over playing DeRozan, Gay, & Mills who should not be on this team next year.

Since the top NBA players are conveniently in the top 15 of the draft that leaves the Spurs with only a few options.
    1. Vassell - who was only allowed 5 shots tonight in 15 minutes of play (insulting for an 11th pick)
    4. Free agency

Vassell could certainly be a great asset to the team and I think it is possible but very unlikely that he leads this team.
    4 is tough since there are only a few players that can lift us. Kinda leaves me thinking option 2 is the best bet.

The Spurs are likely to land anywhere between 11-15 this year so you can count this year too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4. Free agency

Mills is retiring here for sure. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gay retire here too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST'ers over rate a spot or two in the draft way too damn much.

Getting these players playoff experience is a really good thing.
    I'd flip it around and say you're overrating a playoff curbstomping way too damn much. Murray and Poetl already have playoff experience in a REAL, pre-pandemic playoff atmosphere. One and Done won't do jack for Keldon, Lonnie, and especially Vassell, who'll be on towel-waiving duty. Getting this team a top 10 draft pick is a really good thing. Unfortunately, that hope is gone so we're stuck on neutral as has been the case for the past 3 years.
    Last edited by SpurPadre; 05-08-2021 at 03:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thing is Pop should play the young guys a bit more. I’m not even saying bench the veteran players but if they aren’t playing well or getting roasted on defense, sub them out and give the young players a few minutes to see what they can provide.

the rotation is down to nine players at best and a decent amount of the veterans look sluggish as . At least If we lose we see what we have with the young players instead of going through what we already know. We have damn near no shot in to win a playoff series and we most likely will not come close to winning a play in game. So what’s really the point of sticking with such a tight rotation, especially when the veterans are most likely leaving next season?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can tell by threads like these who has actually played basketball in compe ive team environments and how has played video games.
    Last edited by Mr. Body; 05-08-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Thread Information